over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Micheal Jordon of Powerlifting

Ed Coan, Mike Bridges, Kaz, Reinhoudt, Karwoski

Forget the guys name, but whoever the guy is who has his wife repeatedly slap him in the face before he benches 600+ for reps is my idol haha. The guy is a beast! Saw it on youtube somewhere :( anyone know who I'm talking about??

Ryan Kenelly, I think that is how you spell his last name. He has the world record for the biggest bench press of 1075lbs.

Raw- Stan Efferding/Konstantinov
Single Ply- Andre Belyaev (don't know many single ply guys)
Multiply- Frankl/Donnie Thompson/Vogelpohl

I would have to say Shawn Frankl you could call him the new Ed Coan but i think thats a little disrespectful to put him behind somebody elses name. Shawn Frankl is a freaky athlete he just totaled 2715 at 220 and has totaled over 2600 at 198 and now plans on 2800 at 242. Yes you could say ed coan is better because he had less gear and all that , but i would challenge that by saying he lifted in single and multiply later in his career and his numbers didn't move. I'm not downgrading anything the man has done he is a great man and a great powerlifter, but i think its hard to say that his lifts are better simply because they were done in less gear. Anyway i would definitely have to say Shawn Frankl.

x2!

Frankl gets my vote. 875 Bench and 780 Dead @ 220. That's even with the questionable depth on the 1060 Squat, for a 2715 total. That's 400 lbs. ahead of his closest competitor in the 220 weight class this year.:eek:

Frankl gets my vote. 875 Bench and 780 Dead @ 220. That's even with the questionable depth on the 1060 Squat, for a 2715 total. That's 400 lbs. ahead of his closest competitor in the 220 weight class this year.:eek:

Shawn lifts in Sioux City and Omaha, I have watched him numerous times. I can say, from what I have seen, he lifts hard, lifts heavy, and goes all out when he trains.

On a side note, super freaking nice guy. I have asked him a few questions and he is always willing to lend a hand and help out.

Not to take anything away from the lifters
who wear double, or even single ply gear.
How can we even guage who is/was the best lifter ever?
When we have these rediculously inflated totals, with these
crazy bench shirts, and squat suits that can sit up by there selfs.
In my opinion it would b great to have some
uniformity and go raw, except for a belt.
Then we could know who really is the best out there.
Without the assistance from the gear, just
brute strength, raw power, and awsome technique.

I have mad respect for the lifters who bench raw in open meets,
and for the raw unity meets squating with only a singlet, and belt.
And seeing true totals not these rediculously inflated totals
in sum of these federations.

BTW: I have been competing on, and off in powerlifting since 1988
and hav competed raw, and with gear.

Last edited:
Even though he hasn't done much in the last couple of years, I would say Garry Frank. First to break 2500, 2600, 2700 and 2800. When he broke 2500 people did not even think it was humanly possible to do so.

KK has a pretty big following on pretty much every fitness or lifting related board. I think he's probably one of the most well-known powerlifters currently in the game, mainly because of the insane deadlift videos he puts up on youtube that get passed around so much.

Like it was said before its tough to compare across feds and gear vs. sans gear. I will say that I have been to many meets in the past few years and most of Elites UGSS's and Chuck V. is the most impressive that I have seen in person. Its not so much his lifts but his resolve. If he misses a weight he adds 50lbs and comes back and smashes it. I have never seen anyone train like him, day in and out he is consistent. Itd your worst nightmare when he counts your set, bc he only counts the reps he likes.

He deals with injuries constantly, we have duct taped his ribs ankles and groin all in the same workout bc the man refuses to quit or miss out on training.

with that said Fankl is a freak, as is KK. After seeing Donnie at a meet its sad his squats were high after 10 minutes of prep after the bar was loaded and waiting. On a side note a guy i love to watch is Jeremy Frey, every rep looks exactly the same i wouldnt be surprised to see some big numbers from him once he is recovered completely.

Chuck V. Donnie Thompson (just totaled 3000) and Shawn Frankl

"The greatest respect you can earn is self respect" Louie Simmons

My vote for current goes to Donnie Thompson for his 3000 total.

Honorable mention goes to Ryan Celli, Raw record holder at 198 @ 1,840 lb.

Forget the guys name, but whoever the guy is who has his wife repeatedly slap him in the face before he benches 600+ for reps is my idol haha. The guy is a beast! Saw it on youtube somewhere :( anyone know who I'm talking about??

I wanna see that, post a link please.

Dave Hoff;1200 Squat,965 bench and a 795 deadlift at 277 body weight.Has all time 275 and 308 weight classes records.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131