YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Middle of Night Casein Final 4 weeks Contest Prep ?

worldspan

NPC Judge
JUDGES
Registered
I believe as most do that particularly during final 4 weeks of contest prep all meals should be solid food, no shakes.

Competing next month, not having competed since 2004. Every single night during those 6 years I have always downed a casein protein shake in the middle of the night. Now 4 weeks out from my contest, I am a little afraid to cut it out my body now so accustomed to it for so long.

I am just wondering what the other Prof Muscle members feel about my cutting it out or not. Maybe run it up to 2 weeks before show ...or...? Looking for input from others, most appreciated!

WORLDSPAN

If you've hit your daily macros and caloric goals then I wouldn't do anything to put more in you than you need precontest while you're leaning out. If you can use the calories, I'd still have it right before bed and sleep through the night. You need the sleep more than you need that 30-40g of protein in the middle of the night. I'd guess you're getting up pretty early anyway to eat your first meal and/or do your cardio....get the rest brother.

i agree with above, guna say the sleep is more important, its better to stay in a deep sleep, have the shake right before bed if you want the extra protein.

well......how do you feel you look???

do you feel that you NEED to change something???
or that you COULD look better???

if not

DONT CHANGE A DAMN THING

:)

i am of the "eat when hungry" school of thought and if you are hungry then EAT (or have your shake) but of course assess how you look and feel. your past may well be your past maybe this show you are a bit bigger a bit leaner and maybe your body needs those macros to look its best...
-JS

there is no way to tell if it would do any good or not unless you try it. do it for a couple days and see how it effects your body. its not written in stone that you cant do shakes. look at victor prisk. he always has to do them because of the surgeries he does and he just won a pro card.

Nothing has to be done any certain way. remember phil hernon....he didnt even EAT protein. he used lba. maybe if the casein bothers you try the lba!

well......how do you feel you look???

do you feel that you NEED to change something???
or that you COULD look better???

if not

DONT CHANGE A DAMN THING

:)

x2

there is no way to tell if it would do any good or not unless you try it. do it for a couple days and see how it effects your body. its not written in stone that you cant do shakes. look at victor prisk. he always has to do them because of the surgeries he does and he just won a pro card.

Nothing has to be done any certain way. remember phil hernon....he didnt even EAT protein. he used lba. maybe if the casein bothers you try the lba!

I agree I'd give it atleast a shot for a week to see how you feel and look and go from there I also would say don't get up in the middle of the night get the sleep bro your gonna need it.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear