over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Military drug testing for AAS

rotty

Registered
Does anyone know if the you get tested for AAS when at MEPS when going for a commission?

Does anyone know if the you get tested for AAS when at MEPS when going for a commission?

I was in the Navy and got tested several times when I should have been dirty. I was told by a lab tech that due to cost, they only check for pot and cocaine every day except thursday when they check for other drugs of abuse. I don't think they test for gear unless someone snitches on you are someone becomes suspicious and requests it.

Hey bro, you're good. That test has to be recommended by a commander. Commander must have probable cause to give the test. It is never given during initial entry. Speaking from experience, current active duty and was on AAS when going through MEPS.

Hey bro, you're good. That test has to be recommended by a commander. Commander must have probable cause to give the test. It is never given during initial entry. Speaking from experience, current active duty and was on AAS when going through MEPS.

:yeahthat: 100% Correct ...the military only test for rec drugs. :)

Thanks bro. I have been sitting on some test and winny waiting for the paperwork to go through. I think its taking a lot longer because I am prior service. I want to start my cycle but I've been afraid if I do they will test for it and I'll lose the opportunity. If they don't test and I'm good to go...game on! hahaha

Thanks bro. I have been sitting on some test and winny waiting for the paperwork to go through. I think its taking a lot longer because I am prior service. I want to start my cycle but I've been afraid if I do they will test for it and I'll lose the opportunity. If they don't test and I'm good to go...game on! hahaha

No problem. I'm a current UPL so 100% you're g2g. What branch bro?

There is no AAS test on Meps, the only way to get test for is like the above Gent just stated. I will go and post this link that will help you and every other Armed Forces Member to look for Regulation reference on this matter.
**broken link removed**

I want to post this information here cause I know some of us were prior service or are on the service and is good to clarify the how the Armed forces test for steroids. Just help this guys out there that want to come in use or are using AAS while on uniform. The primary concern and first question is if they test for AAS, The answer is yes, But is not covered on the standard common drug screening conducted on a regular basis. I will point some very important causes that you may be request to test for steroids and what are the procedures for the Commanders to do so.

First the regulations that covers this drug test is AR-600-85 (ARMY) I don`t know for the Corps, Navy and Airforce you are more than welcome to add it in this thread if you know them.
On Paragraph 11–9. Special tests (this is what covers):
a. If a commander desires to test a Soldier’s urine for a drug that is not on the current test panel, the commander
will coordinate through the FTDTL and/or the local ASAP with the ACSAP to request the test. If the test is approved,
the request must be in writing to the respective FTDTL or AFIP, must list the requested drug(s) to test for, and must
accompany the specimen to AFIP. The specimen should be on its own chain of custody document using an AFIP Form
1323 (AFIP/Division of Forensics Toxicology – Toxicological Request Form). If the specimen is sent to or through the
FTDTL, the DD Form 2624 will be used.
b. If the commander desires to ensure that a Soldier is tested for one of the rotational drugs that the FTDTLs test a
percentage of all specimens for, the commander will submit the request in writing to the respective FTDTL, listing the
requested drug(s) to test for, with the specimen on its own chain of custody document.
c. All requests for steroid testing must be coordinated with ACSAP and the Ft. Meade FTDTL. Once approved, the
commander must send a memorandum requesting the test with one DD Form 2624 for one to 12 specimens submitted.
All specimens must contain at least 60 ml of urine. If a specimen is submitted for steroid testing, no other testing will
be performed on the specimen.

In other words if the Commaders has a suspicion or evidence that a Service Member is on use or posesion they can request the Special test.

Steroid testing ins`t automatic
WHY? is too expensive and after they get approval for the test and the requiere amount and process has meet the satndards mentioned above, Samples requiring steroid testing bypass the normal military testing system and get shipped to the sports testing lab at UCLA for analysis.

So if your concern is to get test DON`T GET COUGHT, or just dont tell anyone. If you live in military quarters be advice the Commander can request to Battlion or Brigade Commander for health and Wellfare inspection at any moment and anything found in your room will be use against you for disciplinary actions ex: art 15, bar to reelinst and chapter out, and remember will affected your record for furture jobs.

My bud gets tested every year to keep his VA benefits, but no you don't get tested in meps.

There is no AAS test on Meps, the only way to get test for is like the above Gent just stated. I will go and post this link that will help you and every other Armed Forces Member to look for Regulation reference on this matter.
**broken link removed**

I want to post this information here cause I know some of us were prior service or are on the service and is good to clarify the how the Armed forces test for steroids. Just help this guys out there that want to come in use or are using AAS while on uniform. The primary concern and first question is if they test for AAS, The answer is yes, But is not covered on the standard common drug screening conducted on a regular basis. I will point some very important causes that you may be request to test for steroids and what are the procedures for the Commanders to do so.

First the regulations that covers this drug test is AR-600-85 (ARMY) I don`t know for the Corps, Navy and Airforce you are more than welcome to add it in this thread if you know them.
On Paragraph 11–9. Special tests (this is what covers):
a. If a commander desires to test a Soldier’s urine for a drug that is not on the current test panel, the commander
will coordinate through the FTDTL and/or the local ASAP with the ACSAP to request the test. If the test is approved,
the request must be in writing to the respective FTDTL or AFIP, must list the requested drug(s) to test for, and must
accompany the specimen to AFIP. The specimen should be on its own chain of custody document using an AFIP Form
1323 (AFIP/Division of Forensics Toxicology – Toxicological Request Form). If the specimen is sent to or through the
FTDTL, the DD Form 2624 will be used.
b. If the commander desires to ensure that a Soldier is tested for one of the rotational drugs that the FTDTLs test a
percentage of all specimens for, the commander will submit the request in writing to the respective FTDTL, listing the
requested drug(s) to test for, with the specimen on its own chain of custody document.
c. All requests for steroid testing must be coordinated with ACSAP and the Ft. Meade FTDTL. Once approved, the
commander must send a memorandum requesting the test with one DD Form 2624 for one to 12 specimens submitted.
All specimens must contain at least 60 ml of urine. If a specimen is submitted for steroid testing, no other testing will
be performed on the specimen.

In other words if the Commaders has a suspicion or evidence that a Service Member is on use or posesion they can request the Special test.

Steroid testing ins`t automatic
WHY? is too expensive and after they get approval for the test and the requiere amount and process has meet the satndards mentioned above, Samples requiring steroid testing bypass the normal military testing system and get shipped to the sports testing lab at UCLA for analysis.

So if your concern is to get test DON`T GET COUGHT, or just dont tell anyone. If you live in military quarters be advice the Commander can request to Battlion or Brigade Commander for health and Wellfare inspection at any moment and anything found in your room will be use against you for disciplinary actions ex: art 15, bar to reelinst and chapter out, and remember will affected your record for furture jobs.

Good post, This is what I was getting at, without posting the reg. Cost of the test and all the hoops Commanders have to jump through to do the test is why it's not done very often. You pretty much have to be caught with gear to be tested for AAS. Commanders always tell guys downrange that their getting big and now I'm gonna give you an AAS test. It's 9 times out 10 bullshit. They just give you a normal test. I know, I'm the guy who administers the test for the commander.

My bud gets tested every year to keep his VA benefits, but no you don't get tested in meps.

Why would the va test for steroids to keep your benefits? If that were the case I would have none right now

Why would the va test for steroids to keep your benefits? If that were the case I would have none right now

I agree, I was in the Corps I have many brothers with VA benes that are on

I was AD for 10 years, reserve now (inactive), I'd be very very hesitant to do anything that opens me up to UCMJ action, the risk-reward just isn't there for AAS. If you are AD and get popped, however unlikely... you are looking at hard time in Leavenworth. Something to think about man. Being jacked isn't worth 10 years of your life.

I was AD for 10 years, reserve now (inactive), I'd be very very hesitant to do anything that opens me up to UCMJ action, the risk-reward just isn't there for AAS. If you are AD and get popped, however unlikely... you are looking at hard time in Leavenworth. Something to think about man. Being jacked isn't worth 10 years of your life.

With all respect bro, I don`t know from where yo get that info that you going to jail for use of AAS in the Military. I seeing cases of members popped up on DRUGS ( Weed, Cocaine, Crack, Meth,etc) and no even one of them has serve time in jail. The process is art.15 (Army) ASAP (Army Substance Abuse Program) for a period of time for re-hab then this days after that or depend on how many times or the situation inlvolve in any particular case you will be chapter out with dishonrable discharge. If there is any particular case than end up that way most be something else involve like posesion for distribution.

this is correct your direct chain of command must recomend the test and they never do without good reason.

hey bro im sorry but this is bad info. i am 100% disabled and never had to submit to a drug test for the va other then for medical reasons. using drugs or aas or anything else has nothing to do with a soldiers VA claim.

Very low chance of this happening. Also, it would never be 10 years. What would happen is the commander would start a chapter packet. The military is downsizing. They are not gonna waist anymore money on you, they will simply get rid of you.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws