advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Metformin + berberberine = why not both?

I think I definitely want something that's going to lower blood glucose through increased insulin sensitivity rather than just slowing carbohydrate absorption. I don't want my absorption slowed at all really since my method is to get the carbs in then lower glucose immediately or as soon as possible through uptake (GDA or slin). Acarbose would not be what I need for that. Plus Acarbose has a laundry list of possible side effects and contraindicated with my beta blocker and also aggravate my IBS-D while MET and BBR (at least for me personally) have no side effects that I've seen other than occasional hypoglycemia (which is mild).

But Acarbose may be good for others who eat a ton of carbs, low fat, and have constant hyperglycemia. Which is a lot of bodybuilders definitely. Like everything else, everything has its place and changes individually for what each person wants. But great info either way. It might be something to consider during a loading phase so you can load up without losing all the sensitivity you gained during the depletion phase if you're carb fasting (carb cycling).
I take Acarbose and Nebivolol (beta blocker). No problem at all. I feel great.

I take Acarbose and Nebivolol (beta blocker). No problem at all. I feel great.
The clinical pharmacology (package insert) suggests that's a bad idea. Nebivolol is not on the list I saw but my propranolol was stating that hyperglycemia could result. By what mechanism that happens, Idon't know. As was IBS-D which I occasoionally take Viberzi for.

But again, just because it might not be right for me, is no indication that it might not be just fine for someone else. These drugs are not one size fits all. We are fortunate to have many choices available to us today. I like knowing about the medication though. Thank you for adding it to the thread.

The clinical pharmacology (package insert) suggests that's a bad idea. Nebivolol is not on the list I saw but my propranolol was stating that hyperglycemia could result. By what mechanism that happens, Idon't know. As was IBS-D which I occasoionally take Viberzi for.

But again, just because it might not be right for me, is no indication that it might not be just fine for someone else. These drugs are not one size fits all. We are fortunate to have many choices available to us today. I like knowing about the medication though. Thank you for adding it to the thread.
You know those package inserts say things to be overly cautious. I doubt it's truly a serious risk unless the doses are too high or the person is already extremely vulnerable. Ultimately, it's up to the individual to decide though.

You know those package inserts say things to be overly cautious. I doubt it's truly a serious risk unless the doses are too high or the person is already extremely vulnerable. Ultimately, it's up to the individual to decide though.
Wow. You're really selling this stuff. Okay, that's cool. I'm probably just stuck in my ways.

Until they compare Metformin vs Acarbose in humans, this is the best rodent trial that has ever been performed to date (they used several different kinds and it was very well done). If you are really interested in this topic, I suggest you do the research on it because my brain can't remember all the details about everything I researched so it is best that I don't play the role of messenger.

Also, SGLT2 inhibitors like empagliflozin and canagliflozin are much better for general health than Metformin too.

I personally combine Acarbose + Empagliflozin after having done extensive research. I don't get any side effects besides maybe shitting a little more but Metformin did that to me too.

Metformin blunts the benefits of exercise, which makes it a hard no for me. I don't see the point in using it when there are better things.

If lowering A1C is the goal, I noticed better benefits from berberine than metformin, without the negative exercise effects.

This guy breaks everything down well here.

I know you do your research and are very health-oriented which I highly respect and value.

Is there a reason why you chose Empagliflozin over metformin other than general health? Does it lower glucose levels similarly to metformin? What dose do you take if you don't mind sharing?

Until they compare Metformin vs Acarbose in humans, this is the best rodent trial that has ever been performed to date (they used several different kinds and it was very well done). If you are really interested in this topic, I suggest you do the research on it because my brain can't remember all the details about everything I researched so it is best that I don't play the role of messenger.

Also, SGLT2 inhibitors like empagliflozin and canagliflozin are much better for general health than Metformin too.

I personally combine Acarbose + Empagliflozin after having done extensive research. I don't get any side effects besides maybe shitting a little more but Metformin did that to me too.

Metformin blunts the benefits of exercise, which makes it a hard no for me. I don't see the point in using it when there are better things.

If lowering A1C is the goal, I noticed better benefits from berberine than metformin, without the negative exercise effects.

This guy breaks everything down well here.

Has the Empagliflozin increased your LDL at all?

I know you do your research and are very health-oriented which I highly respect and value.

Is there a reason why you chose Empagliflozin over metformin other than general health? Does it lower glucose levels similarly to metformin? What dose do you take if you don't mind sharing?
I use 12.5mg (I cut a 25mg tab in half)

It is far superior for cardiovascular health and life extension. It reduces A1C similarly to Metformin (haven't looked into which does it more)

Has the Empagliflozin increased your LDL at all?
Haven't had labs since I started yet, but I added Ezetimibe at the same time so I would imagine not.

Only thing keeping me from taking canagliflozin or empagliflozin is, that they act like a diuretic (keeping an eye on electrolytes, lipids can get a hit and so on) and the urinary tract infections.

If only they were less harsh on the body.

Staff online

• MikeS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Lbmike99
NapsGear