over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Metformin users.

Less is more with Metformin IMO. If you are on a carb cycling diet for example (not diabetic) 250mg on a low carb day will do quite a bit.

Less is more with Metformin IMO. If you are on a carb cycling diet for example (not diabetic) 250mg on a low carb day will do quite a bit.

This is similar to my recommendations for euglycemia individuals. 250mg BID

take metformin can shouldn't empty stomach, that will cause some side effects like vomit or feel sick

not in everyone hot shot. I have always taken on empty stomach. Certain small % of people have an initial unfavorable gastro response.

Dosing empty stomach, with, or after a meal, no GI issues here.

I take 1,000mg ER w/ fasted cardio every morning. Zero issues.

Yah I'm on board metformin. It's not like it directly works on AMPK and it doesn't just shut down protein synthesis. I have no problem in selectively turing off cell processes in order for it to assess damage.

However, it is rather clear to me that PPAR is trump on metabolic regulation including the obvious triglycerides and insulin sensitivity. But it was interesting to see that PPAR actually potentiates some of metformins activity.

...very curious to see metformin and GW together. Cause I mean GW is just plain powerful, it can do some things too well (like differentiation and fusion), but it's interesting to note how metformin may actually balance some of that out with it's anti-tumor activities. Mostly interested in that study where metformin works with p53 and REDD1. p53 is like one super important point of research.

And for me right now you can go all out apoptosis and kill every weak cell that you can find. It's so easy to replace with all the proliferating agents that we have (and even crude stem cell tech). But the problems caused by damaged cells are the worst! We don't have to conserve them, I have plenty of food and stem cells.

so I'm getting on metformin train, SEARCH AND DISTROY!

Hey stewie have you got an opinion on Telmisartan?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2014 Apr;34(4):830-6. doi: 10.1161/ATVBAHA.113.301938. Epub 2014 Jan 30.
Metformin protects endothelial function in diet-induced obese mice by inhibition of endoplasmic reticulum stress through 5' adenosine monophosphate-activated protein kinase-peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor δ pathway.
Cheang WS1, Tian XY, Wong WT, Lau CW, Lee SS, Chen ZY, Yao X, Wang N, Huang
Abstract
OBJECTIVE:
5' Adenosine monophosphate-activated protein kinase (AMPK) interacts with peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor δ (PPARδ) to induce gene expression synergistically, whereas the activation of AMPK inhibits endoplasmic reticulum (ER) stress. Whether the vascular benefits of antidiabetic drug metformin (AMPK activator) in diabetes mellitus and obesity is mediated by PPARδ remains unknown. We aim to investigate whether PPARδ is crucial for metformin in ameliorating ER stress and endothelial dysfunction induced by high-fat diet.
APPROACH AND RESULTS:
Acetylcholine-induced endothelium-dependent relaxation in aortae was measured on wire myograph. ER stress markers were determined by Western blotting. Superoxide production in mouse aortae and NO generation in mouse aortic endothelial cells were assessed by fluorescence imaging. Endothelium-dependent relaxation was impaired and ER stress markers and superoxide level were elevated in aortae from high-fat diet-induced obese mice compared with lean mice. These effects of high-fat diet were reversed by oral treatment with metformin in diet-induced obese PPARδ wild-type mice but not in diet-induced obese PPARδ knockout littermates. Metformin and PPARδ agonist GW1516 reversed tunicamycin (ER stress inducer)-induced ER stress, oxidative stress, and impairment of endothelium-dependent relaxation in mouse aortae as well as NO production in mouse aortic endothelial cells. Effects of metformin were abolished by cotreatment of GSK0660 (PPARδ antagonist), whereas effects of GW1516 were unaffected by compound C (AMPK inhibitor).
CONCLUSIONS:
Metformin restores endothelial function through inhibiting ER stress and oxidative stress and increasing NO bioavailability on activation of AMPK/PPARδ pathway in obese diabetic mice.

Last edited:
You pick up metformin at walmart out of pocket? No prescription? How much do you pay?

Metformin requires a script if one is lazy and goes to walmart on there way home.

Hey stewie have you got an opinion on Telmisartan?

I really don't have much of an opinion on it, besides it's a good multi target drug.

I'm currently on an ACEi, lisinopril. I've contemplated for some time now about changing-up to Telisartan.

Last edited:
Started Met over a week ago at 500 with dinner, now at 1000mg total 500am/500pm before a meal. Going to stay here for the long term and see what happens. This was Dr recommended dose. As far seeing or feeling anything, just look bigger for some reason. Muscles are fuller. Not sure why but it's the only thing different in my intake.

I'm more concerned with longevity and health with it but if there is a bodybuilding benefit I will be happy.

Started Met over a week ago at 500 with dinner, now at 1000mg total 500am/500pm before a meal. Going to stay here for the long term and see what happens. This was Dr recommended dose. As far seeing or feeling anything, just look bigger for some reason. Muscles are fuller. Not sure why but it's the only thing different in my intake.

I'm more concerned with longevity and health with it but if there is a bodybuilding benefit I will be happy.

that is so inspiring

I really don't have much of an opinion on it, besides it's a good multi target drug.

I'm currently on an ACEi, lisinopril. I've contemplated for some time now about changing-up to Telisartan.

Cool!
I was referring about Telmisartan- cancer relation ( lung cancer)
What gives?
What's your opinion ?
I really like this multi purpose med but this relation about it and cancer scares me....

Brother its literally the best thing I have taken in years. longer I'm on it the easier it is to stay lean, bloods look like a fucking text book. Its amazing stuff.

Maybe im just not savy, but i still dont understand taking met? Ive got some but it made me dizzy as hell..... do u take it with carbs to avoid this? I mean i have friends who have di beetus, and crunch down a shit load and it hardly does anything for them.... so in laymans terms..... met, best time to take? And whith what to avoid dizzyness? With carbs? Without?

Met helps w insulin correct?

Im lost a bit in this whole thing.... was given met when my insulin levels came back pretty high, not sure y the levels where high?

Maybe im just not savy, but i still dont understand taking met? Ive got some but it made me dizzy as hell..... do u take it with carbs to avoid this? I mean i have friends who have di beetus, and crunch down a shit load and it hardly does anything for them.... so in laymans terms..... met, best time to take? And whith what to avoid dizzyness? With carbs? Without?

Met helps w insulin correct?

Im lost a bit in this whole thing.... was given met when my insulin levels came back pretty high, not sure y the levels where high?

If you take the time to search the board for Metformin threads(which is very easy), you'll find every answer to every question you asked.

Brother its literally the best thing I have taken in years. longer I'm on it the easier it is to stay lean, bloods look like a fucking text book. Its amazing stuff.

Thank you old friend, you were part of the reason I pursued this with my doc along with the longevity study. Your posts on it are super helpful.

As is clear from my other posts, I am a proponent of metformin. I think it is safe and benefits almost all people - especially bodybuilders eating a lot and using drugs that reduce insulin sensitivity (like GH). However, one lingering question remains for me...

We know the bulk of the life extension / anti-cancer benefits of Metformin come from its systematic reduction in IGF-1. Where you see lower IGF-1, you see lower rates of cancer and slower cancer progress in general. Calorie restriction and lowered IGF-1 are reoccurring themes in the "life extension" puzzle. When we introduce exo GH, it is converted in the liver (in varying rates depending on the person and also liver health) to IGF-1. The main benefits from GH come from a prolonged increase in circulated IGF-1 levels. If your IGF-1 levels are not up, you will not see the results from GH you are looking for. So if we are diminishing our IGF-1 conversion with metformin, are we losing a lot of the benefit of exo GH use? It would be a fair assumption to say that 1g of metformin use a day will reducing IGF-1 levels, but to what degree? Enough that it would render 4iu of exo GH a waste of money, or would the slight reduction in IGF-1 be negligible in athletes using GH? All of the studies showing IGF-1 reduction from Metformin are from normal, non-enhanced people NOT taking no AAS or GH. Im curious what the implications are for IGF-1 levels when co-administering exo GH, AAS and Metformin. My guess is you still come out ahead but that your IGF-1 may take a slight dip.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Correct!

Metformin is so confusing:banghead:

I used it and liked it. It really had me staying lean. I wanted to add it back in to supplement regimen especially with the new antiaging claims.

Then I see how it can impact endothelial function how could this be good for you although its good in studies for epithelial cells.

Then studies show endothelial function decrease with metformin use may only be specific to male users not female. :banghead:

So males taking metformin should take small doses of tadalifil and decent dose of l citrulline:confused:

And thank you Stewie for mentioning this. I'm sure everyone knows that metformin also depletes B12,right? So if not already doing, some supplemental B12 is in order as well.

Article on which form of B12, how much, which route, etc

Best to all,
Dr.Kim

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
locoslave