over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Metformin VS Metformin SR

buck

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Is there any pros or cons about the slow release variety verses the regular one?

Less stomach/gut problems with SR in my opinion.

Besides that, metformin builds in the liver over weeks and weeks of dosing, so SR or HCl wouldn't matter in that aspect.

Less stomach/gut problems with SR in my opinion.

Besides that, metformin builds in the liver over weeks and weeks of dosing, so SR or HCl wouldn't matter in that aspect.

Actual question is ...do you WANT it to be active for a long time?!

Isnt the point of metaformin to affect carb absorbtion? So yes, you want it to be active ad long as possible. Ive tended to dose it 2/day about 12hrs apart, using regular release.

Isnt the point of metaformin to affect carb absorbtion? So yes, you want it to be active ad long as possible. Ive tended to dose it 2/day about 12hrs apart, using regular release.

I am also interested in it"s anti-aging properties as well.

Well there's a reason why ppl don't use it besides cheat meals in the offseason.
Impact on muscle building / IGF-1 isn't yet cleared so as I said: one might not want it to be active for a long time but mb only for a meal or two ...talking offseason.

Taking around 4IU of HGH I was looking at Metformin to help with potential loss of Insulin sensitivity (even though I often do intermittent fasting).

Problem is that apparently Metformin would lower your level of free testosterone (by increase the Sex Something Something Globulin) and potentially lowering IGF1 level (This one I am not sure, have not read a scientific study about it)

I've decided to use Metformin HCL sporadically when I eat big / cheat meals.

Well there's a reason why ppl don't use it besides cheat meals in the offseason.
Impact on muscle building / IGF-1 isn't yet cleared so as I said: one might not want it to be active for a long time but mb only for a meal or two ...talking offseason.
I'm not sure you entirely understand how glucophage works. It takes weeks for metformin to take effect. Must build up in the liver.

I will always believe both from personal experience and simply observation that the whole "metformin may affect your gains" position is posed primarily by those selling some alternative that does not work nearly as well. Never seemed to be mentioned until then. Metformin is likely the single best thing a human being can do for their overall health and longevity for many reasons.

Taking around 4IU of HGH I was looking at Metformin to help with potential loss of Insulin sensitivity (even though I often do intermittent fasting).

Problem is that apparently Metformin would lower your level of free testosterone (by increase the Sex Something Something Globulin) and potentially lowering IGF1 level (This one I am not sure, have not read a scientific study about it)

I've decided to use Metformin HCL sporadically when I eat big / cheat meals.

Sex hormone binding globulin

Once again, the "I only take it when I cheat" doesn't work....so might as well stop wasting those tabs.

It takes awhile for it to build up in the liver.

IMO, If you're going to take a GDA pre-cheat, mess with Berberine.

What sort of dosage are we talking about?

I'm not sure you entirely understand how glucophage works. It takes weeks for metformin to take effect. Must build up in the liver.

Actually, not only. Latest research shows that Metformin increases a certain probiotic (Akkermansia Muciniphilia?), which actually influences better insulin sensitivity! And it looks like regular Metformin works better then long release version. Search for Metformin and Akkermansia ;-)

I been taking 4iu Grey tops a day for over a year, im thinking of tapering down and stopping over the summer. Would it be a waste to start Metaformin now? If not how much should i take? I never really looked into it

I been taking 4iu Grey tops a day for over a year, im thinking of tapering down and stopping over the summer. Would it be a waste to start Metaformin now? If not how much should i take? I never really looked into it

Considering GH raises blood glucose levels, starting metformin now would be a good idea for you. Not a waste at all! Take 1000mg a day split into 2 doses to start, to accustom your body (will experience stomach/intestinal discomfort). Eventually you can up to it 1500, split into three doses. This is more than enough to get your insulin sensitivity in check. Just make sure you stick to your schedule, and continually take it. As previously stated it will takes several weeks for the metformin to accumulate in the liver. If you don't know where to get metformin, go to alldaychemist.com. Very cheap!

Link doesn't work for me so I don't know what you're talking about ...I just hope you don't recommend UGL crap if it comes to Metformin which is fn cheap anyways right from a pharmacy all over the world.

EDIT:

Now it did work. Stuff's from Thailand, India or whatever ...man :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Have taken 1000-1500mg a day while gaining and it hasn't effected anything. If anything I feel better while taking it and do believe it has helped keep me more insulin sensative/leaner during my gaining phases.

I don't believe the whole affecting the androgen receptor and blah blah blah. Not when supplementing with super physiological doses of test and other anabolics.

Link doesn't work for me so I don't know what you're talking about ...I just hope you don't recommend UGL crap if it comes to Metformin which is fn cheap anyways right from a pharmacy all over the world.

EDIT:

Now it did work. Stuff's from Thailand, India or whatever ...man :rolleyes:

Yes......so? It's a well known and highly used site.

there is a lot of fuckery in this thread. Explained in painful details in quite a few other threads here.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131