over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

MILK Question- Almond vs Raw vs Organic vs Soy

Raw milk is the best, high fat content but that just adds to how creamy delicious it is. Also I feel better after drinking raw milk due to the enzymes and bacteria in it that help with digestion. A lot of states make raw milk illegal to sell for human consumption so they can't sell it in grocery stores meaning you have to go to the farmer. I don't think there's a way they could enforce an outright ban on raw milk even if they tried.

I always go with RAW first and almond second only because a local health food market sells RAW but sells out of it frequently. (here in CA) I am lactose intolerant but have no problem with RAW milk. The shit is delicious!!!!!!

I drink 8 glasses of 1% fat Milk a day ! Great way for ectos to add the calories

Have you thought about rice milk? I've used it before up to 6 weeks pre-contest and it served me very well.

Are the chances of getting sick off raw milk slim? My girls father is dairy farmer and one time he got some straight out of the tank and I ended up with bacteria infection that lasted a week and I ended up in the ER.. Maybe the milk tank had bacteria in it or something.. I just know I never want to experience that again..

most soy is GMO (genetically modified). The soy beans are modified so the farmer can spray as much round-up weed killer on the plants and it won't kill the soy beans.

Then you eat the soy beans..and the round-up.....Same thing for corn.

I only would eat either if it were organic.

Rice milk & almond milk strike me as a rip-off. Its just a watery liquid with barely any nutrition in there. Just BARELY a step up from using water, and its like $3 a quart too.

Rice milk & almond milk strike me as a rip-off. Its just a watery liquid with barely any nutrition in there. Just BARELY a step up from using water, and its like $3 a quart too.

Almond has the same amount of protein as milk.

More calcium, less sugar, more vit e and same vit d.

Raw milk is illegal in MD and I'm lactose intolerant. I tried Silk's Almond milk, wasn't impressed with it, although it has double the amount of calcium the protein is low :(. Smart Balance has a lactose free milk that has 11g of protein per serving with Omega 3 in it that I will be trying as well.

I only used this in my post workout shake, must use a blender as it gets pretty thick.

What weren't you impressed about Silk Almond Milk?

It has the same protein as milk. 1g/ounce which is also the amount that broccoli has :)

I drank 2 cups of that almond milk one time and I broke out in an itchy and bright red rash all over my face. I'll stick with whole milk.

Almond has the same amount of protein as milk.

More calcium, less sugar, more vit e and same vit d.

haaaa?

Almond milk is perfect except it has only 1g of protein per serving

Thats why Im looking at it too add to my protien shakes.

just drink 3 glasses of 1% milk, you get very good carbs, very good protein as well as bunch of other nutrition

wayyy better than protein powders

just drink 3 glasses of 1% milk, you get very good carbs, very good protein as well as bunch of other nutrition

wayyy better than protein powders

Wont meet my cals that way. Id also be concerned with too much lactose

Raw milk is illegal in MD and I'm lactose intolerant. I tried Silk's Almond milk, wasn't impressed with it, although it has double the amount of calcium the protein is low :(. Smart Balance has a lactose free milk that has 11g of protein per serving with Omega 3 in it that I will be trying as well.

I only used this in my post workout shake, must use a blender as it gets pretty thick.

Used the Smart Balance milk in my post shake last night and was impressed; HOWEVER i used it my coffee this morning and let's just say fish oil and coffee don't taste too fucking good together lol!!!

What weren't you impressed about Silk Almond Milk?

It has the same protein as milk. 1g/ounce which is also the amount that broccoli has :)

it had 1 gram per serving approx 240ml - i would have to drink about 4 fucking gallons of it.

Using the Smart Balance it has 11g per serving, used 2 servings in addition to the protein in my post w/o shake it is a god addition...

akkkk :confused: You guys are right.

That is what I get for surfing on my phone lol

Thanks for correcting me! :D

Yeah I thought it was decent stuff too. And then I checked out a bunch of different nutrition labels and it ends up being opaque water for the most part. Too bad.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131