over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Microsoft updates blow! More problems, and mail wont work now

maldorf

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
After updating windows one of my PCs is messed up enough that I think I am going to reset back to a system image.

The other pc is running fine except windows mail wont sync with gmail anymore. Anyone else having these problems now? windows version 1909 is the latest. I updated Kaspersky too and wondering if that did something.

Can you do a system restore.

Going to have to do that on the one PC. I tried several restore options on it already and they failed though. Going to have to try restore from a bootdisc. The other pc just has it so that windows mail wont work with gmail now. Guess Ill just have to use the web browser to read email now. That pc is due for a windows update on Monday and Im not looking forward to that. I don't know what causing these problems. Wondering if the new Kaspersky is doing it.Tried turning it off on the one pc and it didn't make a difference though. So many possibilities. Im getting so I dread updates. Seems Microsoft and others don't test their new software as good as they should.

This page shows a couple of good things you can do to fix errors in windows. I found errors on both pcs and it says it fixed them. The problems persisted on at least one pc though. This has helped me in the past too.

Ok thanks.

This page shows a couple of good things you can do to fix errors in windows. I found errors on both pcs and it says it fixed them. The problems persisted on at least one pc though. This has helped me in the past too.

I was able to install the fall update 1909 on my main pc, the one that was having problems with running Microsoft Mail. Then I figured out that it was Malwarebytes that was screwing up Mail. I turned it off and it worked. Kaspersky was ok with it. Both Kaspersky and Malwarebytes just updated their apps and something in Malwarebytes is no longer compatible with Mail or Kaspersky.

Im hoping that once I get rid of Malwarebytes on my VR pc that I will be able to update it correctly and install the update 1909 from this fall. Right now that pc wont even really download files without locking up and rebooting gets screwed up as well, causing me to power down. Its all screwed up.

I do recommend going into your Windows Update settings and click on "Advanced". In there toward the bottom you can click and drag the slider to delay updates for about 30 days or so. Its good to wait on updates because sometimes they first come out with bugs and they have to patch them.

Another thing crucial for upkeep on the pc is being on the pc often enough to keep up on updates. I haven't been playing VR much and that pc hadn't been logged into for about 3 months or so. It was so far behind on updates, and when that happens it seems to screw up windows when you install so much at once. It shouldn't, but it has happened many times to me. I need to force myself to at least log in there once a week.

I recommend running these 2 processes too! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...em-files/bc609315-da1f-4775-812c-695b60477a93

sfc /scannow This will find errors in windows and repair them!

In windows 10 run this too :
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth

Both in the command prompt, which you run in admin. CMD. right click for run as administrator.

Was able to get both PCs I run to update to the 1909 version released by Microsoft. I got on the phone with a tech and she helped me update the one with problems, it had failed several times when I tried on my own. We got it to work by updating from an ISO file from MS website. I then did the same technique for the other pc. It ends up reinstalling windows completely, so its a clean install of that but you can keep all your other files and applications. So that is nice. You have a choice, and can wipe everything if you should choose to.

Here is how you do it:
AKA.ms/winup (no spaces) that's the address you enter into the browser.
F12 key
Right hand side window pops up, click on Emulation
Browser Profile- select win phone
left side of the screen will be area that shows the download, select appropriate setup, 64 bit etc.
Select to keep files and apps.

The process can take awhile, so be patient. This is a good thing to do, install fresh windows, if you are having problems with windows running correctly. I think one of my PCs had a corrupt Windows.

Thanks again maldorf.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity