over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Mixing protein powder with Oatmeal?

TooPowerful4u

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Ok i must be an idiot. I was thinking about this today and remembered i was gona ask this like 4months ago, and forgot.

I dont by any means use low quality protein, but it always seems to clump when i try to mix it in the oatmeal lol. Can somebody hold my hand like a lil child and walk me through the steps of mixing this combo. Do you mix the protein and water or skim milk FIRST, then add oatmeal or what? Iv used pure isolate for god sakes and still cant get it to work!

I EAT PROTEIN AND OATS FOR 3 OF MY SIX MEALS WHILE DIETING.

TooPowerful4u said:
Ok i must be an idiot. I was thinking about this today and remembered i was gona ask this like 4months ago, and forgot.

I dont by any means use low quality protein, but it always seems to clump when i try to mix it in the oatmeal lol. Can somebody hold my hand like a lil child and walk me through the steps of mixing this combo. Do you mix the protein and water or skim milk FIRST, then add oatmeal or what? Iv used pure isolate for god sakes and still cant get it to work!

HERE IS WHAT I DO:

1. 1/2 CUP OF OATMEAL IN A BOWL. ADD JUST ENOUGH [WARM, NOT HOT OR COLD] WATER TO THE OATMEAL. I MAKE SURE THAT THE SURFACE OF THE WATER LIGHTLY COVERS THE OATS...LIKE A LIGHT FILM OF WATER ON THE SURFACE OF THE OATS SO THERE WILL BE ENOUGH WATER TO MIX THE PROTEIN EASILY LATER.

2. PUT THE BOWL OF WATER AND OATS IN THE MICROWAVE FOR 40-45 SECONDS. COOK ON HIGH.

3. TAKE OATS AND WATER OUT OF MICROWAVE...IT SHOULDN'T BE DRYED OUT OR OVER COOKED...SHOULD STILL BE A LITTLE RUNNY...ADD IN TWO SCOOPS OF PRO-COMPLEX PROTIEN POWDER...STIR IT UP SLOWLY.

IT ALWAYS MIXES WELL FOR ME..THEN I USUALLY ADD A LITTLE CINNAMON AND ONE PACKET OF SPLENDA. I REALLY ENJOY IT AND HAVE FOR YEARS....I ACTUALLY LOOK FORWARD TO EATING OATMEAL EVERYDAY. IT'S A HELL OF A LOT BETTER THAN RICE IN MY OPINION.

I LIKE THE BRAND OF PROTEIN I USE BECAUSE IT MIXES REALLY WELL ALL THE TIME.

I HOPE THIS HELPS YOU SOME....IT'S SORTA LONG WINDED. :)

i put the dry oats into my shake. the instant oatmeal is finer and works well. this is to drink it, not eat it. its been my breakfast for 3 years. i add a little extra water if its gonna sit a while cause the ots absorb some.

Stumpy advised the oatmeal shakes to me some time ago....
Its not bad, Just gives it a bit of texture.

I Just dump the raw oats in the blender with the milk an protien powder.

I've been thinking about doing this with muscle milk. I eat pretty shitty carb sources because I just don't like the low gi shit, but I would drink oatmeal. I'm gonna try it if I can ever remember to buy oatmeal. :rolleyes:

OK i think Jethro nailed my problem. I was making the oatmeal regular first, then adding the protein powder, thats why it was clumping. I need to leave extra water for it to absorb. Il give it a shot, thanx all

You know, sometimes I just get sick of my protein flavors, so I buy packets of oatmeal that are flavored like cinnamon roll, maple/brown sugar, blueberry, apples/cinnamon, etc. and blend it up with my protein and ice...Damn, one of those packets will make ANY protein edible. They taste so damn good.. There is some sugar in them, 13 gms. if I remember correctly, but that isn't too bad. Helps me get through more tubs of protein than I normally would. :)

MOOSE

My shakes usually have a half cup of oats, 40 grams protein, 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Blend and enjoy :)

Usually protein powders clump when heated, so if you add them to hot water, they'll clump.
The purer the protein powder, the less it will clump though.

The only way I can oatmeal is to mix it in protein powder. I do not eat egg's nor do I eat plain oats. The plan I came up was to mix my protein powder in my oatmeal for some flavor.

I would first microwave the oatmeal with water like the directions said. Then I would mix my protein powder in. I noticed that it always clumped up really thick. So then common sense told me next time to add about a 1/2 cup to 1 cup more of water to the oats before I cook them. When finished cooking there would be a good bit of water floating on top. That was perfect. The protein powder would soak up the rest. So voila'. Problem solved.........

But, I could not stand the powdery tasted from this mix. I don't mix anything into my oatmeal. Its hardcore. Water, oats, and powder. So this obviously wasn't working for me. Then magic happened. I finally one day decided to blend my oats into my protein shake. I was one happy soul. I drink this concoction for the longest time. I was worried about drinking raw oats, but did lots and lots of research. Everything was posistive.

So now that is the only way I get my oats down. Never again will I mix them in powder after they are cooked. You also get them down 10 times faster. So its perfect for meals on the go if your in a hurry.

I was curious about how the body would handle raw oats. I know I won't be cooking them. So I take it raw oats are healthy and assimilated by the body ok?

Vanilla-Gorilla said:
So voila'. Problem solved.........

Good to see people spelling voila properly. I can't stand it when they spell it walla or some other shit! LOL

Large glass

Add water
Add UNcooked oats
Add protein power
Mix with a spoon
Drink

As basic as it gets :)

I have been doing this for 2 years now. I feel the same way I do when I eat cooked oatmeal. I can feel my energy from it. I have great workouts and pumps. It doesn't bother me one bit.

Think about it for a minute. Look at a oat. Take the top off of your Quaker oats and pick one flake out. Go ahead stick it in your mouth. Chew it.

What happens? Nothing. It actually taste just like it does when its cooked in a bowl of water. But your salivia mixes with it making it moist. Sorta like you when you eat it warm from a bowl.

Hear me out here. There is nothing wrong with eating raw oats. The reason why you eat them in a bowl of warm water or milk is for taste only. Imagine Quaker Oats telling you to eat this shit by the handfuls. How much would sells decrease. No, fuck sales. Where would they be today if they would have marketed raw oats in the past. No where. Of course they tell you to mix it with water or milk. Add in sugar, honey, blah, blah, blah. Are you starting to get my point? The only reason this stuff is recommended to by eaten that way is for sales only.

There would be nothing wrong with eating a handful of oats by themselves. Your mouth would just dry out. But by mixing them raw in a protein shake you have the dryness issue eliminated. Do you guys get what I am saying.

I mean this shit ain't raw meat here. Its freakin' natural oats. Don't be afraid to eat it raw.

Lets say I still can't sell you on it, then will you at least do this for me, this is only if I can't sell you on drinking your raw oats. Basically this is to make you feel better.

Take out your blender. Then measure out the following:

2 cups of water or skim milk
2-3 scoops of protein powder
1/2-2cups of oatmeal (however much you need, I use 1/2 cup mostly, but 1 cup works great, honestly, never used 2 cups, but it would work)
Optional* 1-2 tbsp of natural peanut butter. (this here once again is strictly your choice here. I find that if you do use it, it helps things to "cling" together better)

Ok now blend for 30 seconds.

I like to get the oats to a fine powder consistency. Although if in a hurry I will blast it for 5 secs. Drinking the whole oat flakes doesn't bother me. I just have to swirl the cup a lot more.

Making and drinking this shake takes no more than 2-3 minutes. Talk about fast food. McDonalds can't top that.

But............if you are scared, then do everything as above and heat the protein shake up in a microwave proof cup for 30-45 seconds. This step is not needed, but for those of you looking for a peace of mind this is the answer.

It is much quicker than sitting down to a bowl of oats every morning at the table.

Trust me, you will thank me here.

Now Vanders Apple juice tuna shakes, ok that is a different story. But drinking raw oats and protein powder with water is nothing.

I hope I have convinced.

Peace,
VG

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws