over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

metiformin/slin cycle.

onixxx

Banned
First off. I'm 5'8 234 pounds.
Experience with AAS/slin/Gh cycles is over 8 years.

On bulk I usually do slin twice a day.
Humulin r in morning. And humalog post work out 9 hours later.

I've never used metiformin.
I'm trying to remove morning slin from my program and was hoping I could use metiformin 2 X a day (way before post work out slin)
will I get decent results still? (Muscle)
it would be great to increase slin sensitivity and use less.
what type of metiformin do I get?
I'm. Reading long and short acting versions

Metformin is a powerful drug. From experience, I can only imagine a very small dose to be needed for a non diabetic.

Many experience gastro issues with it as well.

I have seen "some" information on it's use in BBing, but have no dosing recommendations. I just want to caution you on the effects it can bring.

ITW

SERIOUSLY? dude there are some EPIC discussions here on Met.....
SEARCH then read.

SERIOUSLY? dude there are some EPIC discussions here on Met.....
SEARCH then read.

Actually I did just that before posting. Hehe.
Page by page four two hours. This is why I wanna try it.
But I was wondering for my personal plan.

I'm also on serostim/angtropin/test/tren hex

Why not experiment? Drop the Hum-R and and replace it with metformin in the mornings and keep your slin dose post workout. See how it works for you. Let us know.

Why not experiment? Drop the Hum-R and and replace it with metformin in the mornings and keep your slin dose post workout. See how it works for you. Let us know.

Longer acting or just normal kind. I have two large carb meals
Morning and noon as well as post work out carb up (with humalog). So was wondering if I can use morning and afternoon

If you're trying to be as sensitive as possible (thus the reason for metformin) why would you want to use it at a time other than around your workout?

If you're trying to be as sensitive as possible (thus the reason for metformin) why would you want to use it at a time other than around your workout?

With insulin I'm scared to take near met.what would u suggest

I'm not an expert in the area, just posing questions here to help you think through the process.

I know mike has chimed in already but here is a quick dosing guide ..Not saying its going to fit your needs but I love using metformin and this is the article that got me started by Mike Arnold

Drugs/supplements can be tremendously useful for this purpose, with many compounds having been clinically proven to improve both insulin sensitivity and Glut-4 translocation, but not all are created equal and neither should they all be used in the same way. Perhaps the most well known of the bunch is Metformin. Since this drug has the ability to rapidly mobilize and activate Glut-4, it is best taken 1 hour pre-training at 750 mg. If you train at night, your second 750 mg dose should be taken in the AM and if you train in the first part of the day take your second dose in the PM. This dosing scheme will keep Metformin active for most of the day, while further capitalizing on the training window.

Berberine is potentially the most potent of the OTC sensitizers. When taken at equivalent doses, some clinical trials have show improvements in insulin sensitivity in par with metformin, which is exceedingly impressive, to say the least. 500 mg, 3X/day is the dose used in human trials. However, berberine doesn’t have a half-life as long as Metformin, so its administration should be timed in accordance with meals. Take 200 mg with each of your daily meals, with one of those doses 30 minutes pre-training.

I know mike has chimed in already but here is a quick dosing guide ..Not saying its going to fit your needs but I love using metformin and this is the article that got me started by Mike Arnold

Drugs/supplements can be tremendously useful for this purpose, with many compounds having been clinically proven to improve both insulin sensitivity and Glut-4 translocation, but not all are created equal and neither should they all be used in the same way. Perhaps the most well known of the bunch is Metformin. Since this drug has the ability to rapidly mobilize and activate Glut-4, it is best taken 1 hour pre-training at 750 mg. If you train at night, your second 750 mg dose should be taken in the AM and if you train in the first part of the day take your second dose in the PM. This dosing scheme will keep Metformin active for most of the day, while further capitalizing on the training window.

Berberine is potentially the most potent of the OTC sensitizers. When taken at equivalent doses, some clinical trials have show improvements in insulin sensitivity in par with metformin, which is exceedingly impressive, to say the least. 500 mg, 3X/day is the dose used in human trials. However, berberine doesn’t have a half-life as long as Metformin, so its administration should be timed in accordance with meals. Take 200 mg with each of your daily meals, with one of those doses 30 minutes pre-training.

I know Mike is not big on metformin anymore and not sure if he would chime in. Can you take metformin in the AM (1 hour before training) and again in the PM while taking berberine in between?

To further elaborate, any recommendations I make regarding sensitizes are personalized. There are no set doses or dosing schedules, although certain times are usually preferred over others, such as around training and high carb meals. In the beginning, I used to recommend similar programs for everyone, but after doing an immense amount of research over the last 12-18 months, it is no longer that way.

One thing about that internet is that everything you type sticks forever. This is especially true for people whose writings are continually being re-posted over the years. This can be both good and bad, but in something like bodybuilding, where we are continually learning and opinions evolve with time, old, out-dated opinions and/or research can appear to represent someone's current thoughts.

A good example would be an article of mine that was recently re-posted--that I wrote over 5 years ago. Although the core of my message remains true to my current beliefs, my opinions/views have changed in some areas. This is true of everyone who sticks around this sport for long enough.

Anyway, I appreciate your support.

Last edited:
I know Mike is not big on metformin anymore and not sure if he would chime in. Can you take metformin in the AM (1 hour before training) and again in the PM while taking berberine in between?

You could take both, but do you need to? That's the question you should be asking yourself..."what do you need to take/do in order to maintain good insulin sensitivity?"

So long as you can do that, there is no need to use additional sensitizers. I recommend taking sensitizers that not only get the job done, but have the most benefits/least potential side effects. The strongest sensitizer is always the best sensitizer for every person. If you could get the desired results with something that may or may not be quite as string, but provides more overall health benefits and less side effects, you would be wide to do so.

Let's use statins as an example. We could take high-dose Crestor and it will have a huge impact on our cholesterol values, but it will also have a ton of serious side effects and no other benefits. On the other hand, there are natural remedies that can potentially work just as well, and sometimes better, along with a host if health benefits and no side effects. What sounds like the better choice?

While the side effects of sensitizers are nowhere near as serious, the principle is the same--use that which gets the job done, while providing the most health benefits and the least side effects.

To further elaborate, any recommendations I make regarding sensitizes are personalized. There are no set doses or dosing schedules, although certain times are usually preferred over others, such as around training and high carb meals. In the beginning, I used to recommend similar programs for everyone, but after doing an immense amount of research over the last 12-18 months, it is no longer that way.

One thing about that internet is that everything you type sticks forever. This is especially true for people whose writings are continually being re-posted over the years. This can be both good and bad, but in something like bodybuilding, where we are continually learning and opinions evolve with time, old, out-dated opinions and/or research can appear to represent someone's current thoughts.

A good example would be an article of mine that was recently re-posted--that I wrote over 5 years ago. Although the core of my message remains true to my current beliefs, my opinions/views have changed in some areas. This is true of everyone who sticks around this sport for long enough.

As you said our knowledge evolves and we find out what works best for us. I personally take 500mg in the morning with my tablespoon of ACV and half a lemon squezed watered down with 8 oz water 50 mcg t4 and 5 iu of gh then start my breakfast routine so its about 45 minutes before i eat. Then another 500 mg dose about 45 min before my pre workout meal and eat then drive to the gym train and use a peri workout drink with about 50 gram of carb in it then post workouut a hydro whey shake with 2 tbl spoons of olive oil in it. I feel great look very full during workouts and its what works for me. not saying this is for everyone just what I do.

We're in a constant state of learning brother. If people are going to be ass holes about what u thought was good advice and later u change some things up a bit I say screw them. I can say I have learned so dam much from u. Any time I see u post something my eyes key in. Thanks for taking time to keep us informed. Looking forward to u getting back on PED again!?!?

110% or expect to regret it!

5'8 at 234...your a big boy, how lean do you stay? I notice the bulkier (fatter) I get the less sensitive I am to insulin and it tends not to work as well.

Staff online

• A50#
    Old School Moderator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws