over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Mike matarazzo last interview

i heard (heard) this was the guy who was 'wondering wtf he was doing to himself' in the hotel rooms before each contest.

I remember him saying he had no memory of the '93 Arnold classic show, he was so messed up from dehydration etc.

Abdc what else should we be doing for hdl?

Not to hijack the thread.. but what are most people sitting at when not competing regarding HDL?

Wondering if anyone is similar to me.. I usually have total cholesterol and LDL on the low end.. but my HDL hasn't been over 35 since I started doing bloodwork 3 or 4 years ago. I take Krill, Citrus berg, no orals, trt most of year, when on prep rarely go over 1600mg total... I usually run Nolva and try avoiding AI's if I can... On prep I've had an HDL reading of 6 before. Diet is very clean and fat is around 50 grams a day. "Cheat meal" once a week with the girl..

Not to hijack the thread.. but are most people sitting at when not competing regarding HDL?

Wondering if anyone is similar to me.. I usually have total cholesterol and LDL on the low end.. but my HDL hasn't been over 35 since I started doing bloodwork 3 or 4 years ago. I take Krill, Citrus berg, no orals, trt most of year, when on prep rarely go over 1600mg total... I usually run Nolva and try avoiding AI's if I can... On prep I've had an HDL reading of 6 before. Diet is very clean and fat is around 50 grams a day. "Cheat meal" once a week with the girl..

I was told to use nolva or ralox during cycles and not bother with an AI.
I feel my estrogen would be too high with terrible back acne.
But I'd have better hdl levels and no gyno hopefully.

I remember Mike from 1991. The guy who beat me at the Jr USA, lost to him at the USA a couple weeks later. He was 1 year older than me and what shocks me most is that all his stress tests and other indicators did not show anything wrong. I had a stress test and an ultrasound and EKG lat year and I was pretty happy that all was ok after 30+ years of gear use, I now do not feel as confidant and want to go for more tests, of course my HDLs are low too. I do have some kidney issues from high BP (from gear use).
I feel kind of silly after hearing his interview that I still do this after all this time for vanity reasons only now. I know its not healthy, I never did high doses but I still dabble and feel like I am being selfish to my family. He is right, we all feel invincible when we are young but time catches all of us.

I got to pump up back stage with Mike at one of my first shows. He was the nicest pro I've ever met. He told me the judges put so much pressure on them to come in bigger and more shredded at each show, that he would probably be dead in a few years because of it. He seemed disgusted by the judges expectations and how more was always expected regardless of health.

Werent a bunch doin a lot of recs and other stuff tho as well? I cant remember but i thought it was mike who said they didnt sleep alot going to and fro between photo shoots and flyin all over the place? I could ve wrong but thought it was him who said that as well as not wanting his son (s) to go into this business either?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I had a friend of a friend who supposedly work for him and said he used to take a lot of narcotic pills. But you know how rumors are spread. This was not first hand info.

I remember Mike from 1991. The guy who beat me at the Jr USA, lost to him at the USA a couple weeks later. He was 1 year older than me and what shocks me most is that all his stress tests and other indicators did not show anything wrong. I had a stress test and an ultrasound and EKG lat year and I was pretty happy that all was ok after 30+ years of gear use, I now do not feel as confidant and want to go for more tests, of course my HDLs are low too. I do have some kidney issues from high BP (from gear use).
I feel kind of silly after hearing his interview that I still do this after all this time for vanity reasons only now. I know its not healthy, I never did high doses but I still dabble and feel like I am being selfish to my family. He is right, we all feel invincible when we are young but time catches all of us.

I agree.. But the issues with high blood pressure could be resolved with a simple request to the doctor.. I have said this time and time again that their is no excuse for anyone taking gear to have high blood pressure.. It's a easy fix and a cheap one..

didn't want to disparage the guy but I heard him say himself after guess posing he had little problem with coke. Said he would get little towards end of prep and justify saying he'd just use it to get ready but only problem was day after show he'd catch himself still doing it. That being said I don't see correlation with having blockages that sever with rec drug use. I also had lengthy conversation with Nasser about where he flat out said he had ecstasy addiction and contributed it towards some of his best conditioning. X was a big problem in bodybuilding community at the time.

Scares me because I partied a ton through my 20s while weighing 300 too. People are always like oh well he did x, y and z too but shit so did I.

also ralox is a much better choice than clomid or nolv bc it helps joints,by putting more estrogen in them increasing bone mineral density. every other serm , clomid, nolva, makes joints a bit more sore. I might be splitting hairs here but with all the joint issues ive had Id rather have everything going for my joints

a serm is a much wiser choice for estrogen related symptoms, than an ai. Ai's make cholestrol worse, Serms itactually improves. Knowledge is power my friends.

didn't want to disparage the guy but I heard him say himself after guess posing he had little problem with coke. Said he would get little towards end of prep and justify saying he'd just use it to get ready but only problem was day after show he'd catch himself still doing it. That being said I don't see correlation with having blockages that sever with rec drug use. I also had lengthy conversation with Nasser about where he flat out said he had ecstasy addiction and contributed it towards some of his best conditioning. X was a big problem in bodybuilding community at the time.

Scares me because I partied a ton through my 20s while weighing 300 too. People are always like oh well he did x, y and z too but shit so did I.

yes partying was big around that time 2002, Craig titus started hosting parties. Chris Cormier, and many other IFBB's living around the scene at the time. Mike Morris has an interview at here. Even Jay would go into the clubs but hed do it maybe a few times a year , and thats it, esp around that time. As long as one is responsible, like with anything.

Out of control estrogen is a bad idea brother. It contributes to causing blood and clots and hepatic adenomas. Yeah gyno sucks, those other things can kill you.

I agree.. But the issues with high blood pressure could be resolved with a simple request to the doctor.. I have said this time and time again that their is no excuse for anyone taking gear to have high blood pressure.. It's a easy fix and a cheap one..

Yeah I am on two drugs for the BP since this was noticed (about 8 years ago) but the damage was done. As I am sure you know once the kidneys are damaged, that's it. The only thing I need to worry about now is that they don't get worse.

I went to a Wieder seminar that he was in one time. And he would be asked questions about training supplements and such. And his reply would be "eat food" that all big guys have gotten by eating large amounts of food.

My blood pressure is great but my HDL is usually around 27.

My doc sys not to worry about it.

And I had crappy HDL numbers before I even started any gear at all.

My old doc said it was hereditary and there wasn't much I could do about it.

I have cut way back on the red meat though.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Iron Mountain 75
NapsGear