over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Metformin Extended release?

rainstony

Registered
Has anyone seen the Extended release version of metformin? I've only ever been able to find the regular. Who makes the Extended version?

I think I've read that dihydroberberine lasts for 8 hours , I'll try and find where and post it if I can .

ADC has it. I use it before bed a1c came back 4.3 below range. Not sure If that's too low? But tells me it works.

ADC has it. I use it before bed a1c came back 4.3 below range. Not sure If that's too low? But tells me it works.

It’s not too low but often times people put too much stock in these A1C’s. It can potentially mask adverse issues going on w glucose metabolism and dysregulation

A. Fasting Insulin is significantly more telling / valuable.

B. A HOMO-IR score is superior to A

C. The Kraft-version w OGTT is the gold standard.

Has anyone seen the Extended release version of metformin? I've only ever been able to find the regular. Who makes the Extended version?

All Day Chemist and Reliable RX. 1000mg pills and can dose 500mg with a splitter.

1000mg before bed reduced fasting glucose from upper 90s to 71. I take 500mg now before bed.

I use the regular or extended release which ever is cheaper or easier to get, as they both do the same thing. The extended release seems to give less digestive problems for some people. as it takes weeks of use for it to build up to do it's job either can be equally effective in general.

All Day Chemist and Reliable RX. 1000mg pills and can dose 500mg with a splitter.

1000mg before bed reduced fasting glucose from upper 90s to 71. I take 500mg now before bed.
Not extended release tabs, doing so defeats the purpose. Unless I'm mistaken.

Not extended release tabs, doing so defeats the purpose. Unless I'm mistaken.

You are right I think but it's not as binary (ie "doesn't work at all/destroyed med") as the warnings. You end up with an uncoated smaller single surface area at the split which will accelerate processing. Same medication but will affect release but still much slower is my guess. Note that I'm not a diabetic and am using it to lower the effects of HGH I'm taking and maybe some longevity. The warnings are focused on people taking it for medical necessity.

I have yet to get bloods on the new dosage and I'm running some tren which also affects fasting glucose substantially for me which is why I'm taking 500 and not 1000 as that makes me go hypo with tren (albeit usually higher dose).

I might keep 500 even when I drop the Tren to get a clean reading and see. How much it lowers/matters.

You are right I think but it's not as binary (ie "doesn't work at all/destroyed med") as the warnings. You end up with an uncoated smaller single surface area at the split which will accelerate processing. Same medication but will affect release but still much slower is my guess. Note that I'm not a diabetic and am using it to lower the effects of HGH I'm taking and maybe some longevity. The warnings are focused on people taking it for medical necessity.

I have yet to get bloods on the new dosage and I'm running some tren which also affects fasting glucose substantially for me which is why I'm taking 500 and not 1000 as that makes me go hypo with tren (albeit usually higher dose).

I might keep 500 even when I drop the Tren to get a clean reading and see. How much it lowers/matters.
Ya this was my plan as well. Keep us updated how it goes. Mine is just 500mg before bed to control Glucose with HGH. 500mg is hard to find and I was instructed to use ER.

This is what I'm preparing for. What was your normal Glucose level before HGH and what does were you on when out hot the 90s?

This is what I'm preparing for. What was your normal Glucose level before HGH and what does were you on when out hot the 90s?

I was around low 90s and high 80s with nothing. Been that way forever. 4iu of hgh daily put me high 90s or top end.

1000mg took that to 71 (overkill) - still 4iu hgh - so moved to bottom end of range

Do you use it daily? What r the positive effects you have seen from it? Are u leaner? Easier fat loss?

Resurrecting this old thread - I have metformin ER. I need more than 500mg to get my bg down to where I want it. I see a lot of people do 500 am and 500pm. I workout in the am w humalog so i believe I would either be better off taking 1000mg metformin pm or take 500 around lunch then 500 around dinner??

Resurrecting this old thread - I have metformin ER. I need more than 500mg to get my bg down to where I want it. I see a lot of people do 500 am and 500pm. I workout in the am w humalog so i believe I would either be better off taking 1000mg metformin pm or take 500 around lunch then 500 around dinner??
yes, definitely, when it comes to the ER version, it is best to administer the entire dose at night and not divide it into AM/PM - of course, we are talking about healthy people who have increased glycemia due to higher doses of GH

yes, definitely, when it comes to the ER version, it is best to administer the entire dose at night and not divide it into AM/PM - of course, we are talking about healthy people who have increased glycemia due to higher doses of GH
Thanks @luki7788

i have been using long acting metformin for almost 2 years at night until my last meal - 500mg helps me keep my blood sugar at 70-80 at 15iu gh a day
Do you take the whole 15iu of GH in one injection, or space the injections out?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity