over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Minimum protein for growth

Exactly. Net energy balance is vital but our bodies definitely treat high protein very differently to high fat/carbs. As I always state I bet most people (not all) would be better of if they added in 100g quality protein on top of what they are currently doing (me included). No one is stating you can't get big on lower protein but it's just much better having a decent protein intake if you want to build muscle. Guys who have never even been remotely big will argue how they have low protein but it proves nothing. I could go on 50g protein per day now and still look good (for me) but it's besides the point. Anyone serious about building muscle, being big and looking good should be consuming higher (relative to the person) protein.

That is a problem since as you age, more protein is needed than when you are young for muscle maintenance. That is why protein whey supplements may be suitable (remember that supplements for medical use are used in people with various digestive problems).

I actually agree with this- i seem to have to eat more protein now at 38 to grow than when i was younger. That being said, i never was able to do 2lbs protein per lb of bw (or even lean bw) consistently to know how much more i would have put on.

But even younger, i was definitely well above 1lb protein per.

I think some of it may have to do with constantly being on cycle, whether blasting or trt, and myostatin/cortisol constantly being elevated.

For sure all those people were on AAS and Insulin..... People can turn every study to their advantage...
I dont even understand what your trying to say here? 😕

I actually agree with this- i seem to have to eat more protein now at 38 to grow than when i was younger. That being said, i never was able to do 2lbs protein per lb of bw (or even lean bw) consistently to know how much more i would have put on.

But even younger, i was definitely well above 1lb protein per.

I think some of it may have to do with constantly being on cycle, whether blasting or trt, and myostatin/cortisol constantly being elevated.

What is your weight?

It is very easy for me to eat 2 or 3 grams per kilo of weight, for me the only problem with protein in the diet is the cost and the preparation of meals.

What is your weight?

It is very easy for me to eat 2 or 3 grams per kilo of weight, for me the only problem with protein in the diet is the cost and the preparation of meals.
LOL that's most of the American publics problem, they won't spend money on food but end up giving it to the pharmaceutical company's in the end for blood pressure medication, insulin, and cholesterol meds. They then have a paycheck for life from you. (This isn't directed towards you personally).

LOL that's most of the American publics problem, they won't spend money on food but end up giving it to the pharmaceutical company's in the end for blood pressure medication, insulin, and cholesterol meds. They then have a paycheck for life from you. (This isn't directed towards you personally).

I hear people say things like, "eating healthy is too expensive", then they turn around and order takeout twice and three times a day, plus all they're bullshit snacking, I bet a lot of people are spending $50 a day on nonsense. The difficult part is they pass this onto their kids who have no clue what a healthy diet is, take ZERO interest in nutrition or cooking and fall right into the same trap. Coming home to a healthy, balanced, home cooked meal is a thing of the past for much of America

What is your weight?

I said pounds of bodyweight, not kilos... in my avatar pic i was about 212 lbs. Im about 206 right now, not in as good of shape as my pic.

I hear people say things like, "eating healthy is too expensive", then they turn around and order takeout twice and three times a day, plus all they're bullshit snacking, I bet a lot of people are spending $50 a day on nonsense. The difficult part is they pass this onto their kids who have no clue what a healthy diet is, take ZERO interest in nutrition or cooking and fall right into the same trap. Coming home to a healthy, balanced, home cooked meal is a thing of the past for much of America

Are you opposed to coming home DHB, greytops and a barrel full of slin at the kitchen table? 🤠

I dunno where the fuck this is going

So the answer is yes. No? Fuck I dunno

Im just having fun with ya, bud. Dont take everything i say too seriously. I thought the idea of a juice monkey getting relaxed at the dinner table to inject himself with a painful, exotic compound with his meal would have wreaked of sarcasm.

Im just having fun with ya, bud. Dont take everything i say too seriously. I thought the idea of a juice monkey getting relaxed at the dinner table to inject himself with a painful, exotic compound with his meal would have wreaked of sarcasm.

So was I! I'm having fun with it, myself

I said pounds of bodyweight, not kilos... in my avatar pic i was about 212 lbs. Im about 206 right now, not in as good of shape as my pic.

I'm Spanish, I use grams and kilos, lol

But at the end of the day they are very similar figures, you should eat 200 or 250 grams of protein, it doesn't seem like much IMO, of course, not everything is solid food, I would like to have a couple of shakes of 30-40 grams

I'm Spanish, I use grams and kilos, lol

But at the end of the day they are very similar figures, you should eat 200 or 250 grams of protein, it doesn't seem like much IMO, of course, not everything is solid food, I would like to have a couple of shakes of 30-40 grams

200-250g per meal , or totally for the days.???

That's 7-9oz of meat , depending on your size and how many times a day you eat that not bad

200-250g per meal , or totally for the days.???

That's 7-9oz of meat , depending on your size and how many times a day you eat that not bad

Per day, of course!

And it would not be difficult to eat meat at all meals.

Every time I hear someone say eating healthy is too expensive I know they are full of shit and never even tried it lol eating shit is def more expensive. What they are actually saying is I’m too fucking lazy to shop and cook. And my body is living proof of this half ass attempt hahaha

And as far as growing beef and how much protein it takes to do it? Well the variables will be individual. But I watched inmates grow on little to no protein in their diet. Under 100grams a day from their state meals. And believe me I checked the nutrition information on the boxeS. It def does not take 2-3 grams per lb of body weight. Arnold’s protein intake was minimal. He ate like a bird. Tom platz said cards grow muscle for him not protein so much. Who knows lol

Every time I hear someone say eating healthy is too expensive I know they are full of shit and never even tried it lol eating shit is def more expensive. What they are actually saying is I’m too fucking lazy to shop and cook. And my body is living proof of this half ass attempt hahaha
For real. I buy 25 pound bags of jasmine rice for 15 dollars. I wait till chicken breast is on sale for between 1.57-1.77 and buy 45 pounds. Every 3 week London broil is on sale at the Safeway by me, I buy 20-30 pounds. I kee it all in a deep freeze and thaw as needed. I buy huge bags of frozen bell peppers for cheap, I grind my own hamburger out of cheap cuts that were on sale. It’s not that it’s more expensive, it’s that they’re too lazy to do the work to save the money

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear