over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

mixing protein with half&half

grasshopper

Registered
How many of you guys mix your protein with half & half? I had a huge guy tell me he mixes his WPI with half & half.

That sounds way overboard.. I mix mine with milk, and after a while I felt that whole milk was pushing it, so I bumped it down to 2%, just cuz I didn't wanna be taking in all that fat and sat fat.. I'm still really lean, but it didn't seem like a good idea with all the fat, since I drink at least 36 oz. of it a day - which would be WAY more of an issue w/ half and half.

Here's the nutritional info per 8 oz. serving:

2% Milk - 122 cals, 5g total fat (3g saturated)
Whole Milk - 146 cals, 8g total fat (5g saturated)
Half & Half - 315 cals, 28g total fat (17g saturated)

The half & half actually has a little less protein too, cuz of all the fat in it.

I mix mine with heavy cream ala Vince Gironda. I'll never go back to milk. I get in a shit load more calories and I put on less bodyfat.

8 ounces:
Heavy Whipping Cream - 776 cals, 80g total fat (48g saturated)

Last edited:
I mix mine with heavy cream ala Vince Gironda. I'll never go back to milk. I get in a shit load more calories and I put on less bodyfat.

8 ounces:

how does this help you stay leaner? Or "I put on less bodyfat"? lol i can see myself turning into the michelin man!

Gironda was a genius

vince was way ahead of his time. guys were getting big and lean with his famous concoction of heavy cream mixed with eggs. they did not get fat but got harder and more muscular on a ton of fat.

YUP

8 ounces:

I don't do this I just use whole milk,... but this is not the first guy that i've heard this from over the years.

When I went to a trace carb diet for a while I looked forward to the half and half shakes more that any other meal. I did mix the h&h with water though just because I didn't need all the extra calories. I'd say for people that stay low carb it's worth experimenting with.

I love fat

A high fat meal gives me a rush of testosterone like no other meal could ever do. For me it's evoo, raw cream, raw milk and some 90% bovine serum and BAM! an hour later I'm rushin' big time. It's either fight, fuck or pump weights when this happens....

great idea! WTF is up with all this fear of fat? Sound like a bunch of women. Fat = strength!

Well this is bringing up a valid discussion then.. Let's say I was to mix my 3 daily shakes with half & half instead of 2% milk.. I'd be taking in over 5x as much fat.. Now I'm really lean, I've gotta be 10% bf tops - but wouldn't ALL that extra fat, well, make me put on fat? What makes someone put on fat, in general? I know that any type of extra calories, be it carbs or protein can do it - but wouldn't eating a TON of extra fat make you put on fat more easily?

Well this is bringing up a valid discussion then.. Let's say I was to mix my 3 daily shakes with half & half instead of 2% milk.. I'd be taking in over 5x as much fat.. Now I'm really lean, I've gotta be 10% bf tops - but wouldn't ALL that extra fat, well, make me put on fat? What makes someone put on fat, in general? I know that any type of extra calories, be it carbs or protein can do it - but wouldn't eating a TON of extra fat make you put on fat more easily?

if taken with a lot of carbs...yes

What works for me is keeping the total cals within reason. I eat when I'm hungry, stop eating when I'm full. My body craves fat and protein. I find that dietary fat does not convert to bodyfat as easily as some would assume. DF for me is used for much more important functions than putting body fat on. Hormone production is the number one reason I eat tons of fat. Strategically, I'm still under 10% bf.

So do you guys think I should start using whole milk again for my shakes as opposed to the 2%? Or would it not really make too much of a difference? I drink somewhere between 36-48 oz. milk a day.

617ricky try it and see how you do. I'm a big believer in experimentation to maximize gains. I hate pas/hom milk tho. Fat increases strength..

8 ounces:

thank you you just made my next bulker in fall MUCH easyer for me and i get tierd of 4tbs of penutbutter blended in every shake lol.
i dont knwo why i didnt think of this before.

:-D

ps. to all you guys out there its the CARBS THATS GONNA MAKE YOU FAT!!! i mean extra calories yes but when its alot of carbs is whats gonna take its toll.

ps. to all you guys out there its the CARBS THATS GONNA MAKE YOU FAT!!! i mean extra calories yes but when its alot of carbs is whats gonna take its toll.
Exactly!!!

.ps. to all you guys out there its the CARBS THATS GONNA MAKE YOU FAT!!! i mean extra calories yes but when its alot of carbs is whats gonna take its toll.

this is simply not true, assuming we are taking in excess calories above maint. the body will deposit fat much easier when the excess cals are coming from fat. the body has a harder time turning excess cals that come from carbs into fat. go on a diet for six months where your total fat intake is 10% of the calories for each day and see just how much fat you gain from all the excess carbs. it won't be much i can assure you.

I think the general idea is that a balanced diet low to moderate in fat is best for gaining lean body mass, and a high-fat diet is best for losing fat without losing LBM.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131