over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Mid Day Crash Meal

A50#

Old School Moderator
Staff member
Registered
Over the last month or so I've been having a huge energy dip around 1-2pm in the afternoon. I eat every two hours starting at 5am so it's not from lack of food. My diet isn't fine tuned but pretty good overall. Blood work is fine other than a higher than normal RBC. I have a break @ 1pm daily and would like to put together the perfect meal to prevent that energy dip, give me some energy and perhaps sustain it up to early evening. Suggestions?

You have a daily break at 1PM. I might suggest either a power nap, or a walk outside for an hour. Either should refresh you.

You have a daily break at 1PM. I might suggest either a power nap, or a walk outside for an hour. Either should refresh you.

I power nap on my break. Even a short one really helps a lot. If people are around go to your car and recline your seat back.

Check cortisol fluctuations... there are saliva and blood tests that can check this through sampling throughout the day.
And depending on what your food was prior to this, can have an effect. Reducing carbs throughout the day and getting plenty of fresh, raw dark greens will increase energy. If youre low in B, D, or stressed adtenals, this can cause an afternoon dip.
Some sort of fresh green juice with lemon and ginseng is far better for energy over time than adding caffeine

what size meals are you eating every 2 hours....???

and what are you eating leading up to mid-day...???

so that's like 4 meals before 1pm.....

I would suggest LESS meals daily.

:cool:

I started following the Stan Efferding recommendation of a 10 minute walk after a big meal. I make a point of doing this after I eat lunch, before going back to work. Really helps with that afternoon lethargy.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I'm pretty much on my feet non stop at work so usually that last thing I want to do is walk on my breaks. That's about the only time I sit down and it's only for 15 minutes every couple of hours. Today I had some jerky, nuts and sunflower seed and then took a 10 minute nap. I did feel a little better so hopefully its a start.

I'm pretty much on my feet non stop at work so usually that last thing I want to do is walk on my breaks. That's about the only time I sit down and it's only for 15 minutes every couple of hours. Today I had some jerky, nuts and sunflower seed and then took a 10 minute nap. I did feel a little better so hopefully its a start.

you think maybe old father time is saying " HI THERE"....???

:eek:

what size meals are you eating every 2 hours....???

and what are you eating leading up to mid-day...???

so that's like 4 meals before 1pm.....

I would suggest LESS meals daily.

:cool:

At 5 am I usually have some Oatmeal eggs and coffee. At 7 am break I usually have the night before dinner leftovers which could be anything really from Salsbury steak to Pizza or Lasagna. About 9 am I have a chicken breast rice and some asparagus. 11am is my lunch which is either fish or chicken, carrots and a spinach leaf salad and a Coke. At 1pm I've been having a protein shake or some jerky nuts and seeds but sometimes I miss this meal just because I'm not hungry. I typically don't eat again until dinner around 4-5:30 and I rarely eat much if anything at all after 6pm.

you think maybe old father time is saying " HI THERE"....???

:eek:

No question age has something to do with it. That's really inevitable. I'm not that old though so I'm not ready to write it off as old age just yet. I know after a 10 hour day I'm not going to be able to run a marathon but I do expect that I should be able to have a productive evening without having to be in bed by 7pm totally exhausted.

I get an hour lunch sometime around 1pm. I either eat 20 minutes prior, or right at the time I clock out. After that, I lean back in my chair and throw up my feet on the desk and take a power nap. Sometimes it's 10-20 minutes, and sometimes 30-50 minutes. I always feel better afterward. If I don't eat at that time, then it's usually between 12pm and 12:30pm if possible.

Whyyyy so many meals

I don't feel like that's a massive amount of food. I have a very high metabolism an active job and busy lifestyle. If I don't maintain at least that amount of food I start losing weight and hard earned muscle gains.

I've been experiencing this too lately, man it's depressing, I was bulletproof for so long. Time to change things up I guess.

If I have processed carbs in my diet I feel sluggish after eating , blood sugar is fine I just feel unplugged.
I've been eating real clean since mid December , getting my carbs from fresh fruit and since then I feel much better.

I started my prep last week , only getting 100g carbs during and right after training (5pm) and have alot more energy all day. About half my fat is coming from virgin coconut oil though so I'm sure that helps.

It could just be a digestion issue , maybe your body is saying it's not happy with what your eating.

One thing that jumps out at me is "and a Coke".
That coke is a pretty good dose of sugar, which for I know for me would cause a big energy drop after about an hour or 2.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131