over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

MitOQ vs Ubiquinol

nothuman

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I had never heard of MitOQ until I got an email newsletter about it this morning. Anyone heard of this stuff? Better or worse than Ubiquinol?

MitoQ - Advanced CoQ technology

I had never heard of MitOQ until I got an email newsletter about it this morning. Anyone heard of this stuff? Better or worse than Ubiquinol?

MitoQ - Advanced CoQ technology

No is not better, here is the MitoQ-Advanced formula : CoQ10, L-Carnitine, Magnesium and Vitamin D.

Is much better to take CoQ10 with Fulvic Acid.

Hi Guys, I am the CEO of MitoQ Ltd.

MitoQ is an advanced form of CoQ10 and quite different in terms of its effects compared with traditional CoQ10.

We have put a positive charge on the CoQ10 and this causes it to flood into the mitochondria.

Its the first time anyone has been able to target antioxidants to the mitochondria and deliver them at meaningful levels.

What MitoQ does is stabilise the mitochondrial membrane and support mitochondrial function. It literally tunes them up and this delivers more energy to the cells.

We have some strong science behind it with over 50m invested in research to date. Pop over to pubmed.com and search for MitoQ to get a sense of the work done to date.

If you have any questions I would be happy to answer them. Also happy to send out a few samples.

Greg

MitoQ is an advanced form of CoQ10 and quite different in terms of its effects compared with traditional CoQ10.

We have put a positive charge on the CoQ10 and this causes it to flood into the mitochondria.

Its the first time anyone has been able to target antioxidants to the mitochondria and deliver them at meaningful levels.

What MitoQ does is stabilise the mitochondrial membrane and support mitochondrial function. It literally tunes them up and this delivers more energy to the cells.

We have some strong science behind it with over 50m invested in research to date. Pop over to pubmed.com and search for MitoQ to get a sense of the work done to date.

If you have any questions I would be happy to answer them. Also happy to send out a few samples.

Greg

How does it differ from Kaneka sourced Ubiquinol? We know CoQ10 in the form of ubiquinone is all but useless but what makes this better than Ubiquinol? Should they even be compared?

Greg

There other much better compounds that would enhance the effectiveness of the CoQ10 and stabilise the mitochondria. Check your PM.

Time to revisit this. MitoQ is EXPENSIVE and only one company sells it. However, if it can replace Ubiquinol, that cuts it down a little, rather than using both.

Dr. Rhonda Patrick posted this on Twitter and wddty

https://www.wddty.com/news/2018/05/...ood-vessels-making-them-20-years-younger.html

If ads keep popping up, use this link
**broken link removed**

Pretty remarkable study...BUT the study's authors have some conflict of interest

Last edited:
Emeric,
I realize this thread is old..but it doesn't surprise me that you are instead pushing something you source/provide for other companies. This is a huge reason that people shrug off some of your suggestions. I can pretty much never remember a time where you have recommended something you don't sell or provide other companies with. Just a thought bro.

Emeric,
I realize this thread is old..but it doesn't surprise me that you are instead pushing something you source/provide for other companies. This is a huge reason that people shrug off some of your suggestions. I can pretty much never remember a time where you have recommended something you don't sell or provide other companies with. Just a thought bro.
But the fulvic acid though! MAGIC

"The study was funded by the National Institutes of Health. MitoQ Limited provided supplements and some financial support."

Don't like seeing MitoQ has some funding in the study.

"The study was funded by the National Institutes of Health. MitoQ Limited provided supplements and some financial support."

Don't like seeing MitoQ has some funding in the study.

Yea that's the hold up for me too. Still interesting though. To use the 20mg doses from the study, it would cost $170 for a 45 day supply :eek:

Yea that's the hold up for me too. Still interesting though. To use the 20mg doses from the study, it would cost $170 for a 45 day supply :eek:

That's insane. https://www.mitoq.com/mitoq-heart-capsules-60.html

Looks like its sold out for now, so people are buying it. If you look on that page youll see a mountain biker claims it has stopped his arrhythmias so far. Im going to stick to my ubiquinol for now.

Emeric,

I believe he only sells/markets products he honestly believes in.

Ak

That's insane. https://www.mitoq.com/mitoq-heart-capsules-60.html

Looks like its sold out for now, so people are buying it. If you look on that page youll see a mountain biker claims it has stopped his arrhythmias so far. Im going to stick to my ubiquinol for now.

I will too, for now. Ubiquinol is probably the most expensive supplement I take at over a dollar a day (I take 300mg) but even that isn't close to MitoQ. The 3-pack on Amazon is $170

I will too, for now. Ubiquinol is probably the most expensive supplement I take at over a dollar a day (I take 300mg) but even that isn't close to MitoQ. The 3-pack on Amazon is $170

I still take ubiquinol and fish oil but thought you and others might be interested in this **broken link removed** just published

I still take ubiquinol and fish oil but thought you and others might be interested in this **broken link removed** just published

I saw this, but to me, it's a flawed study because they made no mention of which fish oil supplements they tested (there are 100s) and they didn't say the ratio of EPA/DHA. There's been an even more recent study showing that you need an equal ratio of epa/dha to get the most benefits (I made a thread about it recently). Unless someone can convince me otherwise, I'm not going to put too much stock in this.

Also worth noting these people already had heart failure.

Last edited:
I saw this, but to me, it's a flawed study because they made no mention of which fish oil supplements they tested (there are 100s) and they didn't say the ratio of EPA/DHA. There's been an even more recent study showing that you need an equal ratio of epa/dha to get the most benefits (I made a thread about it recently). Unless someone can convince me otherwise, I'm not going to put too much stock in this.

"In summary, we have found that MitoQ can cause significant mitochondrial toxicity in kidney tissue independent of anti‐oxidant activity, and in the absence of a decrease in OCR. These surprising findings underline the point that drugs can have unexpected side‐effects independent of their intended mechanism of action, and provide further evidence that live imaging can play an important role in comprehensively phenotyping how mitochondria respond to pharmacological interventions."

https://physoc.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.14814/phy2.13667

This is a quote from a reddit poster (masteroflaw) from a similar thread a few days ago. I'm not an expert but what do you guys think about this? Possibly not all that great after all?

I was planning to run this alongside my next blast.

"In summary, we have found that MitoQ can cause significant mitochondrial toxicity in kidney tissue independent of anti‐oxidant activity, and in the absence of a decrease in OCR. These surprising findings underline the point that drugs can have unexpected side‐effects independent of their intended mechanism of action, and provide further evidence that live imaging can play an important role in comprehensively phenotyping how mitochondria respond to pharmacological interventions."

https://physoc.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.14814/phy2.13667

This is a quote from a reddit poster (masteroflaw) from a similar thread a few days ago. I'm not an expert but what do you guys think about this? Possibly not all that great after all?

I was planning to run this alongside my next blast.

I am not sure but thanks for sharing this information. It's important we know as much about it as possible when discussing it. Perhaps seeing whether kidney tests like eGFR, etc. show worse results will tell us more about it?

What you say is true but I think their overarching point is probably still valid.

Having said that, they note that it could in part be because people are eating more fish nowadays and they also stated these patients were generally on multiple heart medications. I would agree that once someone is already eating fish a few times per week and taking cardiac related medications they aren't likely going to experience much of an additional benefit from fish oil.

But for someone not taking medication, who isn't eating fish, I do still believe there is definitely a benefit to taking fish oil. Also, this has nothing to do with the brain related benefits of fish oil which are also very well studied, so I still recommend it highly and will continue to take it.

Just hope people take think it's a panacea....or pull a Charles Poliquin and start suggesting 20+g per day :D

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear