over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Metformin VS Metformin SR

Have taken 1000-1500mg a day while gaining and it hasn't effected anything. If anything I feel better while taking it and do believe it has helped keep me more insulin sensative/leaner during my gaining phases.

I don't believe the whole affecting the androgen receptor and blah blah blah. Not when supplementing with super physiological doses of test and other anabolics.

Same. Not to mention my VAP and lipid panel improved when I added metformin.

Yes......so? It's a well known and highly used site.
Might be true but what does it mean?
Remember the scandals about all the UGL Cabergoline products here?
Same shit every day regarding all those miscellaneous drugs...

My point is that it's so cheap that ppl might just get it from a pharmacy.

how big of a difference is it making. I have been hearing a lot about it lately.

Can you guys tell me is it making you noticeably leaner all things being equal?

Is it affecting your work outs negatively? I know it is supposed to cause some lactic acid build up

What is the minimum amount of carbs you need to be on? lets say you are on a low carb competition diet, should you still take it daily?

how big of a difference is it making. I have been hearing a lot about it lately.

Can you guys tell me is it making you noticeably leaner all things being equal?

Is it affecting your work outs negatively? I know it is supposed to cause some lactic acid build up

What is the minimum amount of carbs you need to be on? lets say you are on a low carb competition diet, should you still take it daily?

I take a low amount everyday when cutting 250mg split am/pm. I eat almost zero carbs when cutting and use it to help inhibit gluconeogenesis...seems to lean me out faster. Have noticed zero negative effects.

IMO, the only thing you really need to think about is the fact it lowers Vitamin B12. In my case, I have genetically high B12 so metformin actually helps put my B12 back down to the normal range, but I realize this won't be the case with everyone else. The lactic acidosis is a rare side effect. To me, the pros outweigh the cons by a mile.

there is a lot of fuckery in this thread. Explained in painful details in quite a few other threads here.

interpretation:

http://www.professionalmuscle.com/forums/articles-forum/1193-glucophage-metformin-info.html

http://www.professionalmuscle.com/f...-experienced-users-metformin-berberine-2.html

Points to remember:
-blocks some carbs in stomach if taken before meals.
-inhibits liver from making glucose.
-This results in less insulin day in day out and that will increase your sensitivity to it.

"your pancreas releases less insulin compared to you not taking it. IMO its stronger then everything else and I think stays in system longer.
I could be missing something here but when i run slin, I am off Metformin and don't take any type of GDA. To me it would seem to complicate how I have discovered how to use insulin and not get freaking fat."

"Talking to diabetics maybe not the best info unless they are bodybuilders too and eating clean. The ones I know are eating carbs and chasing their blood sugar all day with insulin. Also if you produce zero insulin then again that is a different boat then what we are doing. IF you are diabetic and eating carbs yea I would assume you are taking met at the same time to inhibit some digestion and then of course they will have to manually adjust glucose levels after the meal. Without met they would be using more insulin to do that I would assume so how would that apply to us?"

"Metformin reduces blood glucose levels primarily by suppressing glucose formation in the liver (hepatic gluconeogenesis).59"

"More importantly, it activates an enzyme called AMPK (amp-activated protein kinase) that plays an important role in insulin signaling, systemic energy balance, and the metabolism of glucose and fats.60"

Metformin Makes Headline News - Life Extension

The Drug Virtually Everyone Should Ask their Doctor About - Life Extension

As for those taking metformin and experiencing runny bowel movements or other GI upsets i have found eating a banana or oatmeal early in the day, again near dinner solved that. Just one or the other did it for me.

Remember reading Stewie's notes that you should supplement b12 and CoQ10 to offset negative side effect of metformin depleting them. CoQ10 is best taken with fats (maybe same time you're taking exemestane)

A Practical Guide to Avoiding Drug-Induced Nutrient Depletion | Nutrition Review

Post not intended to troll or embarrass op nor diagnose health issues.

Attachments

• Lex black lion adobe copy.jpg
    Lex black lion adobe copy.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 438
I'm not sure you entirely understand how glucophage works. It takes weeks for metformin to take effect. Must build up in the liver.

Sooo what about the satiating feeling this stuff brings, that's really the only reason why I want to try this out is because people always say how well this stuff works during a diet since it makes you never feel hungry, does this action take place right away or does it also take a few weeks to build up ? Also what are some of the biggest negatives you would say from your personal experience about taking the stuff?

I have been taking it for awhile. Never had any stomach issues, and it doesn't affect my appetite at all.

I take it because my Dad and Mom are diabetic and I'm use it and eating clean to be proactive about my health.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

I have been taking it for awhile. Never had any stomach issues, and it doesn't affect my appetite at all.

I take it because my Dad and Mom are diabetic and I'm use it and eating clean to be proactive about my health.

Agreed! Too many people are worried about what metformin does from a bodybuilding standpoint when they should be thinking of the drug in terms of health and longevity. Seriously who cares if you need to eat an extra 30 grams of carbs when it could increase your lifespan

Sooo what about the satiating feeling this stuff brings, that's really the only reason why I want to try this out is because people always say how well this stuff works during a diet since it makes you never feel hungry, does this action take place right away or does it also take a few weeks to build up ? Also what are some of the biggest negatives you would say from your personal experience about taking the stuff?

i still have urges to snack on chips late night so metformin doesn't completely kill my appetite. i just don't have high blood glucose surging through my body. (excess glucose binds to your different body proteins and other molecules. it will change their structure and create sort of a physiological chaos. their accumulation leads to accelerated aging. you can lose sensation in your ding ding making sex unpleasurable and it can dampen your libido. numbness in or loss of toes, feet, kidney shutdown and eventual death are part of your future if you don't move enough and watch what you eat.)

essentially the story on metformin including past threads and what the negatives of using are posted above. scroll up and read. happy lifting.

Post not intended to diagnose or treat health issues.

^^you have to have a script top buy it but it's relatively easy to find....most diabetics have bottles of the stuff just sitting around.

I recently did an experiment with met and insulin sensitivity....I went 2 weeks with almost no carbs and took 250mg metformin with breakfast and 250mg before bed.

After 2 weeks pre-workout I injected 5iu of humalog with cream of rice and had an intra shake with roughly 100 carbs....I still went hypo on the second peak. When the insulin was no longer active I added up the carbs it took to clear the insulin.

250 carbs total...at 5 iu thats 50 carbs per iu. Amazing insulin sensitivity from met...and the pump was the same as when I used to do 15iu. So my conclusion was that met is awesome for allowing you to get away with using just a tiny bit of slin and still getting the massive pump and nuitrient partitioning.

The satiating feelings is right away, and lasts for a few weeks with each tab you take. Not too sure why honestly, haven't looked into it. Goes away after prolonged use though.

I just started up on it again last week, and it's been destroying my appetite and insides! Should of never stopped taking it in the first place.

I just started up on it again last week, and it's been destroying my appetite and insides! Should of never stopped taking it in the first place.

About how your libido and sex performance , hows that??? I don't want to disappoint the mrs.

interpretation:

http://www.professionalmuscle.com/forums/articles-forum/1193-glucophage-metformin-info.html

http://www.professionalmuscle.com/f...-experienced-users-metformin-berberine-2.html

Points to remember:
-blocks some carbs in stomach if taken before meals.
-inhibits liver from making glucose.
-This results in less insulin day in day out and that will increase your sensitivity to it.

"your pancreas releases less insulin compared to you not taking it. IMO its stronger then everything else and I think stays in system longer.
I could be missing something here but when i run slin, I am off Metformin and don't take any type of GDA. To me it would seem to complicate how I have discovered how to use insulin and not get freaking fat."

"Talking to diabetics maybe not the best info unless they are bodybuilders too and eating clean. The ones I know are eating carbs and chasing their blood sugar all day with insulin. Also if you produce zero insulin then again that is a different boat then what we are doing. IF you are diabetic and eating carbs yea I would assume you are taking met at the same time to inhibit some digestion and then of course they will have to manually adjust glucose levels after the meal. Without met they would be using more insulin to do that I would assume so how would that apply to us?"

"Metformin reduces blood glucose levels primarily by suppressing glucose formation in the liver (hepatic gluconeogenesis).59"

"More importantly, it activates an enzyme called AMPK (amp-activated protein kinase) that plays an important role in insulin signaling, systemic energy balance, and the metabolism of glucose and fats.60"

Metformin Makes Headline News - Life Extension

The Drug Virtually Everyone Should Ask their Doctor About - Life Extension

As for those taking metformin and experiencing runny bowel movements or other GI upsets i have found eating a banana or oatmeal early in the day, again near dinner solved that. Just one or the other did it for me.

Remember reading Stewie's notes that you should supplement b12 and CoQ10 to offset negative side effect of metformin depleting them. CoQ10 is best taken with fats (maybe same time you're taking exemestane)

A Practical Guide to Avoiding Drug-Induced Nutrient Depletion | Nutrition Review

Post not intended to troll or embarrass op nor diagnose health issues.
Wow, you put a lot of effort into this post. Even made a picture to go with it?!?!

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws