over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

MICHAEL GUNDILL THEORY

instynct999 said:

it's WAYYYYY more complex than that--homeostasis is a far more stubborn, complex beast than that

that would not do the trick at all

there are ways though......
what other ways do u think would be appropriate ?
care to share ?:)

What I'm curious about is how less workload with heavier weight will stimulate growth. For example if someone was benching 315 X 10 for 10 sets the total workload would be 31,500lbs. After eight weeks they hit a sticking point and drop the reps to work on strength. They're then benching 405 X 5 for 10 sets. The workload equals out to 20,250 lbs. So even though they are lifting a heavier weight in the same amount of time, the overall workload is not as great. So am I to assume that everytime someone decides to work soley on strenght that you would double your sets to accomodate the lower rep range? Any insight would be appreciated.

I was fortunate to train with Michael Gundhill as he is known in Paris last year. It was very interesting to say the least. All this equipment was stuffed into a room and a basement 1/2 the size of a one car garage... He had lots of Nautilus machines that he'd picked up a a local gym foreclosure and others he had collected at various trade shows around Europe.
Needlees to say we trained 1 excercice per body part and did many, many sets. Heavy of course emphasising the negatives. I got very sore.
My take on training and cycling is as follows:
We know that roids work best in a catabolic enviroment so... before a planned cycle, I make sure to get seriously overtrained for about 3-4 weeks, that means I train harder, heavier and longer. I get so ovedrtrained at times, you will see me strugling with just the bar on sqats!!! Wait, if you think this is bad, before a cycle I reduce my calories ,carbs and fats specifically to insure I am in an overtrained-catabolic state. This has a nother great advantage in that I get extremely lean!
Now I start my cycle, I am lean, little and overtrained. I start eating normal good tasty food high in proteins . I will not get fat because I am lean already and on the juice so there is no way I get fat. Plus my body is so hungry at this point it just sucks every thing up. The roids are working incredibly because I was in an overtrained state to start with. My work outs are awsome because I dont have to kill myself to get the killer pumped swole and I am in a good mood because I am not hungry and or tired.
Thats just my basic strategy, I love it and have refined it a to a system that works incredibly well.
Have you ever wondered why after a show you look , feel and make the best gains?

hey hadi, long time no hear..hows life? i was curious as you trained with gundill, did he have you training heavy and emphasizing the negative while on a cycle?? mosy of his printed articles always stated that while on you should not emphasize the negative and should use higher reps.. what exactly does he recommend?? i can not seem to get a good answer except by reading his various articles...good to see ya back on the board..

Thanks Lats, good to hear from you too.
The training we did was off-cycle training. Whats incredible is that Muchael G has built quite a physique although I beleive him to be natural.

H

hadi said:
I was fortunate to train with Michael Gundhill

Hello,

I have even more machines now.

My training is even harder now as I have learned how to truly potentiate my muscles.

As to why does traumatic training reduce androgen uptake, it is simple:

as the cell gets damaged, so are the androgen receptors.

Gundill said:

As to why does traumatic training reduce androgen uptake, it is simple:

as the cell gets damaged, so are the androgen receptors.
awesome to have u on the board bro :) , here's a question about this though ?non-traumatic exercises will for starters cause less release of arachidonic acid, that means less PGF2a and a much poorer stability of testosterone at the androgen receptor. Second, less damage to the structure of the cell, prevents leakage of non-transportable growth factors, such as FGF. And lastly the signal for repair and compensatory growth would be smaller as well. So, dont u think this is not the best idea to grow faster ? the training with non traumatic sets that is . looking forward to ur reply , thanx :) .

also , one more thing , u said "as the cell gets damaged, so are the androgen receptors. " but the number of nuclei determines the amount of AR, damage rarely occursin the nuclei, its usually a loss of membrane stability resulting in cell leakage. So the AR count is actually the same at this point and increasing(due to the muscle contractions) . isnt it ?

Less traumatic, but more frequent workouts are for steroid users. Androgens will help you get more release of local growth factors (BTW: I do not know if someone talked about it already but some special forms of GH may be released from the muscles, too).
With less trauma, you can work more often.
The goal is to keep the muscle sensitivity to androgens as high as possible.

For natural bodybuilders, the strategy is different.
You have far less androgens in your body so you cannot count on it too much.
You have to traumatize the muscle more to force it to grow.
Another important new aspect is the auto-phosphorylation of the androgen receptors.
It means that AR do not need testosterone to be activated. AR can auto-activate themself due to intense muscular contractions.
It has been hypothesized by old russian studies and it seems to have been confirmed recently (in animals at least).

SUPER INTERESTING THREAD....

THANK YOU ALL FOR SHARING.

Nice thread

I'm just now coming back from a 2 month lay off. This week I just went through the motions in the gym. Didn't even break a sweat. I've been a low set heavy training guy for a few years now and I think this time around I'm going to try this style and see what happens. I'm going to try and train each bodypart 2-3 times per week and see what happens. I know I'll gain some of what I lost prior to the layoff, I'm anxious to see how far the gains go though.

I will say this. The years of the heavy weight, low sets low reps has taken its toll on my body. Lower back, knees, shoulders, elbows. I'm most likely done with that style for now.

Re: Nice thread

I will say this. The years of the heavy weight, low sets low reps has taken its toll on my body. Lower back, knees, shoulders, elbows. I'm most likely done with that style for now. [/B]

Did you try to apply silicium gel on your joints? It is really great to enhance joint "recovery".

silicium

is that homeopathy?

sounds it

instynct999 said:
silicium

is that homeopathy?

sounds it

No, not at all. It is a bit like glucosamine except that it works faster and apparently better.

hmmm...weird that i have not hear dof it then

i mean silicium is also French for silicon
is it isome French silicon product (or perhaps you are French or reside in France

never heard of topical silicon being an effective joint aid really

yes, it is silicon in english
silicon is very important for connective tissues
most of the researches were performed with oral silicon
the most interesting was performed on racehorses with a significant decrease in injuries
personnaly, I do not find it effective
I prefere the topical form that I apply on my joints before and after training

This has to be the best discussion I have read in a long time! It seems that people are always going heavy and more heavy. I have always taken a step back and looked at them over time. no change. :) I add a lil gear and get some bloodflow and I grow. Safe and effective.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws