over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Micheal Jordon of Powerlifting

Nssca

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Just curious about who is considered the CURRENT top super star of power-lifting competitions?
Thanks.

Last edited:
The 1st person who comes to mind would be Fred Hatfield, I believe his best total was around 2300 but I'm really not into powerlifting. :)

The 1st person who comes to mind would be Fred Hatfield, I believe his best total was around 2300 but I'm really not into powerlifting. :)

Currently I'd say Andy Bolton is the man. If you want to talk about back when Dr. Squat was lifting, I'd have to go with Dr. Deadlift-Doyle Kenady. Fred was great at the squat, but Doyle was the best deadlifter in the world there for awhile, and also put up tremendous all-around numbers. I believe he was world superheavyweight champion twice. Kaz was pretty awesome back then, too.

Ed Coan or Andy Bolton

Ed Coan is by far the best powerlifter ever. Totaled over 2400lbs at 220lbs. At that time he had a higher total than any SHW on the planet. 900lb deadlift at 220lbs. The increase in totals the last 10 years is from lax rules and better supportive equipment not from athletes being stronger. Just about all top powerlifters will tell you Ed Coan. A very humble great lifter that is willing to help anyone. Very clean lifts, deep squats, paused benches, etc.

I would have to say Shawn Frankl you could call him the new Ed Coan but i think thats a little disrespectful to put him behind somebody elses name. Shawn Frankl is a freaky athlete he just totaled 2715 at 220 and has totaled over 2600 at 198 and now plans on 2800 at 242. Yes you could say ed coan is better because he had less gear and all that , but i would challenge that by saying he lifted in single and multiply later in his career and his numbers didn't move. I'm not downgrading anything the man has done he is a great man and a great powerlifter, but i think its hard to say that his lifts are better simply because they were done in less gear. Anyway i would definitely have to say Shawn Frankl.

Currently I'd say Andy Bolton is the man. If you want to talk about back when Dr. Squat was lifting, I'd have to go with Dr. Deadlift-Doyle Kenady. Fred was great at the squat, but Doyle was the best deadlifter in the world there for awhile, and also put up tremendous all-around numbers. I believe he was world superheavyweight champion twice. Kaz was pretty awesome back then, too.
Yes I mean the current top dog.

I would have to say Shawn Frankl you could call him the new Ed Coan but i think thats a little disrespectful to put him behind somebody elses name. Shawn Frankl is a freaky athlete he just totaled 2715 at 220 and has totaled over 2600 at 198 and now plans on 2800 at 242. Yes you could say ed coan is better because he had less gear and all that , but i would challenge that by saying he lifted in single and multiply later in his career and his numbers didn't move. I'm not downgrading anything the man has done he is a great man and a great powerlifter, but i think its hard to say that his lifts are better simply because they were done in less gear. Anyway i would definitely have to say Shawn Frankl.

exactly...at the pro am he made each lift look effortless...this dude is a real "freak"

Yes I mean the current top dog.

OK, than I would have to say Shawn Frankl is the top man today but I still think Hatfield was the man for that era. :)

You do have to look at lifters in different gear differently. Ed Coan only lifted in one WPO meet and I don't know if he wore multiply or not then. There is a huge difference in the amounts lifted in the squat in monolift, multiply, lax rules federations vs under IPF rules. Simply look at the numbers of different lifters who have done both. Jeff Lewis best single ply squat 959lbs best WPO squat 1212. Over 250lbs difference. All lifts must be looked at in their context. Ed Coan is still generally considered by everyone in the powerlifting world multiply or not as the best ever. No one has dominated his class like Ed. Besides injury I don't think he was ever beaten in a meet.

You do have to look at lifters in different gear differently. Ed Coan only lifted in one WPO meet and I don't know if he wore multiply or not then. There is a huge difference in the amounts lifted in the squat in monolift, multiply, lax rules federations vs under IPF rules. Simply look at the numbers of different lifters who have done both. Jeff Lewis best single ply squat 959lbs best WPO squat 1212. Over 250lbs difference. All lifts must be looked at in their context. Ed Coan is still generally considered by everyone in the powerlifting world multiply or not as the best ever. No one has dominated his class like Ed. Besides injury I don't think he was ever beaten in a meet.

Yes he did lift in multiply and could never get a pound more on the bench when he would wear bench shirts that's why he benched raw, i know this stuff because my coach was training with him at the time. Also walking out has to be practiced Scott cartwright squatted over a 1000 in single ply walk out and is just now getting to 1100 in multiply. Also i don't believe most of the great powerlifters of today are dumb enough to walk out with over a 1000 pounds, the whole process of walking with weight means to put all the weight on 1 leg at a time and nobody was designed to be able to do that. I mean literally ed coan ended his career walking out with 900 pounds and getting injured, everybody acts like he is sooo old and he cant compete but the truth is he was incredible power lifter whose career met an early end because of walking out and he did lose 1 time due to bombing. Also i would say Shawn frankl is equally as dominant i mean nobody is in this guys league in the 198s and he just blew the 220 record out of the water with a 2715 and when he goes to the 242s and totals 2800 i believe he will be cementing his place in power lifting history as the best, but that i just my personal opinion and i completely understand what you are saying and i understand your opinion.

I guess I will be a little bias and go with my training partners Brian Siders and Allen Baria. Siders is going to concentrate on Strongman comps now and if there is any money meets he may attend those. Baria is a freak, at 275lbs he has close to a 700lbs raw bench and will be going for the 715lb record next yr. He is still learning squat suits and bench press shirts so look for some big numbers when that happens. But I do agree,currently pound for pound Frankl is the man,he doesn't look that strong, but damn that boy has strupid strength and is a super nice guy on top of that. The all time greatest is Coan, no one will match his numbers with single ply gear.

I just have a big problem with the Lax rules. I will say Frankl is very very strong and I don't want to take away from the guy. The monolift wouldn't even bother me so much if I saw the depth on the squat. I just don't see it. I saw Bolton squat once and no joking with a good side view it was 4" high. And he got three whites. It made me sick and turned me off to the multiply lifting. The belly benching doesn't even bother me like the crap squats. We I think squatting I still think of Capt. Kirks very deep 1000lb squats. Hell he even has a training clip of a single ply 1003lb squat for 2 reps.

I just have a big problem with the Lax rules. I will say Frankl is very very strong and I don't want to take away from the guy. The monolift wouldn't even bother me so much if I saw the depth on the squat. I just don't see it. I saw Bolton squat once and no joking with a good side view it was 4" high. And he got three whites. It made me sick and turned me off to the multiply lifting. The belly benching doesn't even bother me like the crap squats. We I think squatting I still think of Capt. Kirks very deep 1000lb squats. Hell he even has a training clip of a single ply 1003lb squat for 2 reps.

I totally agree with you there i to believe that kind of lifting puts a black on our sport.

My favorite is Rick Gaugler who totaled sumwhere
around 1879-1881 @ 165 i believe in 1980 or around
that time frame with an old school squat suit, and raw in
the bench, and dead.

Konstantine Konstantinov ... Ed Coan was Jordan, Konstantine is Lebron

750 Squat
550 Bench
940 Deadlift ... RAW!!! and he didn't even use a f'n belt on the deadlift. He is 6'4, 270 lbs, and

has the highest raw total of all time (just beating Stan Effering by a pound of two even though Efferding is in a higher weight class),

best raw deadlift of all time and hes not even a SHW.

He also set the world record deadlift in his actual weight class in his a singlet, while everyone else was allowed belt and suit.

3rd highest suited deadlift of all time, and I dont think he has pulled in actual deadlift gear in around 2 years. I believe with a belt, a suit, a token bench, and a token squat, he may be the 2nd to pull over 1000lbs. Also to his credit, He does his raw bench pressing close grip style (odd?), He has a video on youtube of him doing 55 pull ups in a clip, very unconventional training, and he is built like a bodybuilder for potential marketability. Def the next powerlifting star.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Konstantinovs#p/u/2/-dnvM4azEDU

Last edited:
Wow !!!

Konstantine Konstantinov ... Ed Coan was Jordan, Konstantine is Lebron

750 Squat
550 Bench
940 Deadlift ... RAW!!! and he didn't even use a f'n belt on the deadlift. He is 6'4, 270 lbs, and

has the highest raw total of all time (just beating Stan Effering by a pound of two even though Efferding is in a higher weight class),

best raw deadlift of all time and hes not even a SHW.

He also set the world record deadlift in his actual weight class in his a singlet, while everyone else was allowed belt and suit.

3rd highest suited deadlift of all time, and I dont think he has pulled in actual deadlift gear in around 2 years. I believe with a belt, a suit, a token bench, and a token squat, he may be the 2nd to pull over 1000lbs. Also to his credit, He does his raw bench pressing close grip style (odd?), He has a video on youtube of him doing 55 pull ups in a clip, very unconventional training, and he is built like a bodybuilder for potential marketability. Def the next powerlifting star.

YouTube - Konstantinovs's Channel

I"d love to see his training routine

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael_
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner