over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Mike Tyson on Bullying

thethinker48

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UO0KJyElr7w"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UO0KJyElr7w[/ame]

I really like this excerpt from an interview Mike Tyson did for GQ about a boxing documentary. You can see how these early experiences shaped Mike Tyson; the anger is still there. I think bullying very early on in a kid's life can dramatically change the way they turn out, some for the better, some for the worse.

This guy was one of the scariest human beings to ever walk the face of this earth, and it's mind boggling how he went through some of this stuff as a child.

I will be interested to watch this series when it comes out. I always enjoyed watching his fights...

Mike Tyson doesn't sound very smart but people who know him say he's a very intelligent guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I remember i was heavily bullied because i had diffirent color.. remember walking t8 school stressed as fuck and whising i had a shotgun so i could kill all the bullies... i once tried suicide by stabbing myself in the chest when i was 10yo. And it ended i cried on a grassy field for hours... i thinked it shaped me for who i am now.. got heavily in drugs and started to be extremly violent. Which ended in jail time... im not bitter anymore. My life is ok now

I remember i was heavily bullied because i had diffirent color.. remember walking t8 school stressed as fuck and whising i had a shotgun so i could kill all the bullies... i once tried suicide by stabbing myself in the chest when i was 10yo. And it ended i cried on a grassy field for hours... i thinked it shaped me for who i am now.. got heavily in drugs and started to be extremly violent. Which ended in jail time... im not bitter anymore. My life is ok now
Jesus Christ man :eek:

Sorry to hear, hope you're doing better now

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I don't know about that.
Actually, Tyson is a very intelligent and well read guy. No, he didn't graduate from Harvard or Stanford, but there are TONS of individuals that are blessed with different types of intelligence that come from life experiences.

Actually, Tyson is a very intelligent and well read guy. No, he didn't graduate from Harvard or Stanford, but there are TONS of individuals that are blessed with different types of intelligence that come from life experiences.

Well said, and intelligence doesn't require a certificate. We've all seen Good Will Hunting ;)

Great example of operant conditioning of the environment you grow up in. You get beat up by bullies? Stab the bully, =no more busted lips=life better

This is why I think it's retarded we have gotten away from letting kids fist fight when they are little.(within reason). I was an obese kid and a teachers pet. I was target #1 on the playground when the teacher wasn't around. It didn't stop until I took boxing lessons for awhile and learned to have a backbone. In 6th grade I had enough and dropped the school bully with a cross right to the nose. The bully's stopped after I started throwing hands.

Now we have "safe zones", and other useless anti-bully shit.

I was an army brat so constantly moving from school to school and always being the "new kid"

Didn't take long for me to figure out that the best way to put a stop to being bullied was to get right to being as aggressive and violent with them as I could from the moment it first started and teach them and everyone else a lesson....

Not the best way but it definitely worked lol

Worst part was my parents sent me to private catholic schools because the public schools were usually pretty "ghetto", especially on base in Germany, but the catholic school nuns and teachers would just say "so and so wouldn't do that" so telling them never helped

I think it carried over into adulthood cause I get pretty aggressive and "abrasive" as my boss calls it, when people talk down to me.

But whatevs!!

Last edited:

Congratulations on making it back from the ledge.

Bullying is what caused me to get into weightlifting and martial arts at around 13. Was tired of being afraid. By the time I turned 16. I had put on some size and it had tapered off some, but not all. Grew up in a red neck nightmare. By the time I was 19 the bullies in my little shitty town wanted to be friends(I was bigger, and worked at the local gym). FUCK them. Now those bullies, are dead, or have little shitty lives.
I will say it did motivate me to do more in life. Want more. Move away from the arm pit of the US. Guess you could say i am still a little bitter.:D

Agreed,when it comes to Boxing Tyson is a walking encyclopedia.That's part of the reason he was as good as a boxer as he was and still is.I don't care what people say I wouldn't want to get hit by him to this day.The power and speed he had was awesome.

Tyson was a great fighter, but a piece of garbage human being. Would love to ask him if biting off somebody`s ear counts as bullying. Now he is blaming Cus d`amato for shaping him into a bad person. Does Cus at least get credit for making him champion and millionaire then? Who does he blame for getting arrested for possession of cocaine in his 40`s?

Great example of operant conditioning of the environment you grow up in. You get beat up by bullies? Stab the bully, =no more busted lips=life better

This is why I think it's retarded we have gotten away from letting kids fist fight when they are little.(within reason). I was an obese kid and a teachers pet. I was target #1 on the playground when the teacher wasn't around. It didn't stop until I took boxing lessons for awhile and learned to have a backbone. In 6th grade I had enough and dropped the school bully with a cross right to the nose. The bully's stopped after I started throwing hands.

Now we have "safe zones", and other useless anti-bully shit.

A had a similar situation. I didn't get bullied too much myself except one day by the worst bully in my grade on the playground. I think this was about 4th grade. His name was Tony and he was always getting into fights. He had flunked 4th grade so he was a year older than all of us. The thing though is he was rather short, but still looked tough because he wasn't real skinny. He could fight. He was always bullying the others and one day I guess he thought he would mess with me.

I cant remember what he did but I pushed him down in the grass and got on top of him, kinda like how fighters mount guys now in MMA. I punched him in the face about 3 times. One of the teachers on playground duty saw us and just left us alone, let me do my thing.

A few days later it seemed like he had stopped bullying kids on the playground and we actually started talking and became friendly with one another. Like you say, it is a shame that kids cant learn this lesson now because the schools today baby everyone so bad. After that I never saw Tony mess with anyone again and I saw him as a good guy. I think I earned his respect and he learned what it feels like to be pinned down and pummeled. He told me how his father had left his mother and some other things that showed me how shitty his home life was compared to mine.

Tyson was a great fighter, but a piece of garbage human being. Would love to ask him if biting off somebody`s ear counts as bullying. Now he is blaming Cus d`amato for shaping him into a bad person. Does Cus at least get credit for making him champion and millionaire then? Who does he blame for getting arrested for possession of cocaine in his 40`s?

I think you are being way to harsh on him. Mike has shown humility and redemption on a massive scale.

Additionally, the pressure of his lifestyle and fighting have necessitated survival skills that were almost primal in nature - and had to be in order that he survive or thrive. These are no ordinary circumstances, and they should be carefully weighed when you judge Mike Tyson.

I think you are being way to harsh on him. Mike has shown humility and redemption on a massive scale.

Additionally, the pressure of his lifestyle and fighting have necessitated survival skills that were almost primal in nature - and had to be in order that he survive or thrive. These are no ordinary circumstances, and they should be carefully weighed when you judge Mike Tyson.

Ok. I won't judge his domestic abuse against first wife or the rape allegation he served years for either. A leader does not set example by listing excuses but by showing what is the right thing to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc