advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Milos calls BS on 30 grams of protein max absorption per meal (video)

kilsong

Registered
Very interesting. Makes a lot of sense too.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOBK6MK5HQk"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOBK6MK5HQk[/ame]

ive always viewed him as a very intelligent guy. he was, in my opinion, one of the people to bring insulin usage to the for front. and as you can see it has had a huge impact on the sport, still to this day.

Protein Excess

Many of the world's people struggle to obtain enough food and enough protein to keep themselves alive, but in the developed countries protein is so abundant that problems of protein excess are seen. There are no benefits, and there are risks associated with the overconsumption of protein. For one thing, as we have said before, protein-rich foods are often high-fat foods that contribute to obesity, with its accompanying health risks. In addition to the effects of fat, high levels of animal protein itself may raise cholesterol levels, thus contributing to heart disease. In addition, infants and children do not adjust well to diets containing large amounts of protein; their body composition is altered. Animals fed high-protein diets experience a "protein overload effect," seen in the enlargement of their livers and kidneys. In human beings, high-protein diets eaten over a lifetime may cause problems in kidney function.

Animals experimentally fed high-protein diets of the same nature as those that Americans typically eat also experience losses of the essential mineral zinc from their tissues as they age. Such zinc excretion is also seen in pregnant women and in infants on protein supplements. The use of such supplements during pregnancy may do more harm than good, even to undernourished women. In infants their use has been linked to deficits in cognitive development.

Protein also creates a demand for certain vitamins for its metabolism; vitamin B6 is an example. An overabundance of protein without accompanying vitamin B6 can cause a deficiency of the vitamin, and such deficiencies are suspected of contributing to our population's high incidence of atherosclerosis.10 High dietary protein also increases the tendency to obesity, a finding in direct contrast to the popular belief that such diets cause people to "burn off fat." Fed low-protein diets, even with ample calories from carbohydrate, obese subjects can lose weight.

Diets high in protein may also increase the body's excretion of calcium, depleting the bones of their chief mineral. Some argue that food sources of excess protein do not promote calcium excretion but that protein or amino acid supplements do so. In keeping with the first possibility, the Committee on RDA has suggested an upper limit for protein intake of no more than twice the RDA amount. In a world in which protein deficiency is such a threat to so many, it is ironic that some people in developed countries should be overconsuming protein.

While eating excess protein is clearly ill advised, taking protein or amino acid supplements (except for abnormal conditions, on competent medical advice) is even more so. The accompanying Consumer Caution, "Protein and Amino Acid Supplements," tells why.

Protein and Amino Acid Supplements

Why do people take protein supplements? Athletes take them to build muscle. Dieters take them to spare their bodies' protein while losing weight. Women take them to improve the strength of their fingernails. People take individual amino acids, too—to cure herpes, to make themselves sleep better, to relieve pain and depression. Do protein and amino acid supplements really do any of these things? Almost never. Are they safe? No.

Muscle work builds muscle; protein supplements do not, and athletes do not need them. Food energy spares body protein; fat and carbohydrate serve this purpose equally well, and carbohydrate is safer (see Chapter 10 for details). Fingernails remain unaffected by protein supplements, provided the diet is otherwise adequate in protein. This chapter demonstrates that no decent diet fails to supply enough protein, so protein supplements never are needed by the normal, healthy person.

Furthermore, protein supplements are expensive and less well digested than protein-rich food; and when used as a replacement for such food, they are often downright dangerous. The "liquid protein" diet, advocated some years ago for weight loss, caused death in many users, and even the 'physician-supervised protein-sparing modified fast (also based on liquid protein) can cause abnormal heart rhythms.

As for amino acid supplements, they, too, are unnecessary, and the body is not adapted to handle them. The body is designed to handle whole proteins best. It breaks them into manageable pieces (dipeptides and tripeptides), then splits these a few at a time, simultaneously absorbing them into the blood. When proteins are predigested in a laboratory and served up as mixtures of single amino acids, they are less well digested and absorbed because they overwhelm the absorptive mechanism and not all can be accommodated. When amino acids are presented singly, severe imbalances and toxicities can occur. Groups of chemically similar amino acids compete for the carriers that absorb them into the blood, and an excess of one can create such demand for a carrier that it prevents the absorption of another. The result is a deficiency. Many amino acids are toxic when taken in excess. In some cases "excess" means not very much above normal daily intake levels.

In two cases recommendations for amino acids have led to widespread public use—lysine to prevent or to relieve the infections that cause herpes sores on the mouth or genital organs and tryptophan to relieve pain, depression, and insomnia. In both cases enthusiastic, popular reports and careful scientific experiments are at odds. Lysine does not relieve or cure herpes infections, and if long-term use helps prevent them, it does so only in some individuals and with unknown associated risks. Tryptophan does have some interesting effects with respect to pain and sleep in responsive individuals, as Controversy 6 explains further, but people taking large doses may be damaging their livers. In fact, a blood disorder characterized by severe muscle and joint pain, limb swelling, extremely high fever, and, in at least one case, death has been linked to tryptophan supplements.* The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has requested a recall of tryptophan supplements, and if you own a bottle of tryptophan pills, throw it out. It is safer to take amino acids in protein foods with a little carbohydrate to facilitate their use—a turkey sandwich, for example.

Many of the chapters of this book present evidence on purified nutrients added to foods or taken singly. The Consumer Caution of Chapter 4 showed that the enrichment of a nutritionally inferior food (refined bread) with four added nutrients left it still deficient in many others. The Chapter 5 Consumer Caution showed that an excess of lecithin provides no benefits and causes side effects. With amino acids, the same thing is true. Even with all that we know about science, it is hard to improve on nature.

Sources: R. A. Lantigua and coauthors, Cardiac arrhythmias associated with a liquid protein diet for the treatment of obesity, New England Journal of Medicine 303 (1980): 735-738; N. J. Benevenga and R. D. Steele, Adverse effects of excessive consumption of amino acids, Annual Review of Nutrition 4 (1984): 157-181; Myth of the month: Lysine for herpes, Nutrition and the MD, December 1984, p. 4; L. J. Fitten, J. Profita, and T. G. Bidder, L-tryptophan as a hypnotic in special patients, Journal of the American Geriatrics Society 33 (1985): 294-297; M. E. Trulson and H. W. Sampson, Ultrastructural changes of the liver following L-tryptophan ingestion, Journal of Nutrition 116 (1986): 1109-1115; Eosinophilia-myalgia syndrome and L-tryptophan-containing products—New Mexico, Minnesota, Oregon, and New York, 1989, MMWR—Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report 38 (1989): 785-788.

NUTRITION CONCEPTS AND CONTROVERSIES
Eva May Nunnelley Hamilton / Eleanor Noss Whitney / Frances Sienkiewicz Sizer
Fifth Edition Prepared by Eleanor Noss Whitney / Zrances Sienkiewicz Sizer
WEST PUBLISHING COMPANY

31.25 grams is max absorption:D
-F2S

Alan Aragon stated this 10+ years ago.

This just comes back to the surface because George Farah claimed that only 30g of protein can be absorbed per meal and everyone went crazy ofc

I thought this was common knowledge. George Farah comes out with a lot of nonsense from what I have seen. I know Layne Norton was the first to comment on the video then Milos Sarcev commented on that. As Layne stated his intentions were good but just misinformation but Farah played it off as being just an example. Who really cares but point being you can definitely absorb more than 30g protein at one time. At the same time many also overeat protein and it can have it's disadvantages. Although generally speaking high protein is great for the bodybuilder and makes a huge difference if you are trying to grow or lose bodyfat. If I am consistent with high protein intake I look bigger and harder. Now with carbs and fats present you obviously won't need as much protein but it should be the 1st macro of choice for all meals.

From the basic understanding in biology 101 in college it never made sense that you only can digest 30 years. The overall process of digestion is ongoing and you will absolutely have circulating amino acids from say 70 grams of protein from a steak for hours upon hours upon hours.

I have no clue why the process of digestion got bastardized in our world. "You must eat exactly 30 grams of protein precisely every 3 hours or you shrink and miss growth". That is so stupid. Someone eating, say, 200-250 grams of protein at various intervals are going to have that absorbing damn near 24/7 without any need to worry.

Well the proof is in the pudding, do we have any Olympia or pro guys that have or can grow consuming only 30 grams per meal? Even if they have 8 meals, then that's only 320 grams. Most seem to be taking 500-600 +.

Well the proof is in the pudding, do we have any Olympia or pro guys that have or can grow consuming only 30 grams per meal? Even if they have 8 meals, then that's only 320 grams. Most seem to be taking 500-600 +.

Exactly. I very rarely do it myself as it's hard but most of the guys who post you shouldn't have high protein after never actually tried it. Literally 50g protein 7 times per day so 350g per day is not that excessive. If most guys just changed that in their plan I bet they would look better. Just as Big A posts aim for 500g protein per day. I understand 100% all the potential problems over consuming protein can bring. But literally most on here who train hard 4-5 days per week and take hormones try upping your protein and see what happens. Many have never done it. Your body processes protein very differently to carbs/fats. You know all of this anyway but this is just for your standard guys on here who want to improve and not sure what to do. Literally up your protein and change nothing else and see what happens. There is more to it than this (energy balance being a big factor) but thats a great starting point.

Medical studies like these have no relevance to bodybuilders. Average joes with maybe 10lb of muscle on there body are obviously gonna need a lot less then guys with 100lb of muscle of there body’s. Normal joes don’t destroy there muscles with heavy weights 5-6 times a week. It’s nonsense

The idea that everyone has a fixed absorption rate is asinine. But then let’s talk about a sprinkle of tren in there? Get out of here

Blame Joe and Ben Weider. Their protein powders in the early days were 30 grams per serving and they pushed the idea that you can only utilize 30 grams at a time.

I agree with your point..........but...................8x30=240. :p

I just do not see this as possible:confused:

I usually stay at 10-12 grams per meal, around 5-6x/d, so that I can digest the protein and without it messing up my kidneys. A few times I went up to 20'ish grams for a few meals and my kidneys started hurting, and my chest was pounding. I think if you go much over this, then you are asking for health problems.

I usually stay at 10-12 grams per meal, around 5-6x/d, so that I can digest the protein and without it messing up my kidneys. A few times I went up to 20'ish grams for a few meals and my kidneys started hurting, and my chest was pounding. I think if you go much over this, then you are asking for health problems.

I feel bad for. Can't even enjoy a nice sized steak. I do if so I can go as high as 300 g in an hour or two. Lol

I can’t tell if You are trolling or not

I can’t tell if You are trolling or not

good ol' trollin';)

I was gonna play around with it some, but just don't have it in me right now to sound like an idiot:D

I never heard that 30 grams is max absorbation but I heard that protein synthesis(?) is max stimulated at 40g of protein.

Maybe it's genetics but Jordan Peterson is on a beef only diet. His health markers are the best they've been according to him.

Personally I eat 250 grams (at 195 lbs) per day and my values are fine. I've always upped my protein until I get some foam when I pee. This tells me I'm excreting some and that's fine. I know a guy whose 65 and diabetic. He can't handle a lot of protein he says the toilet will foam up to the lid. Personally I can't drink whey at all it absolutely kills me. I've been drinking beef protein and I swear I'm making better gains than ever before at 40 yrs old. No trt just a few peps and the usual supplements. I drank whey for years and just dealt with the stomach issues. Makes me wonder if I was getting anything out of it at all. This last getting back to the gym (for me its been on and off due to work and generally being sorry) I tried the usual whey and my guts hurt so bad I thought I was dieing. The beef protein seems to keep me super regular. I tried egg and it's ok but still not as good as beef. Hell I would go as far as to say digestive health wise the beef protein makes me feel better than just whole foods alone. .. Nuts really.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Iron Mountain 75
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws