over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Metformin

Use the ER/XR version.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Ive been on XR for a year now. I still can't shit solid unless I take 2-3 tbsp of psyllium a day.

Anyone else never get over the stomach issues?

https://peterattiamd.com/nirbarzilai/

i enjoyed this podcast on the subject, i will take metformin for life , no question, i feel the same way about Deprenyl (another subject obviously)

I have been a proponent for many years from the time Life Extension Foundation first pointed out the benefits. One thing is for certain, and i am not knocking anyone trust me i was there for most of my life. But as long as your primary goal in life is bodybuilding and being huge regardless of cost. You will simply not be making good life decisions. We all come to this realization at some point (the ones that live anyway). And when it comes you will know it, you will be ready to see it for what it always was. And again please i mean no disrespect i spent 30 years in bodybuilding for i came to terms with just how borderline insane it all was. We all have our own path

Hey, clear your pm's :)

I have taken Metformin here and there and with my last run of it it has cause some serious stomach issues that have now persisted for the last couple of months. My stomach is distended and have been waiting on my apt with gastroenterologist. Never taking it again.

Guys just my humble opinion as I have had many a client on Met. If you have stomach issues that last more than a 2-3 week max period it just ain't for you. Try Berberine instead and be picky about your source. I was working with a pretty high level sup guy on a project and he tested a large number of suppliers looking for a source for the large brand he worked for, according to him 85% of the samples tested complete dogshit.

I'm going to stick to bereberine. Metformin gives me stomach issues and reducing the effects of exercise are not something I want to counterbalance regardless of LVH. Just my 2 cents.

Sent from my S2 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
For those of you who are concerned with quality of supplement companies, I would def encourage you to get a membership on consumerlab.com. That way you know what is good and what isn't. Amazing site for anyone who purchases supplements.

Berberine is actually helping reverse the issue that metformin has caused to my stomach. Still seeing a gastroenterologist on October 31.

I hadn't heard about brands of berberine being bad, but I bought some off amazon last month and it had no effect on my blood sugar...makes sense now. The bottle I recently purchase worked well. I have to keep the dose low or it makes me MK tired. I'll have to check that website out.

I'm going to stick to bereberine. Metformin gives me stomach issues and reducing the effects of exercise are not something I want to counterbalance regardless of LVH. Just my 2 cents.

Can someone elaborate on EXACTLY how Metformin reduces the effects of exercise? Is it reducing the effects in terms of muscle gain or is it reducing the actually benefits of health when it comes to exercise and if so, how?

I’ve heard the theory in terms of muscle gain and igf but have seen several guys post how their igf baseline hasn’t even budged on 2g of metformin daily and the muscle gain “hinderance” is probably less than 1%, which even if it was 10% it shouldn’t bother any of us.. None of us are fighting for top 5 at the Olympia or even close, absolutely zero people on this forum are... And I see quite a few pros on this board praising its use and effects who are way bigger than 99% of this board will ever be so that says something as well...

Can someone elaborate on EXACTLY how Metformin reduces the effects of exercise? Is it reducing the effects in terms of muscle gain or is it reducing the actually benefits of health when it comes to exercise and if so, how?

I’ve heard the theory in terms of muscle gain and igf but have seen several guys post how their igf baseline hasn’t even budged on 2g of metformin daily and the muscle gain “hinderance” is probably less than 1%, which even if it was 10% it shouldn’t bother any of us.. None of us are fighting for top 5 at the Olympia or even close, absolutely zero people on this forum are... And I see quite a few pros on this board praising its use and effects who are way bigger than 99% of this board will ever be so that says something as well...

This will be one of the more concise, accurate and simplified answer to your question.

https://peterattiamd.com/metformin-and-exercise/

This will be one of the more concise, accurate and simplified answer to your question.

https://peterattiamd.com/metformin-and-exercise/

Thank you, was pretty much what I was looking for lol...

That’s pretty crazy though, so basically if someone like myself who wants to use metformin for health benefits and to improve insulin sensitivity and keep insulin sensitivity on a GH run in the future (only plan on doing 3-4iu per day) id be better off doing the cardio I’m doing now, running about 30-40 minutes 3-4x a week, on it’s own with eating clean about 80/20 (I give myself a little room to fuck off but I don’t eat junk a lot) than I would be combining some metformin in there?

It did say the dose used was 2g per day and I was only planning on around 500mg per day in the evening, wish they had studies on less doses..

Dave Palumbo put out a video today with his comprehensive thoughts on metformin for bodybuilders, the new study that started this thread, blood sugar control, etc. - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQE4GFA9GuI

Just watched it..

So according to the video and a couple things I’ve read up on today it looks like metformin is great for anti aging, anti cancer and longevity, I wouldn’t say it hinders muscle gain to any extreme degree BUT for insulin sensitivity issues apparently it’s not so great? I’m not sure if I’m understanding correctly but he did use bodybuilders and GH as an example and said it doesn’t really restore insulin sensitivity just kind of “masks” things by blocking the liver from excreting more glucose into the bloodstream, but wouldn’t that in turn increase insulin sensitivity? And a few things I’ve read show it actually hinders VO2 output and VO2 max..

Anyway, looks like it may not actually be super beneficial for what I want to use it for at least, I do a good amount of cardio (REAL cardio) and I eat pretty good anyway so that alone may benefit me more while running low dose GH than adding metformin with those things...

Didnt read the article but i know that metformin creates new mitochondria. It up regulates pgc1a . It does however deplete some vitamins but be sure to supplement for this.

Didnt read the article but i know that metformin creates new mitochondria. It up regulates pgc1a . It does however deplete some vitamins but be sure to supplement for this.

I didn't know that Met creates new mitochandria

Has anyone determined the actual doses used in the first study? I've combed through it ten times and still can't figure it out.

Quoting:
"During the first week of the trial, rhGH alone (0.015 mg/kg) was administered to obtain an initial insulin response, and during the second week, rhGH was combined with 50 mg DHEA to evaluate insulin suppression by DHEA alone. During the third week, the same doses of rhGH and DHEA were combined with 500 mg metformin. Beginning at the fourth week, all doses were individualized based on each volunteer's particular responses. "

So all the doses were adjusted, but to what? It never says. How much of each were each participant taking? The rhGH is particularly confusing. .015mg/kg equates to about 3.6iu for an average adult male (not bodybuilder), which is a LOT for a longevity study. Or are they talking per week, not per day? Later they state hgh was administered 3-4 per week, so maybe they're talking 3.6iu 3-4 times per week???

Also curious what they ended up with for the metformin. they start off at 500mg (per day??), but is that where they end up? Generally considered minimal effective does of metformin is 1500mg per day. What did it take to get glucose levels to stay consistent with the hgh administration?

My A1C was usually between 5-5.4 when taking Metformin and/or Berberine

I have been off Metformin and/or Berberine for four months now, and I just got a 4.8 A1C, an improvement. It's like I'm finally getting the health/glucose benefits of weight lifting and cardio that Metformin was preventing me from having.

Has anyone determined the actual doses used in the first study? I've combed through it ten times and still can't figure it out.

Quoting:
"During the first week of the trial, rhGH alone (0.015 mg/kg) was administered to obtain an initial insulin response, and during the second week, rhGH was combined with 50 mg DHEA to evaluate insulin suppression by DHEA alone. During the third week, the same doses of rhGH and DHEA were combined with 500 mg metformin. Beginning at the fourth week, all doses were individualized based on each volunteer's particular responses. "

So all the doses were adjusted, but to what? It never says. How much of each were each participant taking? The rhGH is particularly confusing. .015mg/kg equates to about 3.6iu for an average adult male (not bodybuilder), which is a LOT for a longevity study. Or are they talking per week, not per day? Later they state hgh was administered 3-4 per week, so maybe they're talking 3.6iu 3-4 times per week???

Also curious what they ended up with for the metformin. they start off at 500mg (per day??), but is that where they end up? Generally considered minimal effective does of metformin is 1500mg per day. What did it take to get glucose levels to stay consistent with the hgh administration?

Well the HGH dose used was 0.015mg/kg body weight. Let's assume you weigh 93kg (205lbs). 0.015 x 93 = 1.425

So 1.425 x 3 (because you multiply mg by 3 to get iu's) = 4.275iu

That's how I did the math at least

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner