over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Mike Tyson's crazy genetics

I think it's fair to factor that in when debating raw punching power. I believe in comparing apples with apples... I think Holmes testimony bears weight, but did Holmes ever take a FULL force cocked back swing from Tyson like he did Shavers to compare?

I think Holyfields testimony should be taken with a grain of salt, not that he wasn't being truthful, but because Mike Tyson was washed up by that point. He was just never the same fighter he was before he got locked up.

Tape doesn't lie, Tyson just didn't show the same speed, power and ferocity on film in his fights during his comeback that he did before getting locked up.

It's actually very impressive to think that he was able to legitimately compete for the undisputed champ while being "washed up".

I completely get what you're saying

But it wasn't JUST power, it was accuracy. If you've sparred, you know that it's the shots you don't see coming, and don't necessarily require the most force behind them that knock you down.

Roy Jones Jr has a ridiculous knockout reel, you should go check it out. You wouldn't call him the most powerful puncher, but his speed (like tyson) and natural gift for perception and distance made him knock guys out with one arm behind his back (literally).

I could probably take a full force punch from George Foreman on my arm and live, but a properly timed cross from Floyd Mayweather would put me out, and I outweigh him by 40 lbs.

I completely get what you're saying

But it wasn't JUST power, it was accuracy. If you've sparred, you know that it's the shots you don't see coming, and don't necessarily require the most force behind them that knock you down.

Roy Jones Jr has a ridiculous knockout reel, you should go check it out. You wouldn't call him the most powerful puncher, but his speed (like tyson) and natural gift for perception and distance made him knock guys out with one arm behind his back (literally).

I could probably take a full force punch from George Foreman on my arm and live, but a properly timed cross from Floyd Mayweather would put me out, and I outweigh him by 40 lbs.

I agree 100%. Spot on.

To add to what you are saying, it's having the full fist and body behind the punch, if you know what i mean.

I think the best comparison would taking an All-Pro NFL DT, like an Aaron Donald, and comparing them to an All-Pro LB, like Ray Lewis (prime years). Aaron Donald is probably more powerful... But who would you rather get hit by?

Roy Jones Jr was fuckin dope. And not a bad rapper, either! Lol

Mike on Venice Beach, posing with fans and being really friendly.

Mike on Venice Beach, posing with fans and being really friendly.

It's a curse to be that famous

People just come up to you expecting a photo, putting their hands on you, no regard for personal space. Props to Mike for keeping his composure (although I'm sure he wanted to knock out that crazy dude yelling about biting a ear)

It's a curse to be that famous

People just come up to you expecting a photo, putting their hands on you, no regard for personal space. Props to Mike for keeping his composure (although I'm sure he wanted to knock out that crazy dude yelling about biting a ear)
LOL. I think that guy might be mentally handicapped.

Tyson is training with Brad Rowe now. Should be interesting what results he can get...

Tyson is training with Brad Rowe now. Should be interesting what results he can get...

Sound like he's becoming part of Mike's entourage! That would be sweet.

Mike's biggest enemy was Mike himself. From 86-89 with Kevin Rooney, the footwork, the head movement, the angles from which he setup shots, everything was terminator like perfect. I'd pair up any heavyweight champion in history as a competitive fight for this Mike Tyson.

Guy had nothing growing up, came from an abusive background, and was launched into fame at a young age where snakes surrounded him. It still boggles my mind what it would be like for someone at 20 years old to be the heavyweight champ of the world (especially during a time when boxing was at it's peak).

Zero financial knowledge, or long term planning; you bleed through $300 million dollars and declare bankruptcy.
Tyson never got the $300 million. His Managers spent it for him.

It looks like Mike will be fighting Roy Jones Jr. on Sept. 12. Even though Mike is 54 and Roy is 51, it should be a good fight.

Mikes bigger, and more powerful

Roy has still been in the game, and probably more conditioned to go the 8 rounds compared to Mike

Can't say this wont be a popular fight...as much as I hate to see any great fighter make a comeback, I'll be watching

Roy wasnt a natural heavy weight. I wonder how much he will weigh coming in? Im with the thinker, I would put my money on Roy since he should be fresher because he was in the ring more recently. Both at their best I think Tyson would have knocked him out, but Roy is tough! I will want to watch this one. Ive never dropped cash for PPV, but can see doing it for this as long as it looks like the 2 of them are in good shape and its not just some theater show.

The peek a boo style cus taught was tailor made for Tysons build.

Roy wasnt a natural heavy weight. I wonder how much he will weigh coming in? Im with the thinker, I would put my money on Roy since he should be fresher because he was in the ring more recently. Both at their best I think Tyson would have knocked him out, but Roy is tough! I will want to watch this one. Ive never dropped cash for PPV, but can see doing it for this as long as it looks like the 2 of them are in good shape and its not just some theater show.

Maybe 200 lbs if he's decently conditioned

He was as a light heavyweight in his prime, which was up to 180 I think

It's like Holyfield who started off lighter and even as a heavyweight wasn't that big. Fought and beat a tank like Foreman though

I wish Tyson and Jones weren't fighting. I can't help but feel like it's a bad idea. Tyson last fought in 2005, 15 years ago and Roy Jones Jr. last fought in 2018. It's supposed to be an exhibition. By the way these two are talking it doesn't sound like a true exhibition fight.

Definition for an exhibition fight...

"An exhibition fight is a contact sports non-profit event, usually a boxing fight in which participants fight, normally for three rounds. They may wear large gloves to minimize punch harm or impact on the combatants, headgear, and non-boxing related clothing."

My questions...

- Non prof it for who?
- This is 8 rounds not 3.
- Will they really wear larger gloves, headgear and non boxing related clothing?

Id like to see them do a regular bout, as long as both are cleared to do so by the boxing commission. There is no issue as long as both are declared fit to do so.

I wish Tyson and Jones weren't fighting. I can't help but feel like it's a bad idea. Tyson last fought in 2005, 15 years ago and Roy Jones Jr. last fought in 2018. It's supposed to be an exhibition. By the way these two are talking it doesn't sound like a true exhibition fight.

Definition for an exhibition fight...

"An exhibition fight is a contact sports non-profit event, usually a boxing fight in which participants fight, normally for three rounds. They may wear large gloves to minimize punch harm or impact on the combatants, headgear, and non-boxing related clothing."

My questions...

- Non prof it for who?
- This is 8 rounds not 3.
- Will they really wear larger gloves, headgear and non boxing related clothing?

I agree

Tyson has that same ferocity back if you listen to him talk in interviews

Even if Roy is open to a gentleman's agreement, it won't work for kid dynamite.

It's either early KO or TKO for Tyson, or Roy takes him in the deep waters.

I hate to say this but didn't we all get suckered into the Kevin Levrone comeback and then he showed up with no legs.
So as long as Mike hits the squats and syntherol we are all good? Right?

Dave Allen? lol.. He is a tough kid, but he isn't no where near explosive as Tyson. Tyson would destroy him. And Dave Allen hasn't really fought anyone either. His biggest notable fight was a TKO of Lucas Browne, who was out of his prime. And I dont think he has ever held or won a belt either.. If he did fight Tyson, it would just be a big pay day for him and thats it.
I interpreted it as him saying, "Hey, I am NOT that great and I believe I would even beat him, therefore this is not a good idea."

George Foreman on Tyson and RJJ

Love George's honesty, and realism about older fighters. He's one of the few who came back successfully, and still kept his wits successfully post retirement.

Roy on the big fight! September 12.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner