over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Mike Mentzer Profile

animal71

Banned
How many of you guys admire Mike Mentzer? I find his physique amazing, and he was a top guy during his time. We've talked about it on evo, and everyone really like his HIT method. Anyone train HIT now?

I like mikes physique... But if you read the old musclemag international magazine articles where they actually followed him around during his training it was diffinitely not hit... He came up with the very low volume training later.. He did for financial reasons , obviously, work for nautilus and espouse their " greatness" ect.. I attended a mentor seminar when I was in high school.. All he would talk about was logic and various theories that had little to do with bodybuilding lol.. But hit seems to go in waves.. It gets a revival every few years ..

How many of you guys admire Mike Mentzer? I find his physique amazing, and he was a top guy during his time. We've talked about it on evo, and everyone really like his HIT method. Anyone train HIT now?

I always like both MENTZERS Ray and Mike. Both had outstanding physiques. I do believe there is a time and place for HIT and I do practice its use from time to time.

Mike went down a very bad path for awhile.. Mentally ill.. Taking numerous rec drugs.. Kinda got his act together and knew he could make money from his old hit teachings again,, he was at one time really pulling in the bank.. Put the way he actually trained in his prime and the way he taught were very different..

Did he die from a heroin overdose? Or am I thinking Paul Demayo.

Died in his sleep, heart failure

Attachments

• images (13).jpg
    images (13).jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 465
My favorite of all time, even by today's standards this pic is awesome!

Attachments

• mikementzer4.jpg
    mikementzer4.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 477
What addictions?
Word on the streets is he would eat his own poop because the protein was pre digested and superior. Anyone else hear about this?

no from my understanding he talked of drinking his own urine for the amino acids

I've studied HIT and still do it, but his theory of one set to failure won't work because nobody has that kind of mind muscle connection

by his own admission he used a lot of cocaine and only slept 3 hours a night

I was also thinking the same too. I don't think he build his physique by what he preached. He preached HIT and workouts can go as far as 5-7 days apart.

I was told he build his frame by high volume, high frequency training.

I like mikes physique... But if you read the old musclemag international magazine articles where they actually followed him around during his training it was diffinitely not hit... He came up with the very low volume training later.. He did for financial reasons , obviously, work for nautilus and espouse their " greatness" ect.. I attended a mentor seminar when I was in high school.. All he would talk about was logic and various theories that had little to do with bodybuilding lol.. But hit seems to go in waves.. It gets a revival every few years ..

He did basically a typical workout.. 2 or 3 acclimation sets then one all out set.. Three exercises per muscle group ect.. But in mikes mind the build up sets didn't count.. Only the one to failure.. If that's the case Arnold did hit also lol.. I still have the old magazines that followed him around.. Mikes only th ing he did different was he didn't belueve in counting reps or shooting for a certain rep zone.,milf he did 4 to failure then he was happy.. If it ended up being 12 reps to failure he didn't care.. On one e excise I believe he did the pec deck for 3 heavy reps with slow negatives to failure on his last set..

His physique is phenomenal, if only he were taller it would be perfect.

Mike avocates resting as long as your strength increases the next workout which could be as high as 10 days till your next workout.

For example, each session you must increase in strength. Rest as many days till your strength increase the next session. For some, it could be 3 days, for other 7 or even 10 days.

To me thats too infrequent.

I worked with a guy who had once been a disciplined bodybuilder but was now addicted to rec drugs and only would workout 1 or 2x a week. When he did he would be completely cracked out and do one absurd drop set per exercise... For example 5 wheels on bench, then 4, 3, 2, 1, at which point he was purple. actually helped keep pretty much all his size. He died at age 38.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws