Milk

Elvia1023

Featured Member / Supp Guru / Board Supporter
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Board Supporter
Verified Customer
I figured this may help out any guys who want to avoid dairy milk and try an alternative but haven't got round to trying different ones. Obviously there is lactose free milk and you can also take various digestive enzymes that include lactase. However for people interested in various other milks I will go over a quick run through.

Before starting the brand is a massive factor as I have come across some of the same types of milks that taste completely different. Moreover the macronutrients and calorie total can also be very different so always check the labels.

It's also worth stating most of these milks are mainly just water with a small % of paste added. I mainly done this as I love my cereal and wanted to find some good milks to go with them. I know guys who do egg whites with cereal but there is no way I can do that. I want good results but I also like to enjoy my food and wouldn't ruin my bowl of coco pops with egg whites :D

Soya Milk- for me tastes like crap and I am not a fan but I know many who like it. Usually about 40 cals per 100ml but it can vary.

Almond Milk- this varies so much from brand to brand. I prefer a sweetened version. Generally they contain a small amount of fat and a tiny amount of carbs. I use a brand that contains stevia for example and is only 13 calories per 100ml. Whereas others can be 60+ calories per 100ml. One brand I have used was a mix of almond and coconut and was nice but higher calories. This is a great choice for smoothies if you want them to be thicker/creamier.

Rice Milk- usually about 45 cals per 100ml. This is pretty much all carbs and higher sugar and tastes sweeter. You may get 1g fat per 100ml and no protein. Tastes very nice and is decent with cereal. Makes a good choice for post workout cereal lovers who want a higher carb/sugar cereal meal. I like this with cereals such as rice krispies.

Oat Milk- Usually all carbs with 1g fat. Tastes decent and goes well in smoothies.

Hemp Milk- Tastes ok and is like others being mainly fat and carb based with approx 30 calories per 100ml.

Cashew Milk- My 2nd favourite and tastes great especially when cold. Very creamy and thick so works well with smoothies. I usually add this to some oats, 1 banana, mixed berries and 40-50g protein from synthepure. My one is 49 cals per 100ml consisting of 2.5g fat, 0.5g sat fat, 4.5g carbs, 2.4g sugar, 1.6g fibre and 1.2g protein per 100ml.

Coconut Milk- My fav by far and tastes great when cold (all these milks taste better cold). The coconut flavour goes great with chocolate cereal. I use 2 brands and both are very low in calories. My fav is made by Alpro and is actually a blend of coconut and rice milk. It's called Alpro coconut original and is only 20 cals per 100ml consisting of 0.9g fat (0.9 sat fat), 2.7g carbs, 1.9g sugar and 0.1g protein. I use this in smoothies or with certain cereals (coco pops, rice krispies, shredded wheat etc).

Just a little run through and if you ever feel like a change there are some good options out there. Especially good for guys who eat a lot of cereal or make smoothies.

212wjew.jpg

Those sound delicious, and by the way NICE FRIDGE! :)
I didn't know BOSCH made those.

Some taste like crap but others are nice. As posted literally just water and paste for the majority of them. I have drank huge amounts of dairy milk for years and it does bloat me so I am always looking at alternatives. I have a black fridge btw. I recommend the brand if you ever come across one.

Cool write up, thanks for taking the time to outline the various alternatives. I’m a huge fan of regular cow milk but the last year or so it hasn’t agreed with me (gas/bloating) at all due to an intolerance. In that time, I’ve switched to unsweetened regular almond milk and it’s made a world of difference. I’ll need to try out the other options you’ve listed eventually.

Cool write up, thanks for taking the time to outline the various alternatives. I’m a huge fan of regular cow milk but the last year or so it hasn’t agreed with me (gas/bloating) at all due to an intolerance. In that time, I’ve switched to unsweetened regular almond milk and it’s made a world of difference. I’ll need to try out the other options you’ve listed eventually.

If you like almond you should like cashew. It's creamier for me. Coconut is my fav though but not everyone is a fan of coconut. If you ever see the Alpro Coconut Original brand it's worth trying. Although I know Alpro is European based so not sure if it's sold in the US.

+1 on the cashew milk. Has become a staple for me for everything from oats to coffee to protein shakes

If I ever go to Elvia's house Im bringing a couple boxes of cereal.

The only thing that makes milk is teets! Ain`t no nipples on a coconut or rice. So glad I can drink milk, lots of it.

Great post - there are so many kinds. I actually saw banana milk on my last trip to the grocery store.

I prefer Silk unsweetened vanilla almond milk. 30 calories per serving (240 per carton), no carbs, healthy fats. I think it tastes great with nothing added and it's an easy way to add calories when growing. I can do half a carton washing down my last meal.

Last edited:
The only thing that makes milk is teets! Ain`t no nipples on a coconut or rice. So glad I can drink milk, lots of it.

x2, nothing will ever replace real milk, both in muscle building ability or flavor

+100 for coconut milk :love:

I drink a lot of nut milks because I can't have any dairy.

Have you tried the Innocent range of products, they're refrigerated and fresh. The ones you've posted have very long lives on the shelf and are fairly low quality I think, like ALPRO.

Check out the refrigerated section of the nut milks, much better quality and taste but more expensive no doubt.

My favourite was hazelnut milk, but it wasn't low on calories! Tastes awesome like coconut milk and creamy. Now I stick with almond milk as I'm dieting.

Cow's milk is my favorite, and I don't have any issues with it at all, thankfully. That said, i'll use almond milk (Costco/Kirkland brand) for a lot of my shakes depending on my goals. It tastes like crap on it's own, but mixed with a protein shake, it improves the flavor compared to just water. It doesn't have many calories per cup, so depending on your goals, you can use that to your advantage. I'll use fresh milk if I am not concerned on calories...almond more during cutting.

I drink a lot of nut milks because I can't have any dairy.

Have you tried the Innocent range of products, they're refrigerated and fresh. The ones you've posted have very long lives on the shelf and are fairly low quality I think, like ALPRO.

Check out the refrigerated section of the nut milks, much better quality and taste but more expensive no doubt.

My favourite was hazelnut milk, but it wasn't low on calories! Tastes awesome like coconut milk and creamy. Now I stick with almond milk as I'm dieting.

If I ever have fruit juice or coconut water I usually go with innocent. They do some great products but the milks aren't sold over here yet. Looking at the ingredients they aren't much different to what I have now. Obviously with innocent though they are top quality and usually contain minimal ingredients without any crap. I see the hazelnut version is 72 cals per 100ml and the coconut 52 cals. The coconut version contains more rice and coconut milk so that's why it's more cals (and better quality). So definitely a better option and I will try those when I can. By the way nothing is cheap over here :eek::D I pay $4 per carton for the coconut milk for example. The organic Swiss cows milk I sometimes buy is less than half the price.

Cow's milk is my favorite, and I don't have any issues with it at all, thankfully. That said, i'll use almond milk (Costco/Kirkland brand) for a lot of my shakes depending on my goals. It tastes like crap on it's own, but mixed with a protein shake, it improves the flavor compared to just water. It doesn't have many calories per cup, so depending on your goals, you can use that to your advantage. I'll use fresh milk if I am not concerned on calories...almond more during cutting.

I am using an almond milk now (Adez brand) and it tastes great alone. Some do taste bad though. As you state even the ones that taste bad alone usually improve a shake/smoothie when mixed though.

I have relaxed my diet a little but gonna start dieting again soon. I haven't had dairy milk for over a week. Anyway yesterday in the shop I saw some high protein chocolate drinks (ovomaltine) so I bought 3. It stated "lactosefree milk drink, with malt extract and cocoa" made from 88.7% skimmed milk and the macros were fine (30g carbs mainly sugar) and 24g protein. Anyway I drank all 3 over about 7 hours and if anyone remembers my bloated belly pic I literally looked like that. My waist must have grew about 4 inches in 7 hours :eek::D

The downside to these alternatives is price and that they don't pack as much calories as cow's milk, which is unfortunate if someone is trying to gain weight.

I love unsweetened almond milk. I drink it as is out of a glass, with cereal, and mix all my protein shakes with it and water. Almond Breeze tastes the best and Silk is second to that. I tend to buy Silk more often only because more places carry it. Almond Breeze would be my number one, though.

thx for this thread Elvia!

i LOVE milk:love:
It grosses my wife out when i chug it like water lol
When i am at home i usually have it with every meal. i will have to try some of these mentioned and mix it up, maybe find one i like that has less calories.:)
-F2S

Elvia’s favorite is tit milk but unfortunately he had to refrain from posting a picture of his gf’s titties. :(

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
knarf447
NapsGear