over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Mini-Rant

i'm walking into the gym this kid walks out the door in tank and shorts 20 degrees outside windy....now that looked ridiculous because unless his blood pressure is 300/200 and he's running hot how the fuck is he not cold all 140lbs of him

The younger ones rarely dress for the elements as it is (my son hates to wear a coat), and they are also less likely to change at a gym.

So they hop in their heated car, and walk into a heated gym. What's the problem?

This is what grinds peoples gears? :rolleyes:

REALLY?!! It's 3 degrees where I am and these guys are strutting around the gym in tank tops flaring out their invisible lats and impressing the hell out of....NOBODY! You don't look that good!! End of mini-rant.......

Hater.... LOL...j/k Tom!.... but seriously, why do you care??

I don't even know what people were wearing in my gym yesterday, to be honest. I use loose shorts and an old t-shirt year long.

Hater.... LOL...j/k Tom!.... but seriously, why do you care??

Because I'm getting to be an overly critical old buzzard! The one aspect of bodybuillding I've always despised is the mentality of thinking one is a badass because you have larger muscles than the regular Joe. If you're built people will know it no matter what you are wearing. It just seems to enhance the negative view people have of bodybuilders when you strut around like a peacock in cut-off sleeves and wife-beaters. Maybe some of you will remember The Barbarian brothers...David and Peter Paul. In my opinion they were the worst thing that could have happened to push bodybuilding even deeper into the realm of negativity. Their interview in Sports Illustrated was a slap in the face to bodybuilding being both disgusting and immature.

Because I'm getting to be an overly critical old buzzard! The one aspect of bodybuillding I've always despised is the mentality of thinking one is a badass because you have larger muscles than the regular Joe. If you're built people will know it no matter what you are wearing. It just seems to enhance the negative view people have of bodybuilders when you strut around like a peacock in cut-off sleeves and wife-beaters. Maybe some of you will remember The Barbarian brothers...David and Peter Paul. In my opinion they were the worst thing that could have happened to push bodybuilding even deeper into the realm of negativity. Their interview in Sports Illustrated was a slap in the face to bodybuilding being both disgusting and immature.

ooo I never read that interview, do you know if it's online somewhere, I would like to view it and see how bad it was. I don't know if they were assholes or not, but they were strong as hell from the pics I saw back in the day, from what I remember anyway.

I don't really care what people wear, but me and my girl saw a father teaching his kid (who was about 12 and skinny as hell) how to do concentration curls. It was a damn shame as the dad was teaching him to "swing" the weight up, I really thought the kid was going to bust his face open, the dad was doing it the same way, when I couldn't watch any longer, I walked by and said "should do em slow, you don't want to tear a muscle or knock out teeth" and kept walking, dad didn't say anything and they went to do benches next... that's the shit that bothers the hell out of me.

okay I lied...my girl just reminded me about the guy that lifts in his "wrestling" outfit, the type that Andre the giant would wear. that one piece with the straps. it was a bit nasty to see.

Don't worry. It's the beginning of January. These guys will be gone in a few weeks.

... I love my home gym.

Buffalo NY.....and the temp in the gym is low 60's. I wear long sweat pants and long sleeve sweat shirt. I am comfortable....they look ridiculous.
low 60s?!?! I'd be in a parka.

Buffalo NY.....and the temp in the gym is low 60's. I wear long sweat pants and long sleeve sweat shirt. I am comfortable....they look ridiculous.

I am around the boston area and it was 3 degrees yesterday, maybe 6. lots of skinny tough guys flexing around the gym. bunch or hero's- idiots

State fairs and trailer parks....

And what's the difference between these two and a gym?sometime I think the gym is a state fair and trailer park put together :rolleyes: All kinds of entertainment

Admit it Tom u not training hard enough if u noticing this kind of things :D

This world would be such a better place if people just mind their own business for the most part

I'm a young guy that wears tanks, no I'm not "massive" by any means, but I do like seeing the progress I've made. I don't walk around with my lats flared or ever try and intimidate people or anything like that at all, actually if somebody steals MY machine, I'll ask them to work in and if somebody asks how many sets I have left I always ask them if they want to work in.

That said, I'll pose in between my sets, maybe a side tri or hands clasped MM or a twisting FLS to see how great my pump is on that day and I love to see what I've built because nobody did that for me, I wasn't born like that and I like taking pride in my work. I don't do it if somebody is using the mirror or if there are ton of people in the general area, but at the same time if that makes me a douchebag or people think I'm arrogant for it, so be it. As I said I try to be courteous with the machines, I put my weights back, I hold the door for people, I tell the receptionists to have a nice day so I'll make full use of the gym and it's mirrors in my tank tops ;).

I'm a young guy that wears tanks, no I'm not "massive" by any means, but I do like seeing the progress I've made. I don't walk around with my lats flared or ever try and intimidate people or anything like that at all, actually if somebody steals MY machine, I'll ask them to work in and if somebody asks how many sets I have left I always ask them if they want to work in.

That said, I'll pose in between my sets, maybe a side tri or hands clasped MM or a twisting FLS to see how great my pump is on that day and I love to see what I've built because nobody did that for me, I wasn't born like that and I like taking pride in my work. I don't do it if somebody is using the mirror or if there are ton of people in the general area, but at the same time if that makes me a douchebag or people think I'm arrogant for it, so be it. As I said I try to be courteous with the machines, I put my weights back, I hold the door for people, I tell the receptionists to have a nice day so I'll make full use of the gym and it's mirrors in my tank tops ;).
To be honest with you, I would think you look ridiculous posing in the mirror, but if you don't care then good for you.

John Parillo advocates stretching and posing between sets, and I have personally made pretty good progress following his training protocols. I tend to save the posing until the last set of a bodypart. Sometimes I get odd looks, but only from non-competitors. Bottom line is I'm in the gym to get a job done, not to care what anyone thinks.

I also train wearing a tank top and occasionally in shorts too. Once I have warmed up the top layer of sweats come off and it's time to get to work.... I very rarely wear tank tops outside of the gym.

Ever notice how the average guy can get away with wearing a wifebeater while strolling through the mall and no one bats an eye, but if you have decent development and do the same people think you are showing off?

REALLY?!! It's 3 degrees where I am and these guys are strutting around the gym in tank tops flaring out their invisible lats and impressing the hell out of....NOBODY! You don't look that good!! End of mini-rant.......

Judgemental know-it-all. I wore tank tops too when I was starting out. I still wear tank tops. I actually like to see my muscles when I work out. Quit thinking you're better than everyone because you cover up at the gym.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's like that 40 minutes east of you too. I had -2 on my truck thermo on Thursday. Kids were walking into the gym in shorts and beaters/skin tight shirts. Dude is less than 0. Wear some fucking clothes. Your not impressing anyone.

My fave are the guido geeks doing biceps and triceps in their dri-fit shirts with the superman logo and gasp belts... Dude you're not fooling anyone the belt is keeping your love handles at bay!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner