over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Mike Mentzer Video Series: HIT Training, Nutrition, Etc

USMuscle9403

Registered
Just found these recently, and they're all read by Mike Mentzer. You can hear his crazy ass for himself lol. I'm kidding, dude was an icon and still one of my favorite physiques. There may be more, I just haven't gotten to them yet.

His early Arthur Jones HIT-adaptions were good imo but he went crazy (literally as well lol) afterwards with his 1 workout every 14 days or so. I do mostly agree with him and Arthur Jones regarding nutrition. (ie. bodybuilders massively overeating protein)

Obviously a brilliant guy but his OCD caused him to go to extremes with otherwise very sound principles. I still credit him with being the main pioneer of lower volume training. Not to take anything away from Arthur Jones, Mentzer was just more well known for being the face of it. I agree with him about overconsumption of protein, also, even though I very greedily eat all I can.

He didn't mention anything magical about ice cream, damnit. He would eat it all the way through contest prep... Lol.

i am sure that he is correct that most people do too much in the gym and train too often.
But i am not sure 1 session every 7 or 10 days for 20minutes would lead to any growth..?

i am sure that he is correct that most people do too much in the gym and train too often.
But i am not sure 1 session every 7 or 10 days for 20minutes would lead to any growth..?

It will, just not even close to optimal for most. He went to extremes with training frequency.

Mike just looked like a badass with that dense balanced muscle and that killer mustache! When I think of the definition of a ‘man’ and image of Mike mentor always pops into my head!

Mike was a beast.. I don’t know if I had ever heard his voice before? Thats kinda fun to listen to some of those, thanks for posting.
I read his books/writing all the time when I was getting into lifting weights. Mike, Dorain Yates and of course Arthur jones were well ahead of their time back then.

I can't see that working neither.

Mike just looked like a badass with that dense balanced muscle and that killer mustache! When I think of the definition of a ‘man’ and image of Mike mentor always pops into my head!

Mike was a beast.. I don’t know if I had ever heard his voice before? Thats kinda fun to listen to some of those, thanks for posting.
I read his books/writing all the time when I was getting into lifting weights. Mike, Dorain Yates and of course Arthur jones were well ahead of their time back then.

Arthur Jones was the real genius imo. The Nautilus Bulletins are a great read and I highly suggest anyone to read them if they have the time. Just Google 'Nautilus Bulletins' and you should be able to find them.

Some of the best gains I ever made were training 4 days straight then taking 4 days off I had no choice at the time and had to train that way still remember telling one of my buddy’s that and him saying “I’d never grow doing that” but it worked well for me mind boggling to me till this day but Can’t argue with results

Arthur Jones was the real genius imo. The Nautilus Bulletins are a great read and I highly suggest anyone to read them if they have the time. Just Google 'Nautilus Bulletins' and you should be able to find them.

Arthur Jones was in the stratosphere, IQ wise. He was also extremely wealthy and was able to pour lots and lots of money into his often eccentric passions. His original Nautilus equipment is pure gold, I wish they still made that stuff. We had an old pullover at my last gym and we treated that thing like a false idol lol. We had quite a lot of that stuff at my last gym. The owner, who had no interest in working out so he didn't know what he had, bought a shit load of old Nautilus for cheap. I still haven't found many machines that can replicate that stuff.

Arthur Jones was in the stratosphere, IQ wise. He was also extremely wealthy and was able to pour lots and lots of money into his often eccentric passions. His original Nautilus equipment is pure gold, I wish they still made that stuff. We had an old pullover at my last gym and we treated that thing like a false idol lol. We had quite a lot of that stuff at my last gym. The owner, who had no interest in working out so he didn't know what he had, bought a shit load of old Nautilus for cheap. I still haven't found many machines that can replicate that stuff.

Unfortunately I've never been able to use one :cry: But the gyms in Belgium are poorly equipped, even Hammer Strength machines are a rarity. You Americans are very lucky to have the gyms you have, it's basically a bodybuilding-paradise (or it would really be if gear were legal as well lol). Even say a Planet Fitness from what I've seen is better equipped than what I have at my disposal here.

Unfortunately I've never been able to use one :cry: But the gyms in Belgium are poorly equipped, even Hammer Strength machines are a rarity. You Americans are very lucky to have the gyms you have, it's basically a bodybuilding-paradise (or it would really be if gear were legal as well lol). Even say a Planet Fitness from what I've seen is better equipped than what I have at my disposal here.
Everyone here doesn’t have access to amazing gyms. The closest gym to me is a little over an hour away just to get there and it’s nothing special. Dumbbells only go up to 75s. There’s a squat rack, (cage) an Olympic bench and a smith machine. Two preacher curls, one for free weights and one machine. There’s a basic leg press that doesn’t even hold more than 1000lbs. A pull down center on the cable crossover machine and a few treadmills. As basic as it is it still beats what I have at home although I am accumulating more equipment every time my funds allow. I hear a lot of ppl talking about affordable GH and I don’t blame them lol but most of the time I’m thinking of ways to just buy more weights food or equipment. I feel like better equipment would help me way more than 4iu a day lol ( but I’m yet to run Gh so maybe I’m wrong there lol )

oh yea I’ve never ever had the luxury of trying any of hammer strengths equipment just old school slag iron for me since day one

For me high carb diet when cutting is best diet that exist. Guy had a very sound approach to bb

Anyone have any arthur jones routines they can share ?

Would like to try

Still my favorite pic of all time.
I've heard it said he built that body with conventional training the Heavy Duty stuff came later.

Attachments

• d-N7SOAPV36n9fWHzNxveFBImCKTGbNVS3fXDgSuGgA.jpg
    d-N7SOAPV36n9fWHzNxveFBImCKTGbNVS3fXDgSuGgA.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 16
I've heard it said he built that body with conventional training the Heavy Duty stuff came later.

I had always wondered that. In fact, I'm pretty sure he didn't train quite the way he recommended others to train. Hard to find any of his old, actual training info or footage, though. I don't think he quite ate the way he told others to, either.

Yes, that is true if my memory serves. I remember he wrote somewhere that he built
his body training with a split routine, training 4 times per week. Wish I could remember
where I read this but I don't. A lot of bridge under the water since then ;) His brother
Mike, again, if memory serves, was at his all time biggest and strongest when he was
training at the Nautilus HQ, Lake Helen, in Florida

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
locoslave
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity