advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Mike Matarazzo talks about the dangers of steroid use.

thethinker48

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
RIP Mike. Saw this on Youtube, and made me feel sad for the guy; he pretty much predicted what would happen to him. Everyone that knew Mike on a personal level talked very highly of him.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5B7NNvgNEw"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5B7NNvgNEw[/ame]

Nice find, I like Maz , he seems like one of the guys.

Very well said.

110% or expect to regret it!

Met Mike in mid 90's - hung out over the weekend of a show with a group of us. Super nice guy. He was so freaky in person - arms and calves were insane.

The way he talks about it was as If he was only talking about pre competition.

Great video ! One of my favorite bodybuilders from that era!

RIP Big Mike

On that note - the video that made me know who Mike was [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjNOouBPWAo"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjNOouBPWAo[/ame]

The other bbers are like "uggghh I dont know what hes talking about"

Mike was the first pro I ever met 16 years ago. He was very nice to me although we only talked for a minute. I remember looking down from a balcony when he walked in the hotel and you could tell as he was 2x as thick as everyone from an overhead view. Ha

He was one of my favorites. Always massive but a beautiful build at the same time, great guy too apparently. Thanks for posting...

Little known facts:

a) Mike and I dated the same girl named Debbie back in the day who also was a swimwear model of note in Florida and posed for penthouse once.

b) Mattarrazzo and I (didnt know each other) almost came to blows outside of the Palace Nightclub in Boston in the parking lot. I saw Debbie in her car (windows were tinted) and went to talk to her (I had already broken up with her previously but thought i could pull a late nite hookup for old times sake) didnt realize Mattarrazzo was in passenger seat...and it escalated from there...

c) He later became pro and by all accounts was a great guy from many sources. Most impressive about him was he was insanely wide across the shoulders.

d) couldnt imagine having heart surgery in your 30's and dying in your 40's

Little known facts:

a) Mike and I dated the same girl named Debbie back in the day who also was a swimwear model of note in Florida and posed for penthouse once.

b) Mattarrazzo and I (didnt know each other) almost came to blows outside of the Palace Nightclub in Boston in the parking lot. I saw Debbie in her car (windows were tinted) and went to talk to her (I had already broken up with her previously but thought i could pull a late nite hookup for old times sake) didnt realize Mattarrazzo was in passenger seat...and it escalated from there...

c) He later became pro and by all accounts was a great guy from many sources. Most impressive about him was he was insanely wide across the shoulders.

d) couldnt imagine having heart surgery in your 30's and dying in your 40's

DC, I love when you post things like this! Awesome!

Good post ALLEX, yeah, I remember those calves way back when I was a kid, seeing them in the muscle rags. He was to calves what Platz was to thighs.

Good post DC also btw. fun stuff.

Last edited:
I met Mike at my first bodybuilding show. He was the guest poser and we pumped up together back stage and talked. He was disgusted by the pressure the judges put on him and his fellow competitors to come in bigger and harder at each successive show. This was in 1995. He told me he will probably be dead in a few years with the way the sport was going. Mike was a very nice man and very open and honest.

DC, I love when you post things like this! Awesome!

Here ill do you one better. Here is the girl.......I was going to put her whole pic up but thought (i could get in trouble if i do so)...so i cropped it

(on second thought im going to delete...Im going to get in trouble one way or the other with this...LOL)

Last edited:
dam it seems like there was more to that interview ,anyone got the whole thing with flex and others talking ,or was that it

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Iron Mountain 75
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws