advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Metformin article. Seems it is terrible for muscle.

To maximize carb blocking it seems 500mg of regular metformin before carb meals 2-3x a day is the way to go. Ideal for cutting.

For general use 500mg of extended release metformin after carb meals 2-3x a day works well. This is what I am doing now except I just added a dose in the AM upon waking.

For bulking purposes you'd want to keep the metformin away from training time especially if using slin and carbs around training (which you should be doing on a bulk). You'd use extended release prebed to improve your slin sensitivity. Optional dose in the AM especially if you train in the evenings.

This is my understanding from the research I have done up to this point. I am actually switching to the third option even though I am in a cut. Reason being is I'm going to be fasting during the day. Having almost all carbs postworkout.

As you can see, once you figure out how this stuff works, you can customize it to fit what you're doing. Pick one to start and go from there. It's all about preferences and what works for you.

Credit for this gathered info goes to LEX, Stewie, morepain and a few others who have been sharing great information on the subject of metformin. I'm beginning to get a pretty good understanding I feel.

Very interesting mate. I just started metformin 500mg 2x/ day nbecause of all the good reviews on this topic :) Maybe I'll open a log of my prep if you guys are interested. My stats are 255lbs for 6'1.
Im on 500mg Tren A/500mg mast prop/250mg of test
40mg Nolva ED
6ui rHgh
Im on a medium carb diet and keep all my carbs around the wo.
I just started to take mk677 with my hgh just to experiment. I dont' know if its a good idea ?

I ordered synthetine and sytheselen to give it a try too :)

I like to use 10-15ui slin pre-wo with the mike arnold protocol. If I take metformin, I have to stop slin pre-wo ?
thanks budds !

Last edited:
Been on 500mg standard release metformin 2x per day about 6weeks now. Yesterday I skipped my morning dose and used 5iu humalog pre workout and 100mcg des intra workout. No glucose issues at all. Drank a 60g waxy maize 30g whey shake 20min after the Humalog and the same about 75min later.

Have you noticed any change to your appearance, fat loss or anything? Thanks

Not really much in appearance at all. But from blood work my health drastically improved. I think I'm going to up my dose from 500mg 2x per day to 750mg 2x per day.

Not really much in appearance at all. But from blood work my health drastically improved. I think I'm going to up my dose from 500mg 2x per day to 750mg 2x per day.

what markers improved?

were you on aas on the 'before' and 'after' blood panels?

Well, I'm sold. I just placed an order. I think this is super important, considering my wife and I indulge in a less-than-perfect diet.

This thread is a good read I missed. I wanted to share my experience with metformin and a few observations:

Going hypo from eating processed foods may be normal for someone with low insulin resistance, it is for me. If I'm eating very clean, doing daily cardio sessions, and I have large amounts of processed carbs (or maybe even a little sugar) when hungry, I'm DEFINITELY going hypo. You could say I'm hypoglycemic but really I think I just have low insulin resistance. When I use metformin, this condition gets much worse, I can't even look at fast digesting carbs. This isn't from the metformin directly.

Longevity benefits from metformin may not be caused directly by the metformin, but instead be an effect from the lower insulin resistance. This would mean that using other methods to lower insulin resistance would also be effective and the effects wouldn't be cumulative.

About half way through this thread, some "brain drug people" got all up on their high horse towards the "body drug people" that was ironic.

Perhaps the best way to use metformin is to just take it for short amounts of time and then go off it while maintaining an optimal diet and doing cardio.

Last edited:
This thread is a good read I missed. I wanted to share my experience with metformin and a few observations:

Going hypo from eating processed foods may be normal for someone with low insulin resistance, it is for me. If I'm eating very clean, doing daily cardio sessions, and I have large amounts of processed carbs (or maybe even a little sugar) when hungry, I'm DEFINITELY going hypo. You could say I'm hypoglycemic but really I think I just have low insulin resistance. When I use metformin, this condition gets much worse, I can't even look at fast digesting carbs. This isn't from the metformin directly.

Longevity benefits from metformin may not be caused directly by the metformin, but instead be an effect from the lower insulin resistance. This would mean that using other methods to lower insulin resistance would also be effective and the effects wouldn't be cumulative.

About half way through this thread, some "brain drug people" got all up on their high horse towards the "body drug people" that was ironic.

Perhaps the best way to use metformin is to just take it for short amounts of time and then go off it while maintaining an optimal diet and doing cardio.

What is a short period of time? Just curious, as metformins benefits continue to increase the longer one runs it?

The most interesting thing about metformin is it's anti-cancer activity.

Not through low glucose, but through mTOR in general, and specifically how it potentiates a p53-dependent signal.

It participates in the attenuation of mTOR as a part of an error-checking process, where the cell stops signal integration to asses for damage.

As I've said, that is an acceptable condition for me; although, I have never been a metformin person because there are only a few times when I would have needed it for glucose.

metformin has a great effect of anti-cancer activity, but I don't know how it works in hell before. have a new cognition:)

The most interesting thing about metformin is it's anti-cancer activity.

Not through low glucose, but through mTOR in general, and specifically how it potentiates a p53-dependent signal.

It participates in the attenuation of mTOR as a part of an error-checking process, where the cell stops signal integration to asses for damage.

As I've said, that is an acceptable condition for me; although, I have never been a metformin person because there are only a few times when I would have needed it for glucose.

mTOR effects are from a reduction in IGF-1 receptors from what I understand

metformin has a great effect of anti-cancer activity, but I don't know how it works in hell before. have a new cognition:)

I concur

:eek:

On a serious note I am like Kaladryn and I have to be careful with carb consumption. I have noticed I am extra sensitive to those effects now I am using metformin at 1000mg twice daily. Only on that dose as I received 1000mg tabs but will go back down to 500mg twice daily soon. I have been using 1 tab before breakfast and 1 before an evening meal.

**broken link removed**

Objective: Both insulin and metformin have been shown to attenuate hyperglycemia and reduce net muscle protein catabolism following burn injury. The purpose of this study was to compare the peripheral metabolic effects of insulin and metformin in severe burn patients.

Methods: Six adult patients with burns greater than 40% of their body surface underwent metabolic evaluation utilizing isotopic dilution of phenylalanine, femoral arterial and venous blood sampling, and sequential biopsies of leg muscle. Following baseline measurements, insulin was infused into the femoral artery at 0.45 mIU/min 100 mL leg volume. Patients were then given metformin (850 mg every 8 hours) for seven days with repeat metabolic evaluation before and during intra-arterial infusion of insulin.

Results: Intra-arterial administration of insulin significantly increased insulin concentrations within the femoral vein, creating hyperinsulinemia localized to the extremity. Metformin had no significant effect on either peripheral glucose clearance or the rate of glucose oxidation. Furthermore, the availability of ATP and energy charge within muscle was not overtly affected by either insulin or metformin. Metformin did significantly increase the fractional synthetic rate of muscle protein which increased even further with insulin administration. Both metformin and insulin separately increased the rate of muscle protein synthesis as calculated using three compartment modeling.

Conclusion: This study demonstrates a significant anabolic effect on muscle protein with metformin and a modest response with insulin. Findings also suggest that metformin and insulin may work synergistically to further improve muscle protein kinetics.

Contrary to popular belief... It would be Interesting to read the full text.

Last edited:
What is the recommended daily limit? At what point is there no sense in taking an increase amount? I've seen guys taking as little as 500mg a day, and some up to 3grams a day.

wow so much info in this thread. I have some in my stash and might give it a go here soon.

I just ordered a shit ton for my Wife and I. We are going to try and give it a good go as GI bro suggested.

GI bro, should I have her take 250mcgs at a time? She's 5'2" 140lbs.
Start with 250 mg morning and night that is a minimal dose I use 1000 Twice a day
No, no reasons at all.
Except for increased insulin sensitivity, fat loss, enhanced immune system, itreduces or lowers the chances of developing atherosclerosis and reduces the rate of pro-aging cross linkages of collagen, which plays a role in the scar tissue build-up that occurs during wound healing,lowering total cholesterol, low density lipids, free fatty acids, tissue plasminogen activator antigen and insulin levels when patients present with symptoms of hypertension dyslipidemia, visceral obesity or hyperglycemia. You're right though, you should listen to your buddy and his cow cells.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Start with 250 mg morning and night that is a minimal dose I use 1000 Twice a day

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

I was using 1g twice daily and have cut it back to 500mg instead recently. We tend to draw the negatives out of some things with our over compulsive, more is better, bodybuilding attitudes! Instead now I cut the 1g tab in two and take half AM and the other half in the evenings. It's working just as well so far in my opinion but time will tell.

Great study Stewie.

Makes me feel better about utilizing both. If I'm understanding the study correctly. Would it make sense to utilize metformin around the same time as administering insulin due to its synergistic properties? i.e pre workout and then again maybe using a time released version pre bed?

To maximize carb blocking it seems 500mg of regular metformin before carb meals 2-3x a day is the way to go. Ideal for cutting.

For general use 500mg of extended release metformin after carb meals 2-3x a day works well. This is what I am doing now except I just added a dose in the AM upon waking.

For bulking purposes you'd want to keep the metformin away from training time especially if using slin and carbs around training (which you should be doing on a bulk). You'd use extended release prebed to improve your slin sensitivity. Optional dose in the AM especially if you train in the evenings.

This is my understanding from the research I have done up to this point. I am actually switching to the third option even though I am in a cut. Reason being is I'm going to be fasting during the day. Having almost all carbs postworkout.

As you can see, once you figure out how this stuff works, you can customize it to fit what you're doing. Pick one to start and go from there. It's all about preferences and what works for you.

Credit for this gathered info goes to LEX, Stewie, morepain and a few others who have been sharing great information on the subject of metformin. I'm beginning to get a pretty good understanding I feel.

So if you were trying to have a leaner offseason but still put on some size slowly with or without slin. Would you say one dose of 500 predbed with slin and say one dose of 500 first thing in the morning and prebed without slin? Or more of take with heavier carb meals except around the peri window?

Staff online

• A50#
    Old School Moderator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws