over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Mike Matarazzo RIP

Dante-Do you think Dr. Prescribed TRT is also bad for your health. i used to self administer but went 100% legit about 8 months ago and it gives me some piece of mind. Blood work is don't 4 times a year and everything is fine so far.

But is 200mg of TRT Test also harmful on the internal organs? I just love the way i feel on my TRT and hate it when i was off. But wasn't sure if legit TRT is also harmful.

Well if you listen to the ambulance chasers on TV, yes it is. If you listen to the TRT docs, not its not. The truth will lie in the middle, and depend largely on any contributory factors you may have.

Very, very few people are willing to follow a diet like that on a regular basis--that's just the truth. I commend you for your commitment to your health. It will pay dividends for you, especially when you start getting older and remain in good health, while everyone else around you starts falling to pieces.

Ain't this the truth. I give people like Meadows and Shelby credit for eating like that year round and almost never having real cheat meals.

Serious question: What does regular blood work do when one uses AAS in non-clinical amounts? I mean, what is it going to show other than lab values are off while people indeed know why they're off and the way to get them back in normal ranges is to come off?

Its going to show a boatload of info.

Its going to show what compounds to use and more importantly what not to use.

Its going to show why you shouldn't use orals until directly precontest.

Its going to tell you previous to going into kidney failure what you need to do so you aren't on dialysis. Do you know how many guys had no idea what their GFR was before starting to bloat, and get really really tired? Virtually all of them.

Precontest you go for it....lets not kid anyone here.

But the rest of the year you can use things and bloodwork will tell you "whoops definitely cannot use equipoise HCT is at 58...time to drop that from the regimen forever".....bloodwork can tell you so many things and will allow you to tweak things back into your favor.

Your hdl will be effected by testosterone but in no way in hell does it effect it like anavar and other orals which drop it to single digits with longterm and high dosage use. Meanwhile guys who use anavar think they are being "safe".....there is a reason smart pro's try to use it precontest only.

Bloodwork has pretty much figured out for every single bodybuilder what AE/AI to use. The whole reason most people use exemestane is because it has proven out over time to be the most lenient on lipids over arimidex and letrozole.

I see guys all the time say "Well bloodwork isn't going to tell you everything, it wont tell you your calcium score or it wont tell you plaque buildup or cardiomyopathy".....Well geez what is better then? NO BLOODWORK?

I guarantee you almost every single bodybuilder in this forum can use a certain amount of testosterone a week in the offseason and his bloodwork should come out pretty damn good.....his hemo and hematocrit will go up and he has to keep on that but if his blood pressure is in check, he is not going to have liver and kidney values rise, ......he might get a slight drop in hdl.....a clean good diet with good supplements should keep his hdl and ldo very very acceptable. We have gone thru the many things that can help hematocrit and hemoglobin. So there you have testosterone to be used in the offseason. GH will have very little effect on your bloodwork. Dianabol : a compound that virtually over everything else will effect your prostrate to a great degree so there again is a direct position where bloodwork is infinitely important as you see your PSA rise quickly on dianabol.

So maybe the solution is this....certain amount of testosterone...and maybe kick in gh if someone feels strongly about it....kick in low (and I mean low) dose tren if someone feels strongly about it....and maybe you could get away with some low dose masteron (I don't know...have no idea on that one..just throwing it out there)....but I do know anyone in this forum can find a happy medium on testosterone usage....and with testosterone and gh usage if they felt strongly about it.....that wont be good enough for a lot of people so I theorize you might be able to get away with low dose tren maybe 1 to 2 times a week......

but not getting bloodwork and going all year long on stuff (with horrible profiles and liver and kidney values and your a walking potential stroke/clot person to boot)....that's for fools. Especially the guys who think "oh well I did a 50 week cycle and I got off and 6 weeks later I tested....and everything looks fine".....well no shit you are off! What was going on when you were on! You are supposed to have good bloodwork when you are off!!!! Its the 50 weeks of accumulation of plaque and damage to organs that you need to worry about! I am pretty sure Nasser, Kovacs, Mattarrazzo, Duvall, Amsterdam, Wood, Atwood, Youngblood, Hillebrand, Stoilov, Anthony, Prince etc etc etc (before the point they actually damaged their organs) would have pretty normal bloodwork being off for 6-8 weeks......it was the accumulation of all that happened when they were on that mattered.

Last edited:
it is a shame that this thread started with condolences and memories and then went down hill to blaming and ......
RIP Mike i went to one of your seminars once and you gave straight answers to every question.

buck i get your point... i do.... but mike is not going to read this and neither his his wife.....the only people who are going to read this is the people in this forum....and a bunch of RIP's between us really isnt going to amount to anything....but i will tell you what will amount to something.....the next 100 guys who read the information on this thread and say "thats it man i havent done anything to check my health while im on....im going to take the bull by the horns and start checking this stuff out and put as much emphasis on keeping myself healthy as i do reading and researching cycles"

Honestly DC fella, everytime i read your posts their is wisdom to be taken home. You should make some youtube vids , there is NO ONE discussing this in the youtube community. I guess you dont have any time though to be fair.

Dante-Do you think Dr. Prescribed TRT is also bad for your health. i used to self administer but went 100% legit about 8 months ago and it gives me some piece of mind. Blood work is don't 4 times a year and everything is fine so far.

But is 200mg of TRT Test also harmful on the internal organs? I just love the way i feel on my TRT and hate it when i was off. But wasn't sure if legit TRT is also harmful.

Ive gotten this reputation as this goody two shoes health guy, hell ill take it...doesnt matter to me. But lets get down to brass tacks here shall we? Does anyone here think im a lifetime natural bodybuilder? Hell no im not. And this whole dilemna worries me as much as it worries alot of you guys. I never ever ever was as abusive as these guys but what does worry me is the quality of food i ate to get bigger when i was dirt poor.....there was alot of cheap red meat I ate in my 20's and early 30's because I was so dirt poor...so that does sit with me.

Things that I have definitely had thoughts about.

1) alot of the guys in the 70's with heart problems had no control whatsoever on estrogen, none....and ive wondered time and time again with what we know about how bad it is to have rampant estrogen levels if this was their downfall (COE, Padilla, Grymkowski, and others with heart problems) Dangers of Excess Estrogen in the Aging Male - Life Extension

2) Insulins use role in all this. The 80's bodybuilders seem by and large to be ok so far but the 90's bodybuilders and 2000's not so much.

3) Sleep Apnea-I think its freaking rampant and I truly believe a large part of the heart problems you are seeing is the refusal or unrecognized damage sleep apnea does in the bodybuilding community. We know some of the smaller guys abuse themselves with drugs but the really large guys are dying.....the really large guys have so much muscularture I am positive virtually all of them have sleep apnea....just like the epidemic of sleep apnea with all the large linemen in the NFL. I tend to doubt Reggie White and Michael Clarke Duncan where using insulin or where going to the degree that bodybuilders do with drugs....but they both had sleep apnea and both died in their sleep young....you get a 28 year old bodybuilder and he is putting incredible stress on his heart every single night he sleeps for 12 years because he refuses to do something about it....there is going to be a problem and he is most likely going to die in his 40's. There isnt a genre of people on this planet who have more muscular necks then bodybuilders....and i think this is a gigantic piece of the problem.

4) Juice...if there was some way somehow to make your hormonal levels at 26 years old stay the exact same from 40 to 90 years old...i think that would be a fountain of youth and quality of life that would be unsurpassed. The problem is people skewer this amount way too high and dont take care of these problems over here. Do i think Mike Mattarrazzo would still be alive today if back in lets say 1990 he went to a doctor to run regular blood panels at 4 months intervals? Yes i do. The solution might have been "sorry mike you are going to drop all that red meat because your cholesterol is 348 and your ldl is off the charts...I know you dont want to do it but you are going to have to use protein powders for your protein intake and make up your calories with carbs"...boom gigantic drop in cholesterol.....next "mike your hdl is this, and mike this is off and this is off....this is what we need to do"......that scenario even though it didnt happen I believe would have changed everything.

5) I dont know if TRT is safe....you are talking to a guy who has been on TRT himself since 2008/2009....but even before that i was getting my bloodwork done, not as regularly as I would have liked but sporadically. i only had one ever that really freaked me out, and i U-turned and made major changes and decisions. In one months time after that i retested and it was beyond stellar. I ate chicken and rice and protein drinks for an entire month i was so upset with myself. And although that bloodwork is what i perceived as bad....it is a 18 year old girls bloodwork compared to what ive seen guys put up on this board. I was just doing my thing and eating badly...thinking i was ok while i was doing my regular ergo regimen....and it wasnt ok and my lipids for the first time ever were well off the norm. I think that was back in 2007. Never had anything before it like that and never anything close since....but bloodwork told me "hey get your freaking crappy fat laden eating in check bro"

As far as yourself...I dont see how TRT could be harmful....and i could see how lack of TRT and haveing so low testosterone and high estrogen could be very harmful. Also lets be blunt...if a guy in here proves he can use 600mg of testosterone a week and his bloodwork checks out as stellar...more power to you bro...Im not making that suggestion but who am I to tell you if you have proven to yourself over time what you can and cannot do. There is nobody in this community i would ever suggest to give up their quality of life, their goals in life, and what they want to do bodybuilding wise.... and if anyone reading me thinks im telling you to get off...IM NOT....im just trying to get people to get pro-active and dont let anything bad happen to you. You can accomplish what you want (maybe a little slower and not as freaky) if you can find a happy medium between usage and health.

Last edited:
My condolences to mikes family and pray they find solace asap in his passing,

With that said i have a q for dante-

Do u believe mk2-7 will cause any issues being combined with nattokinase or serrapeptase?

Ive read conflicting reviews in using the mk and natto together....

Sent from my iPP using Tapatrash

My condolences to mikes family and pray they find solace asap in his passing,

With that said i have a q for dante-

Do u believe mk2-7 will cause any issues being combined with nattokinase or serrapeptase?

Ive read conflicting reviews in using the mk and natto together....

Sent from my iPP using Tapatrash

MK7/k2 > natto ...so, easy decision there. Use baby aspirin instead?

I should add I still stand by my previous post for obvious reasons. But it was unneeded to write f off. The guys reaper post pissed me off as I had just received very bad news regarding my dad. But still who thinks like that... what a depressing person.

Great posts DC. I actually said to myself I will pretty much 1/2 my oral usage the other day. I plan to use an odd adrol kickstart etc but been using them too much in the last 6 months. I don't use high doses but my breaks have been minimal.

Very, very few people are willing to follow a diet like that on a regular basis--that's just the truth. I commend you for your commitment to your health. It will pay dividends for you, especially when you start getting older and remain in good health, while everyone else around you starts falling to pieces.

For me Mike I have a child and love life. I love this whole get big thing but for those who have it as the "be all end all" well...get a hobby. There is a lot more to life. That get big and leave a big corpse talk is so foolish.

The other part is I do have an advanced degree and am in the medical field and although i don't have the science of anabolics down anywhere even close to you I get it. I understand your posts, the science, the evidence. As you pointed out we do know a lot! People just need to pay attention.

I think some respectfully read your posts (and others) and say "fuck it we don't really know what these things do time to get big and die young brahs"

to refocus the thread on Mike, May he rest in peace

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apAQXLRCwfs"]Mike Matarazzo Profile and Posing - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlGzI-gl7eg"]Bodybuilder Mike Matarazzo Short Clip Double Biceps Pose - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
it is a shame that this thread started with condolences and memories and then went down hill to blaming and ......
RIP Mike i went to one of your seminars once and you gave straight answers to every question.

I disagree in this one case. I think what mike would love is for us to talk about this stuff.

I know some think this may be disrespectful to Mike's memory...I assure you it is not and I feel that way very strongly.

Mike talked about the drug stuff a lot....very publicly and how much it bothered him.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ko1SEYlhOsU"]'02 All Star Seminar with Ray, Wheeler, Jackson, Levrone, Priest, James, Cormier, and Matarazo - #2 - YouTube[/ame]

I have no doubt in my mind this is how he would want to be remembered in discussion. A way that isn't to just argue but to really discuss health, bodybuilding, and how to take care of ourselves.

This is the stuff that memorializes Mike. I have no doubt about that at all.

I know some think this may be disrespectful to Mike's memory...I assure you it is not and I feel that way very strongly.

Mike talked about the drug stuff a lot....very publicly and how much it bothered him.

'02 All Star Seminar with Ray, Wheeler, Jackson, Levrone, Priest, James, Cormier, and Matarazo - #2 - YouTube

I have no doubt in my mind this is how he would want to be remembered in discussion. A way that isn't to just argue but to really discuss health, bodybuilding, and how to take care of ourselves.

This is the stuff that memorializes Mike. I have no doubt about that at all.

Exactly. Everyone hear acting as the "health talk" is some kind of disrespect to Mike apparently doesn't have a clue what was important to Mike. I have no doubt at all that Mike would MUCH rather have guys warned about the health risks that these drugs pose and how to potentially circumvent them, than seeing people post a bunch of "RIPS" all over the screen, which as Dante pointed out, doesn't mean much of shit.

When it came to BB'ing, all Mike seemed to do, whenever he spoke publically over the last 10 years, was warn guys about the dangers of drugs and those who personally communicated with him will tell you the same--that he was constantly admonishing guys not to sacrifice their health for the sport. Yet, how many people here are telling us to politely "shut-up" for spreading the same message?

Do I think Mike would like people to remember the great BB'rs he was? Sure I do...and there is definitely a place for posting videos and remembering Mike as a competitor, but at the same time, like I said above, I have no doubt that Mike would much rather see memories of his BB'ing career take a side seat compared to helping guys protect themselves. So, if there is anyway to respect Mike's memory, I think propagating the message he himself felt was important is the best way to do it. Mike was one of my favorite BB'rs and one of my original inspirations.

Exactly. Everyone hear acting as the "health talk" is some kind of disrespect to Mike apparently doesn't have a clue what was important to Mike. I have no doubt at all that Mike would MUCH rather have guys warned about the health risks that these drugs pose and how to potentially circumvent them, than seeing people post a bunch of "RIPS" all over the screen, which as Dante pointed out, doesn't mean much of shit.

When it came to BB'ing, all Mike seemed to do, whenever he spoke publically over the last 10 years, was warn guys about the dangers of drugs and those who personally communicated with him will tell you the same--that he was constantly admonishing guys not to sacrifice their health for the sport. Yet, how many people here are telling us to politely "shut-up" for spreading the same message?

Do I think Mike would like people to remember the great BB'rs he was? Sure I do...and there is definitely a place for posting videos and remembering Mike as a competitor, but at the same time, like I said above, I have no doubt that Mike would much rather see memories of his BB'ing career take a side seat compared to helping guys protect themselves. So, if there is anyway to respect Mike's memory, I think propagating the message he himself felt was important is the best way to do it. Mike was one of my favorite BB'rs and one of my original inspirations.

Some people it my wake up and start thinking about health. AAS can be and is very beneficial if is used smart.

Maybe I'm just not caught up to whose recently past away...

But it seems like the guys I've heard of the past couple years have been the big guys in the 90's ie. guys who were really pushing HGH and insulin...

Seems to me that most of the stars in the 70s and 80s, or at least the majority, are still here..

Is this just my perception or is there any truth to this?

Too much red meat? Is that all it is?

Matt Duvall, Art Atwood, Don Youngblood, Luke Wood, Nasser El Sonbaty, Craig Kovacs, Derek Anthony, Ed Kawak, Daneile Seccarricci, Anthony D'arrezzo, Frank Hillebrand, Ed Van Amsterdam, Stoili Stoilov all called, they would like their lives back.

HGH/Insulin era dudes...

After seeing some scary stuff happen to some of my friends (I'm 27)...the main thing that they all did was big HGH and insulin doses....The guys I know who have kept it straight to gear, are for the most part fine.

HGH/Insulin era dudes...

After seeing some scary stuff happen to some of my friends (I'm 27)...the main thing that they all did was big HGH and insulin doses....The guys I know who have kept it straight to gear, are for the most part fine.

I wish I had never touched HGH. I don't think I would have needed my aortic root replaced had I never used it. Made me hold so much water combined with such high calories.

Staff online

• MikeS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear
NapsGear