advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Metformin more beneficial with mega doses (3 grams)?

Surely that should be something you would check especially when taking much higher doses(?). That's the whole point of why people take/need this medication. What's the point of taking more if your FBG levels are already extremely low. Where are average people getting more benefits from using high doses? Nearly all the studies done on this are involving diabetics, obese people with underactive thyroid or other medical conditions that cause issues with blood glucose levels. Granted it can create some health benefits but I would be cautious with just using higher and higher doses just for the sake of it especially if your blood glucose levels are fine to begin with.
By average I meant average in size etc.

By using GH I'm not just a healthy person with regard to blood glucose.

I wouldn't even know the optimal blood sugar level anyway, or whether all the benefits that come from higher doses are necessarily always/exactly correlates with blood sugar anyways.

By average I meant average in size etc.

By using GH I'm not just a healthy person with regard to blood glucose.

I wouldn't even know the optimal blood sugar level anyway, or whether all the benefits that come from higher doses are necessarily always/exactly correlates with blood sugar anyways.
IMO optimal blood sugar would be in range according to blood work or a reading when fasted. Anything higher is getting close to diabetes and will also have negative affect on body composition. Not sure about slightly lower.

Agree with this less medicine is always better. I think he is implying that more will increase insulin sensitivity even more which could lead to a larger percentage of his calorie intake being put towards building lean tissue vs stored as fat?

I may be wrong but I was always under the impression that metformin/berberine are useful even for guys whose glucose is in range?

I know poor insulin sensitivity is bad but not sure if megadosiing it and being extremely sensitive to insulin would have benefits? I don't know enough about the science to determine def would like to hear yours and others thoughts.

Metformin is very useful and I use it myself. Yes as a bodybuilder having high insulin sensitivity is a great thing. I am all for using aids to ensure your body (metabolism, digestion, insulin sensitivity, muscle building etc) is operating effectively. If guys want to push high doses to achieve that then cool but this subject is a little different to me because in this case too much of a good thing can definitely be a bad thing especially in regards to bodybuilding. Whilst you want low fasted blood glucose you don't want it too low. Metformin itself won't make you go hypo but it can come with a host of side effects.

OP haven't you also had issues in the past with your kidneys due to megadosing? I can't completely recall but I remember you having some issues due to your hgh usage. Whilst 2-3g of metformin isn't anything ridiculous it's totally not needed imo. If anyone has kidney issues I certainly wouldn't recommend it. Impaired kidneys will result in a build up of metformin as that is where it's excreted and a large build up over time could lead to lactic acidosis. Personally I just don't see the need in using higher doses of metformin unless you are using it for anti-aging and cancer prevention and even then a standard dose is what I would recommend.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131