over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

MICHAEL GUNDILL THEORY

LATS

Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
Staff member
Registered
many of you may not know who he is but, gundill seems to have a ton of respect in europe especially..his training methods are a little different then our norm but, was wondering what those who know him think of him..in a nut shell he believes that when on gear, training should be lighter and more volumous and much less intensity applied. his belief is that the more trauma that is inflicted on a muscle the less androgen uptake the muscle is capable of..he belives that when a lifetr goes off gear is when he should lift heavier and try to do more trauma and do less workouts to aid in recovery. his suggestion for being on is that you do not go to failure and the reps must be high ..one most also do more sets than the norm and rest periods should be cut way back..this allows for more frequent workouts for the particular muscle group and better uptake of androgens while on..anyone????????

Makes sense...

I know while I am on, I have cut the heavy weight back a bit, but I feel that is due to the injury I had back in DEC.

I go heavy and less time in the gym while off...45 minutes. While on, I go about 1 hour and 15 minutes. Less rest more sets, so Iguess you can say I follow his routine sometimes, and other times I follow the HIT training.

Very interesting

I hear from an unnamed source that Michael Zumpano told him this bit of info about 6 years ago and my friend was HUGE before he died accidentally.

This is interesting at least! But any asshole with some new way to do things could hype up a workout, stamp it, throw a tax on it and become a workout guru! I am not saying that this won't work as most all workouts work! If one would concentate more on consitency of eating, working out, drugs, that will prolly make anyone grow more than some new fad workout! That being said I will still be interested to see some results or read some more info about it if you have it!

i would say if anything it might be a good thing to switch up and try for a few cycles, hell im about to go back on in 1-2 weeks, ill give it a shot and let everyone know how its going.. ill make sure eating and rest is very strict, to see if i make some good gains.. i have had problems in the past, i will get a little over 220 or so.. then i cant keep eating like i should and immediatly ill be back to 215.. i have been stuck here for over a year and its pissing me the FU&* OFF!!!!

Later,

GJ

phil..

why is the name mike zumpano sound familiar?? anyway, what exactly did mike do in regards to his training?? curious as to what he came up with...

Re: phil..

LATS said:
why is the name mike zumpano sound familiar?? anyway, what exactly did mike do in regards to his training?? curious as to what he came up with...

i thought but could be mistaken that zumpano was one of the first creatine pioneers

stackdizzy said:
This is interesting at least! But any asshole with some new way to do things could hype up a workout, stamp it, throw a tax on it and become a workout guru! I am not saying that this won't work as most all workouts work! If one would concentate more on consitency of eating, working out, drugs, that will prolly make anyone grow more than some new fad workout! That being said I will still be interested to see some results or read some more info about it if you have it!

gundill or dharkham is well respected in BB , i know poliquin and duchaine like his unique way of doing things because he thinks outside the box,
my question is does muscle damage equate with less androgen uptake ?

?

I'm a believer in a lot of different styles and I think putting them together in the right LOGICAL order is the key to unlocking much more advanced gains. A lot of us train week to week - best we can each session. We don't have that longer term outlook about training UP to a goal.

I think perhaps his methods work because a lot of lifters will be stale (physiologically as well as mentally) of the lifting to failure or beyond approach. I think there are times when not going to failure but doing several work sets to near failure is very beneficial.

There may be merit in it, but it could also be just a change from what everyone's bodies are used to. Could be a reason why HIT works often as well.

Perhaps if you could plan for a goal 26 weeks away and move thruogh three different training approaches until you got there, eventually peaking on some balls-out stuff, that would be ideal and there could well be a place for his method in there.

I know Poliquin believes it is not always necessary to achieve failure, and I believe almost anything that guy says - if he told us that Arnold was part Martian and that we should all half our brain removed and sent it to him, I'd be lining up at the local and asking if I needed medical insurance for a partial lobotomy... IronMike

I remember Instynct was kicking around this idea about 6 months ago. I believe his idea was in relation to the old time lifters in the 70's and how they got so big when scientifically it seems they did so much wrong. He said something along the lines of how the increased pump lead to a super-saturation of roids to the muscles or something. Maybe he can chime in here.

LATS, I was just re-reading your post and something else stuck out at me. Everyone who grows quickly makes a point of hitting a muscle again in the shortest time possible. Gundill says low intensity high volume will allow you to come back quicker, Phil varies his intensity throughout the week and hits everything multiple times, and DC says high intensity low volume to hit it again fast. No point, I just found it interesting.

yeah diezel, the basic common thread is to do just enough to stimulate a response from the muscle and not so much that you can not come cack in 3-4 days and do it again...how many sets you can get away with is going to be a individual thing....

well , heavy weight training has been shown to increase androgen receptor count in the muscle , so wouldnt training heavy be an advantage ?
ofcourse, the point made by the fellow is about androgen uptake , but wouldnt it be better to have increased androgen receptor count ? just another thought .

The Ultimate Diet

Michael Zumpano was also the guy who came up with The Ultimate Diet program written with Dan DuChaine. It applied a cyclic ketogenic diet to specific training depending on where in the diet cycle you were. DuChaine later modified this to creat the BodyOpus program.

Zumpano then went into supplements to create Metabolol - a protein/vitamin, powdered supplement thing.

The idea about not pushing to failure when "on" would seem to make sense to some degree, as it might help one to avoid being injured as strength seems to increase every workout. The temptation to just keep piling on the weight week after week because you can creates real potential for injury!

Another reason not to push to failure while on: some juice stimulates the CNS better than other (Tren comes to mind) This would allow you to burn yourself out faster due to the artificial enhancement.

your right that heavy stimulous is supposed to increase androgen receptors but, in gundills writtings he does state that the heavy tension workouts are supposed to be done while "off". so, he does advocate heavy tension workouts but, only while one is off cycle...but, look at most of the pros..lifting sub max and just pumping but, with heavy weights..most are doing high reps these days and they are getting bigger..maybe the theory of "the lazy training pros" has some merit...a type of method to their madness thing.. :D

LATS said:
your right that heavy stimulous is supposed to increase androgen receptors but, in gundills writtings he does state that the heavy tension workouts are supposed to be done while "off". so, he does advocate heavy tension workouts but, only while one is off cycle...but, look at most of the pros..lifting sub max and just pumping but, with heavy weights..most are doing high reps these days and they are getting bigger..maybe the theory of "the lazy training pros" has some merit...a type of method to their madness thing.. :D
ure saying during the " off periods" , by doing the heavy training and thus deriving the benefit of increased androgen receptor count , we make use of this increase during " on cycle " by training higher reps and going for the pump and thus increasing androgen uptake ?

DIEZEL666 said:
I remember Instynct was kicking around this idea about 6 months ago. I believe his idea was in relation to the old time lifters in the 70's and how they got so big when scientifically it seems they did so much wrong. He said something along the lines of how the increased pump lead to a super-saturation of roids to the muscles or something. Maybe he can chime in here.

yes this was based on my theory that most 70s pros lived in the gym all day and would basically workout almost all day doing many sub-maximal intensity sets but with pretty rrasonable weigths and woul keep the msucle saturated with the precious androgens and groeth factors by doing such

long rests were not uncommon as it was highly social at many woulds train with 2-3 other people

basically it seems they would eat and train for much of the day

also smaller waists duew to less of the growth factors sitting in the gut as the blood was in the muscle a longer portion of the day and also by using weights that did not maximally stress their core/waists-hips this cause less growth in this area

flip side is Dorian--thich waist but brutal muscle from heavy intense loads

there is more than one way to skin a cat IMO though, but if you wish the smaller waist perhaps the 70's mode is better

raybravo said:

ure saying during the " off periods" , by doing the heavy training and thus deriving the benefit of increased androgen receptor count , we make use of this increase during " on cycle " by training higher reps and going for the pump and thus increasing androgen uptake ?

yes

action/reaction grasshopper

again though one of many viable methods

look at Dorian at 300# and 5%BF and tell me HIT is not a formula for brutal musclularity

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear