over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Metformin and decreased sex drive

Rep

Registered
I have been on Metformin (500mg twice daily) for 3 weeks and take TRT (200mg/week). I have always had a very unusually high libido but Metformin has crushed this. I knew that Metformin decreased testosterone levels but I felt the TRT would abate that affect. Has anyone else experienced this?

I have been on Metformin (500mg twice daily) for 3 weeks and take TRT (200mg/week). I have always had a very unusually high libido but Metformin has crushed this. I knew that Metformin decreased testosterone levels but I felt the TRT would abate that affect. Has anyone else experienced this?
I have not…..I also take 1000mg daily. I’m currently cursing on 250 Test, 200 primo and 4iu HGH and my sex drive is through the roof……and I’m 39 going on 40 years old! I have got nothing but benefits from metformin.
7A668801-A73F-4842-B1F5-6DC6AC6C3E21.png

You are running more adjuncts than me which is obviously offsetting the side effect. I have attached one study which shows the extent that it lowers testosterone. My doc isn't going to raise my TRT bc of this, so I need to find an alternative. I have read the many studies that Metformin increases lifespan and alike and would like to stick with it. However, I miss the sex. I've never had such a huge decrease in libido before.

You are running more adjuncts than me which is obviously offsetting the side effect. I have attached one study which shows the extent that it lowers testosterone. My doc isn't going to raise my TRT bc of this, so I need to find an alternative. I have read the many studies that Metformin increases lifespan and alike and would like to stick with it. However, I miss the sex. I've never had such a huge decrease in libido before.

He’s running 50mg more Testosterone than you..

Primo isn’t known to increase sex drive, neither is HGH… If anything HGH has been known to play a role in estrogen cascades and Primo as well, therefore throwing more variables into play to possibly mess up sex drive more than anything…

Can you post the studies where Metformin reduces testosterone to any significant amount, also the studies showing that it completely bypasses exogenous administration/processes??

There are many studies. In this, look at Figure 5. The testosterone is more than 50% less. It's extremely significant.

There are many studies. In this, look at Figure 5. The testosterone is more than 50% less. It's extremely significant.

I see what you’re saying but that study seems a bit off in some ways..

The whole point of my post was that you’re not going to find studies done on men who are healthy athletes supplementing with exogenous testosterone…

The study didn’t give a baseline of all the groups they were testing (if it did I missed it) and the people they were studying were diabetics, probably extremely unhealthy, no exercise etc..

You can’t compare that to an athlete.. Even naturally with no supplements an athletic and healthy person is going to have a way better libido/sex life etc than someone who eats junk, is diabetic, high blood pressure etc etc..

What they need to do is have baseline numbers on healthy, athletic men, then test them while using metformin, and do the same for men supplementing testosterone…

Lucky for us; we have you lol

Blood tests are pretty cheap;

Why don’t you get off the Metformin for a couple weeks, and get baseline numbers, then get on the metformin again for a couple weeks and retest everything, get your Total T, Free T, SHBG, Bio T, E2 etc…

After all, that’s the only thing that’s really going to tell you if it’s the Metformin or not.. I’d bank it’s something else, especially if you’re taking 200mg per week of Test..

My libido is the same when running metformin on 100 or 200 mg/week. What happens with diabetic men is a different question as far as i am concerned. ED usually happens early on before heart problems as the veins in the penis are very small and plug up before those for the heart. Guys would listen to commercials on TV and take action about there dick going off line from cholesterol way sooner then they will about heart problems. Not sure who does their marketing campaign. Unhealthy people in general have less sex drive that is natures way of making sure they don't reproduce offspring that they can't take care of.

Metformin can reduce test " production".. you are not producing test.. you are administering test.. the studies I've seen don't show any less assimilation or metabolism of test. It lowers product which you are introducing " artificially ".. so it should not effect your sex drive.. coukd you be getting elevated estro ?

Last edited:
If it crashes ur bg 2 low it can happen just like with 2 much slin.

I have no problem with libido.
- 1000mg Metformin / off days
- 500mg Metformin / training days
- now TRT 210 test prop / week

Test production doesnt matter 4 u, it does fuck up androgen receptors etc, assuming ur on endogenous test its same sht.

Metformin may increase SHBG, lower free T in exchange
Look into that

It does have many benefits but obviously a "not so great profile" also. I am trying to figure this out as its not great for my sex life.

To make matter more complicated, I have started DNP (250-250mg/day) around the same time. I also am taking Clenbuterol 20-40 mcg/day.

Could the DNP or Clen be causing the extreme low libido in your opinions?

It does have many benefits but obviously a "not so great profile" also. I am trying to figure this out as its not great for my sex life.

To make matter more complicated, I have started DNP (250-250mg/day) around the same time. I also am taking Clenbuterol 20-40 mcg/day.

And you decided to place blame on the metformin? You’re running your body in the red is it really surprising that it’s not operating as normal?

Well.. I can tell you clen and other stimulants nail my dick to my leg.. sex drive is still high.. but bad ed

I laid the blame on Metformin due to its ability to decrease Test. Has anyone had low libido on DNP?

I laid the blame on Metformin due to its ability to decrease Test. Has anyone had low libido on DNP?

Got it, but you don’t think something that dramatically raises your heart rate such as clen or something that turns your body into a walking furnace like DNP, while combining them no less, is going to mess with how your body typically functions? That isn’t to say that metformin wouldn’t have somewhat of a factor but considering you didn’t even mention the dnp and clen at first is confounding.

LMAO

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
methyl m1ke