over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Mexican Steroid Pharmacy Costs Google Half Billion Dollars

SmallTownIron

Banned
Kilo Klub Member
Google executives knowingly allowed a Mexican pharmacy to advertise anabolic steroids and other bodybuilding drugs to customers in the United States according to the government informant used to set up the bust.

Federal prosecutors alleged that this was the case of a corporate entity, and not merely a couple of rogue customer service employees, making the decision to promote illegal pharmacies. Google paid a $500,000,000 forfeiture, the largest in history, when they entered into a nonprosecution agreement with the government.

Anabolic steroids played a major role in the government’s case against Google. Federal investigators used a convicted con artist, who had previously created a steroid pharmacy website based in Mexico, to help them bring down Google.
The con artist who helped the feds was named David Whitaker. Whitaker had operated a website that sold iPods and other consumer electronics below market-value. He collected millions of dollars from customers, never shipped the merchandise and fled to Mexico where he set up a steroid pharmacy catering to bodybuilders in 2006.

Whitaker was arrested in Mexico and extradited to the United States in 2008.

He was indicted on charges of wire fraud, conspiracy and commercial bribery in the iPod case and faced up to 65-years in prison. That was when Whitaker made his final big sales pitch when he told the government how he used Google’s AdSense to sell anabolic steroids and human growth hormone to customers in the United States. He told the government that Google helped him sell steroids to U.S. customers without a prescription and that they were shipped from Mexico. And he could prove it.

The government used Whitaker to pose as the agent behind the Mexican-based steroid pharmacies SportsDrugs.net and NotGrowingOldEasy.com. SportsDrugs.net was set up to look “as if a Mexican drug lord had built a website to sell HGH and steroids” according to Whitaker.

Google initially rejected the advertisements submitted to the Adsense program. However, Whitaker found a way to bypass the automatic verification system and talk to Google ad executives on the phone. Google executives worked closely with Whitaker to bypass the internal verification system and start promoting the steroid pharmacies. The steroid pharmacies initially only allowed customers to order steroids by submitting a form but eventually included direct links to purchase product.

The government collected over four million pages of internal emails, documents and witness testimony in their case against Google. The evidence included dozens of recorded phone calls and emails correspondences between Whitaker and Google in which the illegal activity was described in some detail.
Google was aware that U.S. customs had often seized steroid shipments shipped from Mexico and that the owner of one steroid pharmacy dreamed of becoming “the biggest steroid dealer in the United States.” Even the Google co-founder and future Chief Executive Officer was aware of the steroid business.

“We simply know from the documents we reviewed and witnesses we interviewed that Larry Page knew what was going on,” according to Peter Neronja, the United States Attorney District of Rhode Island, who was responsible for the investigation.

Nonetheless, Google may not have actually violated the law. While Google acknowledged they played a role in advertising illegal pharmacies, it should be noted that Google did not plead guilty. The $500,000 penalty was not considered a criminal fine or civil monetary penalty. Instead, it was classified as a forfeiture.

Google had no involvement whatsoever in the actual introduction or delivery of pharmaceuticals into the United States. But the government still accused Google of being an accomplice to the crime by allowing steroid pharmacies to advertise on Adsense. The government believed that Google’s role was similar to that of the companies that actually shipped illegal drugs.

Such a position on accomplice liability by the government clearly could have been open to challenge if the case ended up in court. However, a settlement was likely the best arrangement for both parties. Google could avoid a highly embarrassing expose of their internal operations in court and the government could avoid scrutiny on their position on accomplice liability while collecting a nice half-billion dollar forfeiture for their efforts.

Meanwhile, Whitaker escaped a potential 65-years in prison and was sentenced to 6 years for his extraordinary cooperation in the case.

Last edited:
Id much rather see our resources going into educating our youth. Especially down in Tennessee where meth is rampant, help to break that cycle.

All because of a rat

any other "industry" guys that rat are usually "taken care of"......

gotta love it,

money more important to the government then convicting a criminal and con artist

our stupid fuckn ass government can't find ways to boost economy and make money they got to go bust steriod dealers and file law suits that's how they make there money.... so pathetic!!!

I understand busting coke,meth, heroin and shit cause those drugs kill more people then fuckn steroids!!! Its such bullshit and lets not forget the most dangerous drug in the world that kills people every day tobacco/alcohol! it amazes me how our stupid ass government and laws targets less dangerous drugs such as steroids and over looks the rest! Pot should be fuckn legalized and taxed its used in the medical field for Christ sake! :mad::banghead:

I just cant stand our government anymore or there fucking stupid ass laws its all bull shit and crooked and ran by crooked ass political advisers that are only in it to do nothing but increase there financial gain!

That 5billion dollars i guarantee wont even go towards some thing this country needs either! guarantee that just more money them suit tie wearing faggots can spend on shit they need!

Last edited:
Smart on the gov'ts part. They are making it so enticing for criminals to rat people out that its becoming a certainty when big $$ is involved.

our stupid fuckn ass government can't find ways to boost economy and make money they got to go bust steriod dealers and file law suits that's how they make there money.... so pathetic!!!

I understand busting coke,meth, heroin and shit cause those drugs kill more people then fuckn steroids!!! Its such bullshit and lets not forget the most dangerous drug in the world that kills people every day tobacco/alcohol! it amazes me how our stupid ass government and laws targets less dangerous drugs such as steroids and over looks the rest! Pot should be fuckn legalized and taxed its used in the medical field for Christ sake! :mad::banghead:

I just cant stand our government anymore or there fucking stupid ass laws its all bull shit and crooked and ran by crooked ass political advisers that are only in it to do nothing but increase there financial gain!

That 500 million dollars i guarantee wont even go towards some thing this country needs either! guarantee that just more money them suit tie wearing faggots can spend on shit they need!

Amen to that. :headbang:

Ummm. Entrapment? This is why there was no guilty plea and no charge...
The gov't had a shitty case and Google just didn't want the bad press.

Definition:
In criminal law, entrapment is conduct by a law enforcement agent inducing a person to commit an offense that the person would otherwise have been unlikely to commit. In many jurisdictions, entrapment is a possible defense against criminal liability. However, there is no entrapment where a person is ready and willing to break the law and the government agents merely provide what appears to be a favorable opportunity for the person to commit the crime...a person would not be a victim of entrapment if the person was ready, willing and able to commit the crime charged in the indictment whenever opportunity was afforded, and that government officers or their agents did no more than offer an opportunity.

...inducing a criminal offense that the person would otherwise have been unlikely to commit....
Unless Google execs were looking for an opportunity to sell steroids, this is almost textbook. The gov't cajoled and brow beat Google into helping them, even after Google initially rejected the ads in the first place. They were not seeking an opportunity to sell gear or facilitate its sale.

Ok, if I'm in some ghetto asking around for a quantity of dope and finding none and an LE officer hears about it. He approaches me and offers to set up a buy and I agree. This is fine. Guilty. I was looking for dope and he offered it, even if I never asked HIM for it, I was looking for the opportunity. Guilty.

But if I'm walking around a ghetto and an LE officer asks me if I want to buy dope and I say, "No, thanks". And then he says "Look, it's fun. Ill give it to you free and in fact you can sell some and just give me the money later". Sounds good, so I do it. And then he busts me for possession with intent to sell....Entrapment. Illegal. It would never even go to trial.

Last edited:
Ummm. Entrapment? This is why there was no guilty plea and no charge...
The gov't had a shitty case and Google just didn't want the bad press.

l.

exactly what i was thinking when i read the article. He was initially denied, then he took it further and baited google into criminal activity.

Don't worry, steroid dealers just change into "supplement companies".

What a waste of resources! I guess they saw a big pay day at the end of process....Never mind the meth, coke, pcp, crack market out there with people shooting up neighborhoods....Let's set Google up for a big pay day....To me, that's criminal!! At least they printed the guys name in the article!! Hopefully, life becomes very hard for him!!!

Google executives knowingly allowed a Mexican pharmacy to advertise anabolic steroids and other bodybuilding drugs to customers in the United States according to the government informant used to set up the bust.

Federal prosecutors alleged that this was the case of a corporate entity, and not merely a couple of rogue customer service employees, making the decision to promote illegal pharmacies. Google paid a $500,000,000 forfeiture, the largest in history, when they entered into a nonprosecution agreement with the government.

There it is right there. $$$ can buy you anything when it comes to our government! It would be nice to know where that 1/2 billion dollars goes.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws