over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

MitOQ vs Ubiquinol

"In summary, we have found that MitoQ can cause significant mitochondrial toxicity in kidney tissue independent of anti‐oxidant activity, and in the absence of a decrease in OCR. These surprising findings underline the point that drugs can have unexpected side‐effects independent of their intended mechanism of action, and provide further evidence that live imaging can play an important role in comprehensively phenotyping how mitochondria respond to pharmacological interventions."

This is pretty interesting...been using 10mg (5mg am/pm) MitoQ daily for at least 2-3 years now. For the first time last year my eGFR was in the 60's and for whatever reason at the same time I started having a dull pain in the middle of my right back (kidney area)??? Strangely enough I've been on vacation for 2 weeks in Greece (not using MitoQ) the dull pain is completely gone???

"In summary, we have found that MitoQ can cause significant mitochondrial toxicity in kidney tissue independent of anti‐oxidant activity, and in the absence of a decrease in OCR. These surprising findings underline the point that drugs can have unexpected side‐effects independent of their intended mechanism of action, and provide further evidence that live imaging can play an important role in comprehensively phenotyping how mitochondria respond to pharmacological interventions."

This is pretty interesting...been using 10mg (5mg am/pm) MitoQ daily for at least 2-3 years now. For the first time last year my eGFR was in the 60's and for whatever reason at the same time I started having a dull pain in the middle of my right back (kidney area)??? Strangely enough I've been on vacation for 2 weeks in Greece (not using MitoQ) the dull pain is completely gone???

Wow. What did your eGFR used to be?

Wow. What did your eGFR used to be?

It's always been normal over 100 and my last blood work 69...I'll remain off the MitoQ for another 2 weeks until my next blood work to see. I wiill report my results. I know correlation is not always causation but reading that study makes me wonder...

We will find out in the long run. I'm not wasting my hard earned cash on supplement like this. As fool and his money are soon parted.

It's always been normal over 100 and my last blood work 69...I'll remain off the MitoQ for another 2 weeks until my next blood work to see. I wiill report my results. I know correlation is not always causation but reading that study makes me wonder...

Really glad you posted about this. Hopefully your GFR goes back up and saves us from spending our hard earned money on a supplement with this kind of effect.

Really glad you posted about this. Hopefully your GFR goes back up and saves us from spending our hard earned money on a supplement with this kind of effect.

I love the idea of supplementation for health, but aside from general ignorance there is a reason many physicians don't recommend supplements for the most part....95+% of supplements out there just aren't well studied with randomized controlled trials over long periods of time and you just can't as a medical doctor recommend these products, and this potential kidney issue is exactly why.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131