over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

metformin on non slin days

hilly2008

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Just woundering what peoples opinions are on using metformin to help with insulin sensitivity on days not using insulin.

Say 1 was to use slin 3 days per week on training days only. Would running metformin on non training days be a good idea to help with slin sensitivity. From what i have read when running metformin and taking slin it can make the slin hit harder and the spikes be unpredictable so it doesnt seem wise to take them together.

Any1 think this is a good approach to take?

Also from what i have read and researched if only using slin 3 days of the week then insulin sensitivityy decreasings isnt much of a worry especially if its only ran for say 6 weeks then 4-6 weeks off.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

hilly

Just woundering what peoples opinions are on using metformin to help with insulin sensitivity on days not using insulin.

Say 1 was to use slin 3 days per week on training days only. Would running metformin on non training days be a good idea to help with slin sensitivity. From what i have read when running metformin and taking slin it can make the slin hit harder and the spikes be unpredictable so it doesnt seem wise to take them together.

Any1 think this is a good approach to take?

Also from what i have read and researched if only using slin 3 days of the week then insulin sensitivityy decreasings isnt much of a worry especially if its only ran for say 6 weeks then 4-6 weeks off.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

hilly

It's a must.

Metformin is a great drug for many diets. It works great in a variation of diets, such as when loading after a long carb less dry spell on your 2nd day of loading a nice dose of glucophage will really help out. I've even heard of some guys using it to peak which makes sense to some extent but its an area of peaking I haven't fully explored but I have played with.

I just started Metformin this week and really like it so far. I have terrible insulin sensitivity.
One thing I noticed is no post-lunch crash anymore (boy is that welcomed!!!)

It does impact my appetite though...

Interesting. I haven't used Metformin for 10 years. Duchaine used to rave about it, and I noticed I actually was always more ripped and vascular when I used it.

Now that I'm actually using slin & GH (which I wasn't using back then), Metformin sounds useful in this protocol.

Dat wrote an article showing that metaformin can drastically lower IGF levels. Regaurdless if its natty igf or from gh,etc.. So I now only use metaformin when I dont have any gh or peptides in my system and I have a big cheat meal.

BUMP.

Does anyone have any more experience with this type of protocol?

I use gulcophage on my carb days ,
500mg after first meal that has 50g complex carbs 5:00am
have another meal with 50g carbs 7:30am
500mg after 3rd meal with 50g carms 10:30
have meal 4 at with 50g carbs 1:00
shake with zero carbs at 3:00
train at 4:30
500mg with post work out shake at 5:30 (50g protein , 75g WMS)
Meal 7 has 50g carbs via sweet potatos
Meal 8 casine pre bed.

Carbs make me fat easly so i only have a high carb day every 3-4 days and use glucophage on that day.

I did play with it some on days with no carbs and also with low dose insulin , if i took Humulin-R within 5-6hr of the glucophage it was irratic , even on days the diet was the exact same i would somtimes feel nothing others it seemd i took more insulin.
So i would recomend leaving at least 8hrs of so after taking the glucophage before taking slin

When I am cutting and only doing slin once per day, I take 1g of metformin in the morning around 6am so it goes through about 2 half lives before I take my slin at 8pm after training.

Bulking I do 500mg of metformin for every 200g of carbs on my off days, split evenly throughout the day. Training days I don't take any, but do 10-20iu slin after training and 5-10iu after 2 other meals.

Note- I only use humalog.

Necrias:

Do you find you are gaining weight? I ran insulin for a while and got some great gains from it but became resistant to it.

To me metformin seems like the cure.

I just wanna get big. ;0

Necrias:

Do you find you are gaining weight? I ran insulin for a while and got some great gains from it but became resistant to it.

To me metformin seems like the cure.

I just wanna get big. ;0

5-10iu is great for maintaining muscle while cutting, 20-30iu and I exploded. Start low, keep ramping till you get to your "max" dose (whatever that is for you), then when gains stop drop it for 2-4 weeks while running metformin, then start back up.

Wish Metformin would hinder my appettite since I am dieting. It has not help control my hunger.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
HughJass
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131