over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Mike Israetel volume reccomendations

Jared Feather is taking over Nick Walkers training post Arnold so it will flesh out, I suppose

My favs are Dr. Scott Stevenson and Jordan Peters. I used to read a lot of Carter's stuff, but I also found his personality abrasive and that outweighed the benefits I got from his teachings so I tuned him out. I really like Joe Bennett aka Hypertrophy coach as he has a gift of taking complex topics and making them easy to understand. I follow Coach Kassem also... my only rub with Bennett and Kassem is I feel they get caught up in the weeds when it comes to exercise execution. Things such as pinky placement, femur angles and nuances that it seems to focus more on precise execution than brutally hard work. Carter does the same thing now, but it seems he is just regurgitating whatever Kassem preaches. Israetel is fine, but I simply don't agree with his obsession with volume. Same goes with Broderick Chavez...Chavez and Isratel seem to be in the same "volume is king" camp. Meanwhile you have Victor Black out there who's training philosophies are more in line with Dante Trudel/Jordan Peters, but boy when it comes to drugs, supplements etc. he really bashes those he does not agree with and comes across as very caustic and unprofessional.

My favs are Dr. Scott Stevenson and Jordan Peters. I used to read a lot of Carter's stuff, but I also found his personality abrasive and that outweighed the benefits I got from his teachings so I tuned him out. I really like Joe Bennett aka Hypertrophy coach as he has a gift of taking complex topics and making them easy to understand. I follow Coach Kassem also... my only rub with Bennett and Kassem is I feel they get caught up in the weeds when it comes to exercise execution. Things such as pinky placement, femur angles and nuances that it seems to focus more on precise execution than brutally hard work. Carter does the same thing now, but it seems he is just regurgitating whatever Kassem preaches. Israetel is fine, but I simply don't agree with his obsession with volume. Same goes with Broderick Chavez...Chavez and Isratel seem to be in the same "volume is king" camp. Meanwhile you have Victor Black out there who's training philosophies are more in line with Dante Trudel/Jordan Peters, but boy when it comes to drugs, supplements etc. he really bashes those he does not agree with and comes across as very caustic and unprofessional.
I can't take kasaam seriously. He is the master of focusing on the pinky placement. I'm guessing he isn't interested in the nutrition aspect either?

. Meanwhile you have Victor Black out there who's training philosophies are more in line with Dante Trudel/Jordan Peters, but boy when it comes to drugs, supplements etc. he really bashes those he does not agree with and comes across as very caustic and unprofessional.
To me it seems like a mildly below average intelligence individual whose tried to do a lot of independent study on a topic to make himself into an expert but in the process displays himself to be wildly ignorant on the very same topic due to his failed attempts at self education which were inevitable due to being of low intelligence and not having a guide

Victor has over 20 competitions and many natural shows before he started gear.The guy is 56 and looks great.His genetics are not great but he has the experience with drugs and backs up his claims 💯.He is not arrogant as many claim,he is actually very helpful.

It’s Doesnt have to be this difficult, you gotta take a science course at the local community college to figure out what the fck this guy’s talking about

I get what you are saying, but Mike still looks like shit.

I've been familiar with him for 5-10 years, talked to him when he was still at Temple getting his school work done. Dude has dog shit genetics.
Not taking anything away from him, but he juuust started looking like an actual lifter within the past 2 years. His "competition" photos before that were absolutely terrible. This has nothing to do with his knowledge, super-smart guy. He and I used to go back and forth alot but i respect him.
I just think he preaches his own shit like the gospel and ACTS like the biggest/smartest dude in the room when the vast majority of the time he's giving info to beginning lifters. As soon as he gets into a debate with someone knowledgable, he quickly changes his approach. I've also mentioned this before, i've yet to see 1 person whom he's transformed. His classic physique pro friend Jared was a mutant as a complete natural 5+ years ago. The rest of his "clients" are skinny fat 40 year olds who get in shape for the first time in their life.
This is something I've noticed, he didn't really start looking like an actual bodybuilder until very recently. Does he talk about what changes he made to stop looking like a bag of milk? Was it just as simple as staying leaner all the time?

Yeah lotsa reps . I do more than most people because going very heavy is rough on this old guy. But I like keep my lifting time as close as possible to an hour then 20 or so minutes on cardio

This is something I've noticed, he didn't really start looking like an actual bodybuilder until very recently. Does he talk about what changes he made to stop looking like a bag of milk? Was it just as simple as staying leaner all the time?
sad but true, he was pushing himself as a guru before he ever looked good. Even now, he’s meh. I know that it’s no prerequisite for any knowledgeable dude to be jacked but it helpsss

Regardless of what training approach you take (high volume, fst-7, HIT, Doggcrapp, etc.) it’s all based on science. What I don’t understand is how this board attracts so many flat earthers.

Regardless of what training approach you take (high volume, fst-7, HIT, Doggcrapp, etc.) it’s all based on science. What I don’t understand is how this board attracts so many flat earthers.
If it’s all based on science, nothing is

It's easy to point critical fingers from the comfort of the sidelines.

Mike doesn't have great genetics, but he's doing everything he can to max them out. His back lat spead was pretty dang impressive at Masters USAs in 2021. I know, I was there, irl.

Mike is brave to put his knowledge out there in spite of bad genetics. I respect that, and he's made me consider training concepts from different perspectives. Good on him.

Lets also not forget that intelligence is largely genetic. If one had to choose, brains or body, it'd be foolish not to choose brains. And Mike has that for sure.

Mike doesn't have great genetics, but he's doing everything he can to max them out. His back lat spead was pretty dang impressive at Masters USAs in 2021. I know, I was there, irl.

Mike is brave to put his knowledge out there in spite of bad genetics. I respect that, and he's made me consider training concepts from different perspectives. Good on him.

Lets also not forget that intelligence is largely genetic. If one had to choose, brains or body, it'd be foolish not to choose brains. And Mike has that for sure.
Not knowing Mike in anyway, shape, or fashion . . . it is just refreshing to see somebody say somebody nice about him.

I’m actually friends with Mike.

Some of the other people mentioned in this thread are also my friends/mentors/former coaches.

With that being said, what makes you assume Mike has bad genetics?
-He clearly doesn’t have an issue growing muscle.
-He doesn’t have pretty shape, but that’s not relevant regarding overall muscle gain or fat loss.
-He’s always followed more of an IIFYM approach with macro timing.
-He does not do cardio.
-He does BJJ, but he doesn’t do it long enough or with adequate frequency to boost his cardio.

Sometimes people would rather do things their way to prove a point rather than tried and true methods that will achieve a more expedient and successful outcome.

I’m actually friends with Mike.

Some of the other people mentioned in this thread are also my friends/mentors/former coaches.

With that being said, what makes you assume Mike has bad genetics?
-He clearly doesn’t have an issue growing muscle.
-He doesn’t have pretty shape, but that’s not relevant regarding overall muscle gain or fat loss.
-He’s always followed more of an IIFYM approach with macro timing.
-He does not do cardio.
-He does BJJ, but he doesn’t do it long enough or with adequate frequency to boost his cardio.

Sometimes people would rather do things their way to prove a point rather than tried and true methods that will achieve a more expedient and successful outcome.
Curious what is his reason for not doing cardio?

Curious what is his reason for not doing cardio?

He probably wants to live a more normal rounded life than walking on a fucking treadmill for endless hours to get lean.

Not knocking incline walking….my fat ass knocked out 37 minutes this morning lol

Edit less sarcastic answer: mike uses steps per day to toggle energy expenditure. For example….he said he will be at like 8-9k steps per day, weight will stall, cut 150 calories, add 1k steps…..when he stalls again, cut 150 calories add 1k steps.

Mike said the last weeks of prep he’s like 13,000-14,000 steps per day.

He probably wants to live a more normal rounded life than walking on a fucking treadmill for endless hours to get lean.

Not knocking incline walking….my fat ass knocked out 37 minutes this morning lol

Edit less sarcastic answer: mike uses steps per day to toggle energy expenditure. For example….he said he will be at like 8-9k steps per day, weight will stall, cut 150 calories, add 1k steps…..when he stalls again, cut 150 calories add 1k steps.

Mike said the last weeks of prep he’s like 13,000-14,000 steps per day.

Normal well rounded life = normal physical appearance and bare minimum outcome.

13,000-14,000 is an average day of walking for some people.

I understand the “why”, and I agree with him on more things than disagree…

But if you want to be a full time bodybuilder and achieve outstanding results, “doing some walking” isn’t going to cut it for most people.

Normal well rounded life = normal physical appearance and bare minimum outcome.

13,000-14,000 is an average day of walking for some people.

I understand the “why”, and I agree with him on more things than disagree…

But if you want to be a full time bodybuilder and achieve outstanding results, “doing some walking” isn’t going to cut it for most people.
I'll agree with this. I think it was about 10 years ago I started seeing people claiming their steps were their "cardio."on boards. Lately it seems like people are back to doing the real thing.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Spinaltap88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131