over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Migraine triggers

ALLEX

Banned
I've always had migraines, but episodes were quite rare, maybe once every 3 months or so.

With age, it's getting more frequent and new triggers are developing.

Nowadays traveling, sleeping late, fried food, snoring, oral steroids, sex pills, change in weather, loud noises or pretty much anything besides being in a quiet room with controlled temperature and eating very healthy could trigger a nasty migraine. I do not get them every day, but probably 3 or 4 a month. Hate taking pain killers but sometimes it's just unbearable.

BP, sugar and lipids are alright.

Anyone else?

My wife gets them pretty frequently and very bad at times. She had to end up taking early retirement from them.

We have had MRI's and all kind of tests, but nothing that shows anything unusual. According to her diary....most are brought on by changes in the weather....I guess Barometric Pressure changes.

One thing that we did try that seemed to help was a Sphenopalatine Ganglion Block.

It basically numbs the nerve cluster that affects the cranial and facial area.

It used to be very invasive I think involving deep injection...but now they are able to do it through the nasal passage. The y can't guarantee how long it will last for and if it will help in every situation....but she had one that stopped the Migraines for about 4-5 months. And she would get them 5-6 times a month.

But it is covered under our insurance, is outpatient, and they can do it as many times a year as needed. It took them all of 15 minutes to do her. Here is a link that describes it.

**broken link removed**

^ Interesting. Had never heard of it.

Thanks for the link.

No problem. They became such a life changer for her...that we looked into everything.

This really helped. And later when she started getting them again, the duration and pain wasn't as bad as before.

She will probably need another one in a couple of months...but if she can get from relief from doing something like this 2-3 times a year...it's worth it.

I have had migraines since I was a kid. My 1st one was in 8th grade. Mine are migraines with an aura. First my hand goes numb and then the side of my face followed by severely distorted vison where all I can see is spots and flashes of light. This goes on for about 30-40 minutes and is followed up by a headache that feels like someone hit me over the head with a shovel. I used to get them about 2-3 times per year. I had a period though where I went 3 years without one but then had 6 in just one month (November this year). I have never been able to find the cause or an exact trigger point. I've had every test known to man done and everything has always checked out just fine. They are brutal when they rear their ugly head and I would do just about anything to find out what causes them and more importantly an effective treatment when they do pop up.

Caffeine -- even a small amount of chocolate -- makes my best friend literally go blind with a migraine headache.

I have had migraines since 2009 with my IED blast. I had headaches before but after that they got terrible. Ones that last 3-4 days and makes you want to rip your brain out of your head and throw it against the wall. I tried a lot of stuff through the VA. It would work a while then thy would increase in intensity. For the last 2 years I have been getting Botox shots in multiple places on the head, all the classic points and the traps too. Thy have been working great. It takes about a week to kick in and last about 2- 2/1/2 months. Getting them done sooner and it may be less effective over time. So I get one maybe 2 times in a 3 month period now but when it wears off that first one is a bitch to deal with

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My body is so odd, I always thought too much caffeine gave me migraines, but there are some weeks where I will get it from no caffeine. I think they are blood pressure related after having too much caffeine at times, but the cuff doesn't say it is extremely elevated if I'm suffering from a migraine.

I have had migraines since 2009 with my IED blast. I had headaches before but after that they got terrible. Ones that last 3-4 days and makes you want to rip your brain out of your head and throw it against the wall. I tried a lot of stuff through the VA.

Would you kindly walk me thru these acronyms?

Would you kindly walk me thru these acronyms?

I'll help. IED is Improvised Explosive Device- term came to light during the Middle East Conflicts.

VA- Veterans Administration- healthcare offering for veterans and retirees of the military.

I have had migraines since 2009 with my IED blast. I had headaches before but after that they got terrible. Ones that last 3-4 days and makes you want to rip your brain out of your head and throw it against the wall. I tried a lot of stuff through the VA. It would work a while then thy would increase in intensity. For the last 2 years I have been getting Botox shots in multiple places on the head, all the classic points and the traps too. Thy have been working great. It takes about a week to kick in and last about 2- 2/1/2 months. Getting them done sooner and it may be less effective over time. So I get one maybe 2 times in a 3 month period now but when it wears off that first one is a bitch to deal with

A friend of mine suffers from IED blast issues and PTSD, he swears marijuana is the only thing that helps his migraines.

A friend of mine suffers from IED blast issues and PTSD, he swears marijuana is the only thing that helps his migraines.

I have a med card for that as well..it does help some, unless they are too far gone, only indicas though, which is more of a relaxing, couch like tired feel.i usually over medicate with that if I get one so I at least fall asleep for an hour or 2. The one thing it helps out with a lot is the nausea. I puke a lot when I get migraines and it seems to help immensely with that. And that is one of the reasons why they gave marijuana to cancer patients is to help the nausea symptoms from chemo. Alexx... sorry about the acronyms, I was caught up in typing because this subject is very important to me and I like to talk about it with other people who get migraines. We all know that a bad one can literally ruin your whole day or even more

I have a med card for that as well..it does help some, unless they are too far gone, only indicas though, which is more of a relaxing, couch like tired feel.i usually over medicate with that if I get one so I at least fall asleep for an hour or 2. The one thing it helps out with a lot is the nausea. I puke a lot when I get migraines and it seems to help immensely with that. And that is one of the reasons why they gave marijuana to cancer patients is to help the nausea symptoms from chemo. Alexx... sorry about the acronyms, I was caught up in typing because this subject is very important to me and I like to talk about it with other people who get migraines. We all know that a bad one can literally ruin your whole day or even more

Damn thats unfortunate, they truly are debilitating more than people realize.

One thing that we did try that seemed to help was a Sphenopalatine Ganglion Block.

Found a youtube video of this. The "thru the nose" one.

Looks like a very simple procedure that could be performed by anyone at home.

Found a youtube video of this. The "thru the nose" one.

Looks like a very simple procedure that could be performed by anyone at home.

I haven't looked at any videos....but she had her first one done about 1.5 years ago. Then again about 8 months after that. So far so good...but can always go back if they last that long.

I was in with her when they did it. Not sure I would want to try it at home as there is a certain depth to get to until you hit that mass of nerves.

Plus if you have any underlying complications such as a deviated septum....it will make it harder to do and more unpleasant.

She didn't complain...said it was tender. Her eyes teared up more than anything and she had a weird taste in the back of her throat for a couple of hours....I'm assuming to any Post Nasal Drip that may accompany it.

The doctor said most cases could be done out-patient...but a few % of cases had to be done in a room with an x-ray so they could make sure they hit the right spot.

She didn't complain...said it was tender. Her eyes teared up more than anything and she had a weird taste in the back of her throat for a couple of hours....I'm assuming to any Post Nasal Drip that may accompany it.

The doctor said most cases could be done out-patient...but a few % of cases had to be done in a room with an x-ray so they could make sure they hit the right spot.

That sounds like a great trade-off to get to a better migraine free life. Glad it worked for the Mrs....

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear