over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

MK677 and elevated glucose (HbA1c test)

thSman

Newbies
I recently had some bloods taken to check my prostate was in check at my local GP Surgery ( Doctors surgery in the UK).

All was fine with my Prostate but my blood glucose was elevated to 50 mmol/mol with is 2mmol/mol over the diabetic level that is used in the UK. The Doc was on about putting me on Metaformin etc but then the penny dropped and I told him i was taking a supp to help me sleep.

He'd obviously never heard of MK677 but I suggested that I come back in two weeks and see what the result is then.

It scared the shit out of me as I'm 42, healthy living/eating individual.

MK is so easy to use and I'd like to keep using this but NOT at this risk !

Any ideas on -

Lowering dosage to 12.5 mg in the p.m

Using berberine to lower blood sugar

Buying a blood glucose monitor to see how I go.

My Nan is the only one in the family with Diabetes and hasn't had the most healthy of eating habits and is very old ,93 and diabetes for 20 year or so.

Can't say I've had any of the usual diabetic symptoms either. It seems that so many of are taking this and I suspect I'm not in the few who have responded to MK in this way.

I'd love some input from you !

I use here and ANASCI a lot,lots of good info to be had .

Things that help me;

1. Regular cardio and intense Lifts
2. Limiting carbs for a few hours and only on workout days
3. A GDA product
4. Staying lean
5. Keeping thyroid levels in check
6. A quality amount of EFA's and Vitamin D

My fasted blood glucose was up to 100 on MK when I didnt do cardio and ate like shit. Now I stay around 80 even on 30mg of MK!

Iron Lion,
What is a GDA ? Glucose disposal....?

How do you measure fasted glucose state ?

I do 1,4 & 6

Will levels return to normal after you stop using or will elevated levels impair your natural function forever so making you a type 2 ?

Thanks for our response.

Glucose disposal agent.

I'm in uk too. There are a load about which contain berberine, cinnamon, ala etc.

This will drop it by ten points straight away.

As previous, lower carbs too to certain times.

Iron Lion,
What is a GDA ? Glucose disposal....?

How do you measure fasted glucose state ?

I do 1,4 & 6

Will levels return to normal after you stop using or will elevated levels impair your natural function forever so making you a type 2 ?

Thanks for our response.

buy a glucometer, check your blood sugar first thing in the morning than again 12 hours later with a small carb meal.

Start taking insulin sensitizers, such as berberine. 500 mg 3X daily will work wonders for your BG levels. Like the previous poster said, doing some cardio would be helpful as well...and healthy for your heart. At your age, all bodybuilders should be doing some form of cardio anyway.

All the suggestions the previous poster made would help.

Start taking insulin sensitizers, such as berberine. 500 mg 3X daily will work wonders for your BG levels. Like the previous poster said, doing some cardio would be helpful as well...and healthy for your heart. At your age, all bodybuilders should be doing some form of cardio anyway.

All the suggestions the previous poster made would help.

This. I use berberine year round minimum 500mg twice daily n recommend this to all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Excellent advice and thank you all.
I've a blood glucose monitor already on its way and will order some berberine pronto.

I was hoping Mike A would chime in....thanks !

Everyone is making great points. I recommend cardio, weight training, diet, health fats with diet, and ALA (Alpha Lipoic Acid)…it's such an under rated supplement. Also, something that I would recommend would be Chromium. Chromium polynicotinate (Probably spelled it wrong)…..better absorbed. Many still utilized the Picolinate version which might be just fine…..that might be a question for one of the others.

If you are going to use a GDA, you should use Chromium in my opinion…for what it's worth.

I cycle MK-677 off and on 1-2 months at a time plus eat precontest style year round to keep blood glucose in check.

Apple cider vinegar in the morning and pre bed helped improve my bg levels. From high 90s to low 80s.

Apple cider vinegar in the morning and pre bed helped improve my bg levels. From high 90s to low 80s.

I’ve never used Apple cider vinegar. Glad to see you got those great numbers.

Do you think I can eat a box of donuts and use apple cider and get shredded???....I’m kidding.

same here... i mix the acv with baking soda so it won't be hard on your teeth... it reduces the acidity. plus baking soda has a number of health benefits on its own anyways... also, drink through a straw just to be safe..

Lol. I also consume acv on my carb refeed days. Def helps with digestion gas and bloat from the carbs.

I would recommend GW if open to it. GW has far to many benefit. It will improve insulin sensitivity and cholesterol. It also has a long half life. I can’t say enough about it.

I’ve been using it straight for five months at 20 mugs. I plan to take a break in the next few weeks, but will start it once again afterwards. That being said, I use ALA year round. No, it hasn’t affected muscle growth like some might say. I’ve been taking ALA for years. Ocassionly I will take 1000 metformin, but not much. I like the drug, but it’s not this wonder drug some make it out to be.....but neither is GW or ALA. if your not doing your part, they aren’t near as effective.

Last edited:
Again thanks a LOT !

Just got my meter today, Blood glucose post meal was 37mmol/mol.Which is a good starting point yeah ?

I'll take it on waking, so fasted and work from there. Berberine will arrive tomorrow so I can check on level without it (MK only) and with it so I can gauge the reduction in glucose it gives me.

I'll see how I go with this and look into the other sups advised.

I was thinking of 2 Month cycles as Jon J advises.

Once I get an idea of how I'm going with glucose levels over say a week can I reduce checking it to say one day per week in the am & pm ?

GW-501516

No problem man. I call it GW for show, but it's called Cardarine. You can read a lot about it on this site. BTW, theres some misleading info out there about it causing cancer which is simply just not true.

This. I use berberine year round minimum 500mg twice daily n recommend this to all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not to sound stupid, but is 500 mg enough? I guess I was always under the assumption one had to use a minimum of a gram. Someone with knowledge hopefully can answer this question.

Not to sound stupid, but is 500 mg enough? I guess I was always under the assumption one had to use a minimum of a gram. Someone with knowledge hopefully can answer this question.

I don't know if you saw this, but he said he uses 500 mg 2X daily, for a total of 1 gram per day. 500 mg used 2-3X daily is the norm.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131