over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Mike Israetel volume reccomendations

Personally, I think Israetel's physique is more than sufficient evidence of practical application.

With respect to coaching, I'd take an expert that lives the lifestyle and especially who has competed (i.e., has real-world experience in posing and mindset) even if their physique was sub-elite & they never achieved a high degree of success due to factors outside of their control despite intelligent and earnest effort. So long as they are an adept coach.

A genetically elite athlete might not be able to convey the how or why, communicate the concepts, or analyze the reasoning for a given method being superior vs. inferior.

That is, a successful pro bodybuilder is a great role model vs. coach.

So while on one hand I wouldn't seek a coach who is a fat slob that's never sniffed a barbell, on the other I wouldn't value Ronnie's advice on training methods, nutrition, nor drugs. I might be more receptive to his mindset and posing advice. I'd perhaps be most interested in his references for experts (posing, etc.) to work with.

And as the old adage says: some people succeed in spite of their actions and not because of them.

imo while important to talk about volume,intensity,frequency we almost forget what matters most which is effort..I must also agree that i don't like the way Israetel acts.He can be really arrogant and cocky at times unlike other well educated coaches (dr.Scott stevenson)
This is why I loathe Paul Carter. He doesn't realize he's just a bald asshole and he's incapable of presenting information in a neutral manner the way John Meadows, Scott, or Dante does. Everything is always framed as an attack to get you to pay attention. It's his hook. He's intentionally trying to be a likable asshole, but to pull that off you have to meet two very important pieces of criteria:

1. Be handsome

2. Be charismatic

Example: Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark/Iron Man

Paul is neither.

This is how the two approaches play out:

John Meadows

"Alright, hi everybody, John Meadows here. Today I wanna talk about delts. I've been getting a lot of requests from people to lay out some exercises and a routine to build bigger delts. So what I'm going to do is go through each one and then explain why I feel the exercise is effective and which part of the delt it targets. Lets get started!"

Paul Carter

"You're fucking stupid and doing your seated dumbbell presses wrong. You're pointing your arms the wrong way and getting no stimulation. Everyone is lucky I was conceived so I could correct everything you do. No one would ever make progress in the gym if I wasn't alive."

This is why I loathe Paul Carter. He doesn't realize he's just a bald asshole and he's incapable of presenting information in a neutral manner the way John Meadows, Scott, or Dante does. Everything is always framed as an attack to get you to pay attention. It's his hook. He's intentionally trying to be a likable asshole, but to pull that off you have to meet two very important pieces of criteria:

1. Be handsome

2. Be charismatic

Paul is neither.

John Meadows

"Alright, hi everybody, John Meadows here. Today I wanna talk about delts. I've been getting a lot of requests from people to lay out some exercises and a routine to build bigger delts. So what I'm going to do is go through each one and then explain why I feel the exercise is effective and which part of the delt it targets. Lets get started!"

Paul Carter

"You're fucking stupid and doing your seated dumbbell presses wrong. You're pointing your arms the wrong way and getting no stimulation. Everyone is lucky I was conceived so I could correct everything you do. No one would ever make progress in the gym if I wasn't alive."
Exactly! Can't stand him. Haven't looked at his posts in a long time for that exact reason. Guy constantly snaps on people asking genuine questions in the comments. Ironic, that he makes his money of social media by "helping people" but can't be bothered to answer a question because the people that are commenting are stupid. You want to be an influencer, and educator, then be prepared to answer "stupid questions".

Also heard him on a podcast talking about how he diets and how he is able to sustain 240lbs of muscle on sub 1200 calorie diet (I can't recall, but I think it might have been even lower than that) as long as he binges, I mean refeeds on 5000+ calories once a week. Way to teach people how to develop an eating disorder. I guess dieting on 2500 or 2000 calories is just not shocking/cool enough.

1. Be handsome

2. Be charismatic

Paul is neither.

John Meadows

Paul Carter

Agree on Carter he seems angry at the world about something. Don't agree on the iron man actor, I view him like will Smith or dewayne Johnson, they try to hard can't watch their movies lol

Wondering what people think in general of his reccomendations? I feel like here people are big into low volume, high intensity. The science crowd on the internet has been advocating high volume. It seems like these reccomendations are sort of in the middle.

He does list higher volume for rear and side delts which makes sense since it's harder to hit them with heavy weight.
This chart and the RIR MEV MRV ETC is best explained by pro rassler Scott Steiner

Okay.

Make that under 20 seconds.
IDK, I never counted seconds or did Israetel calculations between sets. I just got a really good no nonsense training partner, ate clean and highish protein with a good amount of rest. I listened to Israetel for a little while a few years back. He eventually became annoying and talks like he's on stims.

IDK, I never counted seconds or did Israetel calculations between sets. I just got a really good no nonsense training partner, ate clean and highish protein with a good amount of rest. I listened to Israetel for a little while a few years back. He eventually became annoying and talks like he's on stims.
I don’t count seconds either. It usually just works out to take that amount of time.

Obviously range of motion and number of reputations will have an effect.

So what works for Branch, works for everyone?
No, it means everything works, everything doesn't work. Many, many ways to skin a cat. Arguments and discussions will abound for all of eternity on what type of workout is better, which is more efficient. People have had success with all types of workouts. People will then argue over and over about how much better a successful bodybuilder would have been with a different workout. Blah-blah-blah. Do what you want, if it works keep at it, if it doesn't change things up.

At least it's been awhile since anyone has posted asking how to compensate for the amount of test left in the tiny little needle after injection or how to get the last 1/2 gram of protein left on the sides of a shaker bottle when drinking a shake. Failure to do either will change your success rate. LOL

1. Be handsome

2. Be charismatic

Paul is neither.

John Meadows

Paul Carter

Exactly! Can't stand him. Haven't looked at his posts in a long time for that exact reason. Guy constantly snaps on people asking genuine questions in the comments. Ironic, that he makes his money of social media by "helping people" but can't be bothered to answer a question because the people that are commenting are stupid. You want to be an influencer, and educator, then be prepared to answer "stupid questions".

Also heard him on a podcast talking about how he diets and how he is able to sustain 240lbs of muscle on sub 1200 calorie diet (I can't recall, but I think it might have been even lower than that) as long as he binges, I mean refeeds on 5000+ calories once a week. Way to teach people how to develop an eating disorder. I guess dieting on 2500 or 2000 calories is just not shocking/cool enough.
Paul Carter is a bitch. Fucking hate that guy lol. You don't treat people the way he does. Then on top of everything he occasionally acts like a philosopher, expert on romance, Christian, huge on compassion etc. It's just too much lol.

I once made a totally innocuous comment on his page and called me an idiot. When I still responded politely he made a total ad hominem dissing my appearance. It's irritating because you can't respond in kind, he'll just block you lol.

Yes, I dont like pretentious people with made up degrees and calling themselves "Dr". Unless youre an MD, or have a STEM degree PHD youre not a "Dr".

If someone dedicates a decade of studying to something, writes a 30 page thesis, then has to orally defend it against their peers….they can be called DR strange if they want to.

What's with all the science guys offering "courses" and " curriculum" is this the new fad?

Reactions: cal
If someone dedicates a decade of studying to something, writes a 30 page thesis, then has to orally defend it against their peers….they can be called DR strange if they want to.
30 pages might work for an undergrad thesis but it's not getting you a doctorate

I've gone back and forth between failure and RIR training. First learned about RIR back around 09 from a guy on Getbig under the handle JPM. It wasn't called RIR then. It was just stopping a few reps shy of failure. I find both methods - failure and RIR - to be effective. But I will say that "failure" has some downsides/negatives. (1) My strength, motivation, energy, and enjoyment of the gym all go down. With RIR training I am much stronger, happier, more motivated, etc. (2) It's impossible to reach true failure, which makes "failure" training more relative than absolute, and your less likely to have consistency. (3) Failure training can be riskier for injury. (4) Failure training burns less calories.

1. Be handsome

2. Be charismatic

Paul is neither.

John Meadows

Paul Carter

He didnt used to be so dogmatic and short and abrupt with people. Oddly enough on interviews with very newbie fitness chanenls hes very polite and gracious but on his IG hes always rude unless someone totally kisses his ass.

I've gone back and forth between failure and RIR training. First learned about RIR back around 09 from a guy on Getbig under the handle JPM. It wasn't called RIR then. It was just stopping a few reps shy of failure. I find both methods - failure and RIR - to be effective. But I will say that "failure" has some downsides/negatives. (1) My strength, motivation, energy, and enjoyment of the gym all go down. With RIR training I am much stronger, happier, more motivated, etc. (2) It's impossible to reach true failure, which makes "failure" training more relative than absolute, and your less likely to have consistency. (3) Failure training can be riskier for injury. (4) Failure training burns less calories.
Everything works for a while. Instead of taking only A or B approach best ime to do say 6 to 8 weeks of high volume rir training and then same time or so with more Dorian HIT training. Not sure why people make it sound like it has to be one or the other.

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
methyl m1ke
NapsGear