over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Metformin with MK-677

Gunsmith

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
So I take my final dose of Metformin with my last meal and was wondering if the metformin might give the MK some issues with being fully absorbed.

Id be taking the MK at bed time probably 2hrs after the Metformin

Just trying to get everything iron out before I start my off season growing phase.

You are fine brother. Just stick to the plan. You know what you’re doing.

Better off using actual insulin if needed or other items.

Metoformin has links to

Elevated homocyestine levels leading to cardiovascular disease.
RESULTS Metformin-treated patients had depressed Cbl levels and elevated fasting MMA and Hcy levels. Clinical and electrophysiological measures identified more severe peripheral neuropathy in these patients; the cumulative metformin dose correlated strongly with these clinical and paraclinical group differences.”
https://care.diabetesjournals.org/content/33/1/156
Depleting b12 levels

Alzheimer’s
“Metformin Facilitates Amyloid-β Generation by β- and γ-Secretases via Autophagy Activation.
Additional experiments indicated that metformin increased phosphorylation of AMP-activated protein kinase, which activates autophagy by suppressing mammalian target of rapamycin (mTOR). The suppression of mTOR then induces the abnormal accumulation of autophagosomes. We conclude that metformin, an anti-diabetes drug, may exacerbate AD pathogenesis by promoting amyloidogenic AβPP processing in autophagosomes.”

Blunts muscle growth due to inhibiting motor

Metformin blunts muscle hypertrophy in response to progressive resistance exercise training in older adults: A randomized, double‐blind, placebo‐controlled, multicenter trial: The MASTERS trial

Mitochondria dysfunction and metabolic disease

Metoformin has links to

RESULTS Metformin-treated patients had depressed Cbl levels and elevated fasting MMA and Hcy levels. Clinical and electrophysiological measures identified more severe peripheral neuropathy in these patients; the cumulative metformin dose correlated strongly with these clinical and paraclinical group differences.”
Depleting b12 levels

Alzheimer’s
“Metformin Facilitates Amyloid-β Generation by β- and γ-Secretases via Autophagy Activation.
Additional experiments indicated that metformin increased phosphorylation of AMP-activated protein kinase, which activates autophagy by suppressing mammalian target of rapamycin (mTOR). The suppression of mTOR then induces the abnormal accumulation of autophagosomes. We conclude that metformin, an anti-diabetes drug, may exacerbate AD pathogenesis by promoting amyloidogenic AβPP processing in autophagosomes.”

Metformin blunts muscle hypertrophy in response to progressive resistance exercise training in older adults: A randomized, double‐blind, placebo‐controlled, multicenter trial: The MASTERS trial

Dude! There’s so many health benefits using Metformin.

For every study with "scientific evidence" that is out there on the effects and side effects of different drugs there are just as many that say the exact opposite.

I'm not interested in lab results that were obtained with test done on average people , not athletes and funded by someone/thing that has a financial interest.
I'm interested in real world results from people in the same "situation" I am that have used the drugs and have factual experience

My biggest concern is MK before bed rather, I know everyone thinks its titties but messing with ghrelin/leptin levels long term and before bed have its consequences. There's been plenty of "authors" who have written on this and my own use of MK (roughly 18 months worth) shows that too.

My biggest concern is MK before bed rather, I know everyone thinks its titties but messing with ghrelin/leptin levels long term and before bed have its consequences. There's been plenty of "authors" who have written on this and my own use of MK (roughly 18 months worth) shows that too.
Can you elaborate or direct me to some links??
Main reason for using it at night is it definitely makes me tired and taking it late helps not be any lazier the next day that I already am (government work sucks)
But I'm willing to take a little extra Caffine if taking it at a different time would yield better results.
This "off season" I'm gonna try to grow and stay leaner rather that just run TRT with a little extra and a little HGH.
Was thinking 2iu HGH upon waking , 1 later eat , 2iu 30min before training , Humalog during and directly after training then 250mg Metformin with dinner and MK 2hr later at bed.
I've tried MK at 12.5mg in the past and had no impact on my fasted blood glucose or A1C but I use a low carb diet. This go around with additional HGH and more carbs I want to make sure insulin sensitivity stays up

Can you elaborate or direct me to some links??
Main reason for using it at night is it definitely makes me tired and taking it late helps not be any lazier the next day that I already am (government work sucks)
But I'm willing to take a little extra Caffine if taking it at a different time would yield better results.
This "off season" I'm gonna try to grow and stay leaner rather that just run TRT with a little extra and a little HGH.
Was thinking 2iu HGH upon waking , 1 later eat , 2iu 30min before training , Humalog during and directly after training then 250mg Metformin with dinner and MK 2hr later at bed.
I've tried MK at 12.5mg in the past and had no impact on my fasted blood glucose or A1C but I use a low carb diet. This go around with additional HGH and more carbs I want to make sure insulin sensitivity stays up

The tl;dr is that before bed dosing can lower quality of sleep by impairing the different sleep cycles, ghrelin and leptin which are the mechanism of MK, play roles in circadian rhythm. More low quality rest, less high quality rem. The best article I can quickly access is sadly a reddit write up, but i'd be glad to provide some academic sources to highlight the sleep cycle.

"Ghrelin an agonist of the ghrelin receptor. Ghrelin is an orexigenic neuropeptide that inhibits normal cycling between sleep stages, via its tonic and phasic action on the arcuate nucleus of the hypothalamus. Ghrelin release normally follows the circadian rhythm (tonic control), so your body has the lowest amounts before falling asleep, then ghrelin increases steadily before waking up to inhibit sleep. Ghrelin also increases before meal time (phasic control). Basically, if you gave anyone ghrelin, you expect them to be hungry and less able to switch to Slow Wave Sleep, the component of sleep that's important for cognition and memory. "

The adult life cycle though isnt linear and at some point mk becomes beneficial on sleep patterns for older aduts

" In older adults, treatment with MK-677 was associated with a nearly 50% increase in REM sleep (p < 0.05) and a decrease in REM latency (p < 0.02). The frequency of deviations from normal sleep also decreased (p < 0.02) "

The sleep cycle also isnt linear and there are some individuals who may benefit or not be harmed, but if we take a look at the anecdotes you'll see many guys complain of lethargy. You could argue the change in vasopressin also plays a role, this would mean most would see some lethargy no matter when they dosed it.

I think we circle jerk too much in PED forums, i'm only stating this because after millions of reviews saying MK is the tits, I found otherwise. While individual response plays a large role I think people just want to believe a cheaper alternative is highly useful.

Inb4 someone who sells MK wants to tell me im wrong

Cites article with individuals whom are afflicted with over abundant senescent cells, more precisely β-cell senescence cells in attempts to readily extrapolate to nondiabetic individuals. As well, old outdated erroneous citation on mitochondrial functionality via metformin.

@Gunsmith my takeaway is if you want to use it and you do notice said lethargy over time, 5on2off in the morning for a low dose in theory would be how I'd use it

Why are you using MK-677? For the increase in appetite?

Why are you using MK-677? For the increase in appetite?
Appatite and improved sleep (I have terrible sleep) the few times I have run it I did see some strength increase even when dieting but that's like from the water retention but the couple times I ran blood test my IGF-1 levels were more than double my normal levels so I'm guessing that has so have some benefits.

Appatite and improved sleep (I have terrible sleep) the few times I have run it I did see some strength increase even when dieting but that's like from the water retention but the couple times I ran blood test my IGF-1 levels were more than double my normal levels so I'm guessing that has so have some benefits.
You try getting trazodone from the doctor for sleep?

You try getting trazodone from the doctor for sleep?
Yeah I tried it , it didn't get along well with my Paxil (anxiety,PTSD).
75mg Benadryl and 15mg Melatonin work pretty well but leaving me feeling kinda hung over the next day. The biggest issue is that I'm so damn busy I'm lucky to get in bed by 10:30 then I'm back up at 4:30. Obviously this is was way off course especially for a 40+yr old but I stay busy as a one leg man in a cat kicking contest. So I try to get as much quality sleep as I can in the limited time time. CBD+THC worked pretty well but I'm subject to drug test so the THC is a no go.

Metoformin has links to

Depleting b12 levels

Alzheimer’s

I have been using Metformin for two years without a break. My homocysteine is low. My dose is 500-1000mg/day.

I have been using Metformin for two years without a break. My homocysteine is low. My dose is 500-1000mg/day.
He's just regurgitating stuff that's plastered all-over the web and has been discussed endlessly here.

Yeah I tried it , it didn't get along well with my Paxil (anxiety,PTSD).
75mg Benadryl and 15mg Melatonin work pretty well but leaving me feeling kinda hung over the next day. The biggest issue is that I'm so damn busy I'm lucky to get in bed by 10:30 then I'm back up at 4:30. Obviously this is was way off course especially for a 40+yr old but I stay busy as a one leg man in a cat kicking contest. So I try to get as much quality sleep as I can in the limited time time. CBD+THC worked pretty well but I'm subject to drug test so the THC is a no go.
I don't sleep well anymore, especially when I run gear. I'm getting to old lol

He's just regurgitating stuff that's plastered all-over the web and has been discussed endlessly here.
Really. Because where are those studies plastered all over the web lol.

Post valid concerns/studies that get met by pitry dish studies and over half the studies ignored with a You're wrong attitude with it. Well don't see anything proving my post are wrong.

Great follow up post. No value at all of course.

Wonder how much time both of you spend trying to refute people who post data that goes agasint your own agenda. Hey but look at this pitry dish study. And ignore 90 percent of the rest of your post and say you're wrong pal.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws