over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

MILK Question- Almond vs Raw vs Organic vs Soy

Rory33

Banned
Interested in your take on different types of milk and why. I used to use plain skim milk all the time with my shakes. Switched to organic (still skim milk) and it was thicker and tasted better. Haven't tried Raw milk yet but made a shake with almond milk and loved it!

Nutritionally for dieting Im also curious which people feel to be the best choice.

I personally love soy french vanilla light tastes better and less calories than regular milk

I would stay away from soy and pasteurized milk. IMHO raw is best, but almond is also good.

Given most people drop milk coming into prep on a show, would almond milk still be ok to consume since its not dairy?

Raw milk is illegal in MD and I'm lactose intolerant. I tried Silk's Almond milk, wasn't impressed with it, although it has double the amount of calcium the protein is low :(. Smart Balance has a lactose free milk that has 11g of protein per serving with Omega 3 in it that I will be trying as well.

I only used this in my post workout shake, must use a blender as it gets pretty thick.

rut roh, Ross favorite thread.....here we go again!

Raw milk is illegal in MD and I'm lactose intolerant. I tried Silk's Almond milk, wasn't impressed with it, although it has double the amount of calcium the protein is low :(. Smart Balance has a lactose free milk that has 11g of protein per serving with Omega 3 in it that I will be trying as well.

I only used this in my post workout shake, must use a blender as it gets pretty thick.

Silks Almond milk is what I had and I agree the protein is low. But I used it with my shake in place of skim milk and it was great that way.

almost all milk sold in store from cows is pasteurized , the process they use to do this kills the natural bacteria in the milk that helps the body digest the lactose in it. Even "organic" milk can be and most likely is pasteurized but it just comes from cows that are raised via organic methods (whatever that is)

almond milk and soy milk don't have any lactose in them , lactose makes alot of people hold fat and water under their skin giving the "thick skin" appearance (or so I've been told by a couple prep guys)

Raw milk is just that , raw , nothing added or removed all the natural fat , sugar and protein is the way it came out of the cow AND it has all the natural flora (bacteria) that helps the body digest the lactose as well as helps digestion of everything else we eat.

I use raw goat milk which has WAY smaller fat molecules so it doesn't seperate into cream so you can "skim" it to have lower fat skim milk

where do you guys buy raw milk from? I'm in new york so I'm not sure even if I could find it?

where do you guys buy raw milk from? I'm in new york so I'm not sure even if I could find it?

I get mine strait from the farmer , it's nearly impossible for the FDA to regulate it so the chances of finding it in a store are slim

you may have to buy into a co-op , this way you are part owner of the cows so the milk you get is legally from your animals for personal consumption

almond milk and soy milk don't have any lactose in them , lactose makes alot of people hold fat and water under their skin giving the "thick skin" appearance (or so I've been told by a couple prep guys)

So would say almond milk would be a safe bet to use in place and not hold the water or fat in?

So would say almond milk would be a safe bet to use in place and not hold the water or fat in?

That I can't say for sure , but if it has sugar in it then I'd assume it wouldent help any fat loss or water retention
I've never looked at the macros on Almond milk , but I have seen several competitors use it part way through their prep

Almonds don't have nipples. No nipples=no milk!!

This site may help you out bro.

**broken link removed**

Raw milk from grass fed beef :headbang:

The unsweetened almond milk is great. Almost no carbs but only 1 gram of protein. It tastes great though. 35 calories a serving.

Just curious about the raw milk being oulawed in MD, are there farms there? Farmers get in trouble if drinking raw milk? NY you can just go out and drink it from the farm.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Spinaltap88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131