over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Metformin use

Killer.7

Registered
For any competitive guys here using insulin over a period of time...has anyone used metformin to combat any sort of potential insulin resistance?

I would like to hear any ones imput into the subject because I am debating running some metformin,. Thanks!

I am in the same boat, have used insulin in the past and wish to run it again with peptides and gh, been reading alot about the benefits of using supps to improve insulin sensitivity or at least maintain it for a period whilst im using insulin and elevating igf levels. I think mike arnold advised to take 500mg metformin with carb meals 3 x a day for 3 days out of the week, preferably non slin days to help maintain insulin sensitivity so that is what il be doing. U can also improve it with various foods, cinammon, apple cider vinegar etc and ala is also supposed to help. Also melanotan has been shown to improve insulin sensitivity. Every little helps!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

thanks for the response bro. I have been using apple cider vinegar...but what i have noticed is even after a long lay off from insulin..I used it recently and I dont even go slightly hypo. I don't know if it because I am nailing my timing and nutrition macros..or if its because I am less sensitive to it.

I remember before always going slightly hypo if I waiting to long for my post workout meal..

thanks again.

Could be worth getting your blood sugar levels checked, the monitors are dead easy to get hold of online, mine was free and its easy to do.

In the past i was finding the same, after a while i wouldnt notice insulin as much. But after a break insulin sensitivity is always high for me. Iv had a break from everything post comp and recently startd back training, i took 500mg metformin postworkout after my shakes and approx an hour later i was starting to get the hypo sweats as i prepped my meal. Im lookin forward to using insulin again shortly

Could be worth getting your blood sugar levels checked, the monitors are dead easy to get hold of online, mine was free and its easy to do.

In the past i was finding the same, after a while i wouldnt notice insulin as much. But after a break insulin sensitivity is always high for me. Iv had a break from everything post comp and recently startd back training, i took 500mg metformin postworkout after my shakes and approx an hour later i was starting to get the hypo sweats as i prepped my meal. Im lookin forward to using insulin again shortly

had blood work while I was off and blood sugar was in the normal range after 12 hour fast....

So lol...I dont know..perhaps I am just nailing the macros to insulin ratio. Any sides to using metformin?

Yes maybe your macros are just right then bud, if youve checked your blood sugar and its fine i wouldnt worry, although im no expert so i dont know if there is something else affecting your insulin response. Iv not heard of any negative sides to metformin.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity