over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Milos Sarcev about Insulin use

Dado5

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Since there is a lot of talk about insulin usage lately i found this older post from Milos Sarcev about insulin.

Humalog is insulin of my choice as well – it’s easiest to control, fastest in action and almost “designed” for post workout period for all the athletes (bodybuilders).

While many question the theory of windows of opportunity – I think it is vast amount of evidence that physiological preference of body trashed by intense weightlifting session (stress) is to take care of shock that just occurred (i.e. replacement or supercompensation of nutrients lost in process).

Action of Humalog is ideal in this event.
Onset is 15 minutes upon intake, peak is within 45 and 75 minutes later, strong action start’s diminishing 2 hours after the intake and it’s completely out within 4 hours.
Only true variable is curve after 2nd hour until the 4th (for some it drops dramatically fast and for some it is slow drop, which means that some insulin might linger in blood stream up until the 4th hour…).

But, assuming that our blood glucose level is quite reduced during the training we should make sure to use adequate amount of fast GLUCOSE delivering carbohydrate source – shortly after injection (IMO – 15 minutes later).
If we are using pure Glucose (dextrose) – we can expect that glucose would take only minutes (2-4) to get in the blood stream and it would peak within 40 minutes (almost identical to Humalog curve). So, my suggestion is to take HALF of the initial mix of ideal post workout nutrients (glucose/fast absorbing protein/creatine/glutamine…) 15 minutes later for the first time and than wait for 15-20 minutes and ingest another half!

Shortly after (30-40 minutes later) I would suggest another low fat/high protein/complex carb meal – to take care of possible Humalog action post 2nd hour…

I see one of the products in your line of supplements that could be ideal for this purpose.

Now, let me tell you something that might be disturbing!

For all natural athletes that take post workout drink composed of exactly those (or comparable) nutrients – there is documented evidence that frequent high elevation of blood glucose levels and for prolonged period of time –could be first on the list of suspects causing type 2 diabetes!

Humalog in this instance can be ideal “savior” as it would shuttle glucose as it comes, never allowing BG level to go too high and save beta cells from over producing endogenous insulin…Action is very short and intense – basically it’s inn and out…and your body goes back to it’s normal physiological pattern..

GH also acts in matter that produces hyperglycemia…and coupling these two facts – some of you taking GH and fast acting carbohydrate post workout drinks without exogenous insulin might want to reconsider your options (of course I expect attack after this note…)

Milos

you should look up his "Magic Drink" i think thats what he calls it. it is a workout drink to be used with insulin during a workout.
-JS

you should look up his "Magic Drink" i think thats what he calls it. it is a workout drink to be used with insulin during a workout.
-JS

It was something like 20g bcaa 20g EAA, 50g waximaize, 10g creatine, 10g glutamine right?

That must be an older post...I've seen more recently Milos talkig about pre and during wo shots....a few years ago hide, Dennis wolf, and Johnnie jackson did those giant set workouts using a similar drink with pre and during wo humalog

It was something like 20g bcaa 20g EAA, 50g waximaize, 10g creatine, 10g glutamine right?

That must be an older post...I've seen more recently Milos talkig about pre and during wo shots....a few years ago hide, Dennis wolf, and Johnnie jackson did those giant set workouts using a similar drink with pre and during wo humalog

YUP. milos said he figured out a way to put another 10 lbs on an advanced pro by using the insulin preworkout and magic drink during workout with it.
i tried the magic drink once but not long enough to easily see results.
-JS

ive seen a slin protocol in milos own hand writing. its pretty intense and there is a whole supplement stack that goes with it and he even cycles certain types of carbs during use throughout the day. its best not to try and replicate what he does unless he is there to show you how. its much more complicated than it seems.

lucian

:yeahthat:
my first education in bodybuilding all came from him. he taught me a ton after all he is MILOS THE MIND:headbang:
i have the upmost respect for milos. hope he is doing well. have not spoke to him in years. i know he has had some drama recently....
-JS

Milos

Here's one of his articles:

I recommend that you use one liter of liquid, 20 grams (g) of whey protein, 6 g of branched-chain amino acids, 10 g of glutamine, 3 g of creatine and approximately 60 g of simple sugars. You can use Gatorade, dextrose, maltodextrin, Vitargo or other glucose polymers and water to make up the liquid and sugars. Use a lot of fluids in the mixture so that it is highly diluted -- if you use only a small amount of liquid, you're asking for gastrointestinal disturbance.

I take a few sips of my post workout drink after every set in my workout, making sure to finish it by the time I reach the halfway point in my training. I've noticed that it gives me a tremendous pump that dissipates much more slowly than when I don't have a drink. I've recommended a workout drink to many other competitive bodybuilders who train in my gym, and every one of them gets the same incredible results.

The logic behind it is simple. You can help prevent your body from becoming catabolic by supplying it with all the necessary nutrients at the time when it needs them the most -- during intense workouts. The drink provides fuel that helps maintain glucose concentrations and considerably reduces glycogen depletion. At the same time, you increase blood flow and insulin levels. The result is enhanced uptake of amino acids, glucose and creatine by your muscles.

I encourage all dedicated bodybuilders to try this workout drink. Start with smaller portions of each ingredient and progressively increase the amounts according to your specific goals or the demand of your workouts. After training, down a standard postworkout drink of 50 g of protein and 50 g of carbs.

I tried his protocol, I heard it on a radio show he did on Rx I think. I just couldnt handle drinking that much fluids during my workouts without feeling bloated and full. Plus Humalog makes me bloated as well.

I have been having good success with Novo R pre- w/o lately though, w/o carbs intra workout, just aminos and Im fine.

I hate drinking anything besides water intra workout.
Stomach starts to ache and I get all bloated.

Here's one of his articles:

I recommend that you use one liter of liquid, 20 grams (g) of whey protein, 6 g of branched-chain amino acids, 10 g of glutamine, 3 g of creatine and approximately 60 g of simple sugars. You can use Gatorade, dextrose, maltodextrin, Vitargo or other glucose polymers and water to make up the liquid and sugars. Use a lot of fluids in the mixture so that it is highly diluted -- if you use only a small amount of liquid, you're asking for gastrointestinal disturbance.

I take a few sips of my post workout drink after every set in my workout, making sure to finish it by the time I reach the halfway point in my training. I've noticed that it gives me a tremendous pump that dissipates much more slowly than when I don't have a drink. I've recommended a workout drink to many other competitive bodybuilders who train in my gym, and every one of them gets the same incredible results.

The logic behind it is simple. You can help prevent your body from becoming catabolic by supplying it with all the necessary nutrients at the time when it needs them the most -- during intense workouts. The drink provides fuel that helps maintain glucose concentrations and considerably reduces glycogen depletion. At the same time, you increase blood flow and insulin levels. The result is enhanced uptake of amino acids, glucose and creatine by your muscles.

I encourage all dedicated bodybuilders to try this workout drink. Start with smaller portions of each ingredient and progressively increase the amounts according to your specific goals or the demand of your workouts. After training, down a standard postworkout drink of 50 g of protein and 50 g of carbs.

I agree completely although I think the net effect is much more due to anti-catabolism than due to anabolism per se. (since I highly doubt the body is going to start really repairing itself while under workout stress) You just have less of that ammonia smell going on.

Unless you get stomach upset, what exactly is the problem with temporary bloat? Since muscle is largely water anyway, bloating seems like a good idea no?

try hydrolyzed whey and carbs to start out, 1/2 the amount of what he said

then add the other stuff slowly once your system gets used to drinking energy source and burning it off at sametime.

i think its either creatine/glutamine or cheapo whey when people get bloated.

i like biotest surge,,,well i likeD ,,,im just doing water from now on because intra workout drinks do help with recovery or putting on pounds but you will be very watery....i would lower the carb try hydro whey or hydro collagen (lba diluted in lots of water)

Is Milos still having probles with Milomar?? man she was hot back in the day..havent seen any updated pics of her recently...

Could anyone just outline how to use it exactly..

for example.

Train - during training drink x,y,z

Post workout shoot humalog...and 10mins later have half your pwo shake, 15mins later have the other half.

I assume the pwo shake has all the bcaa, eaa,carbs etc in it>?

then 30mins later have a meal.

Is that basically it?

YUP. milos said he figured out a way to put another 10 lbs on an advanced pro by using the insulin preworkout and magic drink during workout with it.
i tried the magic drink once but not long enough to easily see results.
-JS

In the first post it talks about using post workout...if using the magic drink i assume you would have to shoot pre workout to take advantage of the magic drink...then use it pwo as described?

In the first post it talks about using post workout...if using the magic drink i assume you would have to shoot pre workout to take advantage of the magic drink...then use it pwo as described?

Have you used slin before?

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner