over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Metformin during lean bulk

Does just the opposite for me. I look my best on it, add GH and bam.

I look fine on it when dieting too and I think it helps there.

But let me ask...how much food are you pushing? Or are you just eating maintance calories? Bc there is a big difference for me with the two and the effects are much different.

john you would want to take a good GDA that has a good dose of berberine in it, it would work great for you especially with how lean you stay, you could really push the carbs!!

Thank you b-boy! 💪

in theory..

but it also reduces the amount of carbs that your body absorbs..

I decided against using it, as I feel it makes me feel weak and more tired.

IIRC, it lowers your B12 and CoQ10

Just FYI the B12 and CoQ10 lowering effects are easily managed with supplementation. I actually had to cut back on my ubiquinol dose because my blood level was double the normal range. I’ve been taking 1500mg metformin every day for years. Feel much better on it. Too effective of a fat loss tool not to use it

JJ I can send you my berberine, I only took a few it's the one bboy recommends. I couldn't handle it, the shits were unbearable. Metformin works well for me on low carbs, higher carbs and the GI issues and shits suck.

I shit too much already. My ass hole hurts! :eek:

No it doesn't. In theory better slin sensitivity would lead to better nutrition partitioning but metformin does not directly do this as far as I know.

Actually, it does.

https://www.pharmgkb.org/pathway/PA165948566

Finally, activated AMPK results in an increase in glucose uptake in skeletal muscle via an increase in GLUT4 (encoded by gene SLC2A4) translocation activity [Article:17476361]. The overall effect of AMPK activation includes the stimulation of fatty acid (FA) oxidation with inhibition of cholesterol and triglyceride synthesis in the liver and stimulation of FA oxidation and glucose uptake in skeletal muscle as well as a systemic increase in insulin sensitivity [Article:19629071].

I look fine on it when dieting too and I think it helps there.

But let me ask...how much food are you pushing? Or are you just eating maintance calories? Bc there is a big difference for me with the two and the effects are much different.

I don't count calories. I eat when I feel hungry. I just limit certain choices of foods when getting leaner, by changing ratios.

I don't count calories. I eat when I feel hungry. I just limit certain choices of foods when getting leaner, by changing ratios.

Yea that’s sounds about right and I feel good and look good with it in that scenario also. But in a scenario where I’m pushing the food hard the bad effects happen.

Just wondering...has anyone in this thread used successfully when pushing food hard...say 4500-5000 cals? <- that’s pushing it for me and when I use metformin I can’t get all the food in but as soon as I drop it 3-4 Days it starts going down easy again.

No it doesn't. In theory better slin sensitivity would lead to better nutrition partitioning but metformin does not directly do this as far as I know.

One of the only compounds proven to shuttle glucose into muscle cells, as I stated. This is something most get wrong about metformin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just FYI the B12 and CoQ10 lowering effects are easily managed with supplementation. I actually had to cut back on my ubiquinol dose because my blood level was double the normal range. I’ve been taking 1500mg metformin every day for years. Feel much better on it. Too effective of a fat loss tool not to use it

If you get sufficient amounts of calcium in (not necessarily supplemental calcium) this should act as a buffering channel (metformin slays on the ole calcium-dependent ileal membrane as an antagonist) against B12 malabsorption.

Otherwise, yeah you could supplement with B12.

For guys who suffer from bad insulin sensitivity+fat gain during bulks; Why not just lower and properly time your carbs?

I look at GDAs as agents to be utilized more so for mitigating the BG side effects of GH/ peptide use.

If I'm getting too fat in the off season, proper implementation of some form of cardio, carb restriction (calories as well) is going to be the first thing I target. I eat pretty low carbs on my off days (100 grams) with higher fats and proteins, and a VAST majority of the carbs are portioned in the peri-workout window.

Dr. Scott Stevenson described GDAs as cardio in the form of a pill in a way; they have a very definitive use, but no need to just throw them in without looking at other variables.

Up! i have a question :) you see water retention with metformin? I started three days ago with metformin 450x3 and I see a lot of retention in my body

Up! i have a question :) you see water retention with metformin? I started three days ago with metformin 450x3 and I see a lot of retention in my body

Never heard of this issue

No--it's not even listed in the clinical data or the postmarketing / case report data.

Stomach distension IS mentioned--but it's likely due to gas / GI issues that comes with metformin.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
mp18201
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws