over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Military PTSD + BB

MarcusMaximus

Registered
I have been lifting 9 years. but I cannot find self control. I dont abuse AAS or anything. but i train my ass off. I also train hard in boozing. Bloodline says im good. because i maintain under 8% bf drinking, eating and u name it.

Is it a normal issue for BB'rs to be alcoholics? Alc lowers estrogen like soy. I had an honest to god test check aftter "stan" and it was at 61... at 22. and at 23 it was the same. my endo put me on 400mg a week. and freaked on my for my test being over 2500. I told her i like it and now... i have no more appointments

can alcohol do that much damage?

regardless i get dosed 400mg weekely forever, Do i stay on. or cycle it?

I'm pretty sure 400 mg weekly is way, way more than HRT doses.

I have been lifting 9 years. but I cannot find self control. I dont abuse AAS or anything. but i train my ass off. I also train hard in boozing. Bloodline says im good. because i maintain under 8% bf drinking, eating and u name it.

Is it a normal issue for BB'rs to be alcoholics? Alc lowers estrogen like soy. I had an honest to god test check aftter "stan" and it was at 61... at 22. and at 23 it was the same. my endo put me on 400mg a week. and freaked on my for my test being over 2500. I told her i like it and now... i have no more appointments

Brother, there's nothing good that will come from drinking. You titled the thread relating your PTSD with drinking, so there lies a problem. I too had a problem with booze when I got back from my 3rd tour and EAS. Get to the VA and get some counseling. Shits free, one on one, or group, and you'll be doing yourself a lotta good. You can't tell me other shit doesn't come out when your drunk, like aggression.

Kill

From an MC infantry guy with 3 pumps I have to agree with almost everything that Zomb131 except for assuming that aggression comes out, everyone is different. I was having a bit of a hard time midway through my first deployment and my squad leader noticed it (I have no idea how I thought I was keeping shit together on the surface but I guess not). So, I was straight up with him and he asked me if I hear the fry guy at Mcd's bitching and I told him yes.

He responded with "Yea, well no one really likes what their doing, the fry guy bitches about making fries, your bitching about being here doing what your doing. You have a job to do so just get it done". After that I just did my shit thinking it could be worse, I could still be making fries lol.

I work as a bouncer now that I'm out here in Columbus and I drink quite a bit but I think that my drinking is more of just the fact that I enjoy drinking, not that I'm using it as a tool to cope. It sounds like your drinking is more of the fact that you like drinking rather than coping with PTSD. If that is the case you just gotta decide what's more important between drinking and BB'ing. If your are drinking to cope you need to STOP and get help.

You're 23 and you're so called endo put you on 400mgs of test. Something doesn't add up. No endo in their right mind would ever put you on 400mgs of pharmacy grade test. Alcohol will kill your liver if you keep drinking like a fish, so get help for it while you can before you suffer from liver cirrhosis. Hopefully all works out well for you.

Last edited:
Your endo put you on 400 and was surprised when you your levels were high? is she retarted

Brother, there's nothing good that will come from drinking. You titled the thread relating your PTSD with drinking, so there lies a problem. I too had a problem with booze when I got back from my 3rd tour and EAS. Get to the VA and get some counseling. Shits free, one on one, or group, and you'll be doing yourself a lotta good. You can't tell me other shit doesn't come out when your drunk, like aggression.

Kill

Good advice.... Also, if you get involved with some group therapy at the VA you can talk to other bro's like yourself...I word of warning though..If you meet some new friends make sure they are not actively using drugs...In the past year FIVE guys I know died from drug overdoses

Sounds like that endo could get in some trouble for their methods

Nothing good will come from it if you really do have PTSD with drinking. I did the same thing in 2008. I was basically deployed from 2004 to 08 with constant back to back tours. I guess my breaks from theater were going on a ship.

But i got so messed up that I had ZERO self control over anger and this was pre-aas. My breaking point was at a poker game where I was drinking but not drunk but every one was drunk. Being in the military I HATE chaos, i like things to flow smooth. Well i dislike my brother in law (wifes sisters husband) actually hate him. He annoys the shit out of me and the combination of the poker game not flowing and him pissed me off to the point where I dove across the table after I threw my chair at his head and tried to kill him. (yes i wanted to end his life)

That was the moment I knew i needed help. You can also contact www.militaryonesource.mil and get free therapy and help. The funny thing is this is what lead me to AAS. doc's put me on xanax bars and I wanted to kill my self from lack of self confidence. Started training again and all my problems went away.

So I would get it undercontrol before its too late.. Not to mention your liver will hate you.

Not trying to jump on and tell war stories but I have been there too. Booze and bombs = bad news. The bombs when you are there and the booze when you get home. either way gotta deal with it, or it will deal with you.

Good Luck man and keep your head up!

Alcohol if anything RAISES estrogen and doesnt lower it. Same thing with soy.

Im not qualified to give advice on PTSD but it certainly would behoove you to ease up on the alcohol.

3 Years wasted also on deployments lost everything each time I returned. Have anxiety sleep apnea ptsd you name it. But I am able to control myself and anger until all methods of avoiding fail walking away getting in my way etc..

Then its pretty bad. I will not take meds but I dont drink or smoke etc. These things are just not productive to my bodybuilding goals...

Its all in how you process stuff. Good luck try to get the drinking under control and your training which seems to be going ok will become great...MM

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws