advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

MetHylphenidate- AKA Ritalin Side effects?

nyterdr

Newbies
DOES ANYONE KNOW OF ANY CONNECTION BETWEEN RITALIN AND JUICING. HAS ANYONE EVER HAD ANY ISSUES. MY DOC THOUGHT I WAS HAVING A HEART ATTACK WEEK BEFORE XMAS. HE KNEW I WAS JUICING AND SAID YOU NEED TO STOP AND WANTED ME TO GO TO EMERGENCY ROOM. TURNS OUT IT WAS NOT HEART ISSUES BUT A BIT OF DEPRESSION AND STRESS. LOST A CUSTOM BUILT HOME DURING ECONOMY CRASH SIX MONTHS AGO AND LOST 6 COLLIGUES IN THE PAST TWO MONTHS. ER DOC OF COURSE SAID SAME THING GET OFF JUICE IT'S HAVING EFFECT ON MEDS. PERSONALLY I THINK IT'S MEDS HAVING EFFECT ON JUICE. IT TOOK ME SO LONG TO GET MY WIFE ABOARD- NOW OF COURSE SINCE SHE THOUGHT I WAS GOING TO DIE SHE IS FLAT OUT AGAINST MY USING. I STOP TAKING METHYLENIDATE AND NO ISSUES, HOWEVER HAVE NOT PINNED IN THREE WEEKS. ANY EXPERIENCES OUT THERE ON THIS. I AM SURE THE DOC WILL PRESCRIBE A DIFFERENT FORM OF RITALIN. I MAY NOT TAKE IT. JUST SO I CAN JUICE AND STAY STRONG. I KNOW THIS POST MAY BE EASY PRAY TO CRACK ON BUT I AM TRYING TO GET SUGGESTIONS AND NOT BEAT UP ON. I WAS HIT ON MY MOTORCYCLE AND GOT SHORT TERM MEMORY LOSS- I USE THE RITALIN FOR MEMORY ISSUES. NOTHING ELSE.

Ritalin is a stimulant. I have used/abused it before for those reasons. The stimulant we be the first thing I would suspect!

DLStryker

I'm shaking my head at your doctor not being able to connect at least some (possibly essential) dots:
  • both testosterone and methylphenidate increase dopamine levels
  • dopamine is sort of the counter-neurotransmitters to serotonin
  • serotonin = relaxing, soothing
  • dopamine = energy, get's you going

Now dopamine in it's turn, at least in situations of dopamine overload, turns on the classical fight or flight response, which in it's own turn works reinforcing exacerbating everything once more

What could be at work with you (and it is my belief that this IS your problem) is that you're simply in a state of dopamine overload and thereby constantly releasing too many stress-related chemicals (noradrenaline, cortisol, ...)

Your perceived heart attack was a plain panic attack caused by above.

Now your options are evident: you personally can't handle both methylphenidate with steroids (I'm assuming test) so either they are going to have to put you on some sort of tranquilizer OR something that elevates serotonin levels. This would prob not be what I would do but ok. Or, you get off one of both.

Obviously things like caffeine and ephedrine you should steer clear of as well.

Probably best that you take this info to your doctor (without the me bashing her part)

I have the same reaction to stimulants

If I take any stimulant including ritalin, addarol, provigal, effedra etc.. other than caffeine I get anxiety issues. I'm ok for the 1st few day/week but it always makes me anxious and depressed. I have tried everything for improving memory and haven't found anything that works yet.

Stimulants increase anxiety in each and every one of us, it's just that some are able to cope with it better and ofcourse some have more baseline anxiety to begin with so they'll be pushed over the edge faster.

To the OP: two further things: 1) I've just looked this up and estrogen (or excess estrogen) also increases anxiety so it might also be worth looking into that

2) you really need to see a neuropsychiatrist instead of your GP for this issue

Btw, are you on ritalin for AD(H)D or?

good response

I'm shaking my head at your doctor not being able to connect at least some (possibly essential) dots:
  • both testosterone and methylphenidate increase dopamine levels
  • dopamine is sort of the counter-neurotransmitters to serotonin
  • serotonin = relaxing, soothing
  • dopamine = energy, get's you going

Now dopamine in it's turn, at least in situations of dopamine overload, turns on the classical fight or flight response, which in it's own turn works reinforcing exacerbating everything once more

What could be at work with you (and it is my belief that this IS your problem) is that you're simply in a state of dopamine overload and thereby constantly releasing too many stress-related chemicals (noradrenaline, cortisol, ...)

Your perceived heart attack was a plain panic attack caused by above.

Now your options are evident: you personally can't handle both methylphenidate with steroids (I'm assuming test) so either they are going to have to put you on some sort of tranquilizer OR something that elevates serotonin levels. This would prob not be what I would do but ok. Or, you get off one of both.

Obviously things like caffeine and ephedrine you should steer clear of as well.

Probably best that you take this info to your doctor (without the me bashing her part)

I agree and great response. I have been to the emergency room 4 times over the last 2 years thinking I was having a heart attack and every time, ekg, blood work etc. was very good each time. Panic/stress/anxiety was the prognosis each time. I got atavan and or clonopin. I struggle with anxiety and have been on anti depressents in the past but dont like the sides. I do like dopamine drugs like selegeline etc but the combo of aas, dopamine, coffee etc was putting me into the fight or flight mode and it sucks. I have never tried a beta blocker but i think these would help. I did back off on the MAOI and am just on TRT and try to minimize coffee and alcohol if at all. I take 5-HTP seratonan precurser and its good. I hate and cannot even think about clen or ECA anymore.

I get pretty severe anxiety from stimulants at times. Would like to hear any more responses regarding supplements which could counter this effect, and or increase serotonin. thanks

I agree and great response. I have been to the emergency room 4 times over the last 2 years thinking I was having a heart attack and every time, ekg, blood work etc. was very good each time. Panic/stress/anxiety was the prognosis each time. I got atavan and or clonopin. I struggle with anxiety and have been on anti depressents in the past but dont like the sides. I do like dopamine drugs like selegeline etc but the combo of aas, dopamine, coffee etc was putting me into the fight or flight mode and it sucks. I have never tried a beta blocker but i think these would help. I did back off on the MAOI and am just on TRT and try to minimize coffee and alcohol if at all. I take 5-HTP seratonan precurser and its good. I hate and cannot even think about clen or ECA anymore.

Definitely talk about the bèta blocker with your gp, might aid in the symptoms!

I get pretty severe anxiety from stimulants at times. Would like to hear any more responses regarding supplements which could counter this effect, and or increase serotonin. thanks

You could try 5 HTP, tryptophan, valerian root, rhodiola. OR cut back on your stimulants depending on how much you are using :D

having the same issue right now and i already take a beta blocker...i have valium and xaxax but i try to hold off using it if possible...
i have an appt tomorrow with my doc to go over all this,he mentioned a different medicine for blood pressure and switching off the beta blocker..
i talked briefly on the phone today so he didnt get all the details,hopefully he has some answers tomorrow..

I think that if you truely have add then ritalin and adderall will calm you down.

in addition

in addition to what moen said on the supplements.....I have used ativan and klonopin and they work like a charm but they are script and klonopin can be addicting but they work for anxiety and insomnia. I use low dose and break them in half and only use at night/bed. I'd like to not use these but hey, sometimes its necessary.

I take melatonin before bed and it helps also. 5-HTP works well too.

I think that if you truely have add then ritalin and adderall will calm you down.

Idd. The OP is banned though so he can't tell us why he is on ritalin, probably not for adhd :D

response

Thanks MOEN- I think I unofficially proclaim you as a Doctor. I thing you hit right on the nose. Thanks for all those that responded to my inquires. I thought I was going freaking loon. I had my wife on board with my training program and now that is in jeapardy. I have been on a continuious cycle of Test Enth/Cyp, Deca, tren. I know the cycle caught up to me. I take take Ritalan for Adult onset of ADD=- Mainly for my memory issues that occurred a few years ago from a motorcycle injury. For the past few week I have been prescribed Xanax- when I stay off it for a few days I get these fight or flight -upset stomach episodes. I have stopped pinning for the past three weeks. I think I need to stay off cycle for a month and try to get off the XanaX completely. I stopped taking Ritalin and need to find something else or stop taking it all together. My wife wants me off and to stay off of my juice. I hope I have not screwed my body up at this point.

Ritalin is shit for ADD. ADD meds and bodybuilding dont really mix...I have ADD and sometimes take adderall, and my weights go down and I get flat as a pancake 3 weeks into taking it. I get off and all the sudden Im fuller, harder, and much stronger in the gym. I think sporadic use is ok. It gets my BP through the roof and if Im taking any sort of test I constantly get headaches...I usually dont need and AI or a SERM as my body never has been really estrogen prone, but the BP issue makes it a must.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
locoslave
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131