over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

MMA guys...ur thoughts

E.J.

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I recently watched "The Smashing Machine" again. I noticed in the scene after Marks hospitalization where he throws away all of his "stuff"...he tosses a bottle of humulin R insulin in the trash. This was 1999. Mark was jacked back in the day. Took whatever he had to in order to be the baddest man in the world.

My question is, is insulin a regular addition to a fighters supps due to it not being detected. Way back then or today? Any thoughts or experiences on the matter?

I have to think the vast majority of today's MMA fighters using PEDs are using more cardio/endurance enhancing drugs. Sure some of them want to pack on more muscle, but I think most of them are using "cutting" drugs and maybe GH.

I think your "baddest man in the world" comment sums up the attitude of the original MMA fighters, particularly the higher weight classes. I don't doubt there were more than a few guys using slin and bulking drugs back in the day.

I think that insulin is the last thing MMA fighters want to take. 95% of fighter excluding most of the HW class kill themselves cutting weight. I think that with the implementation of stronger testing they probably use PED's that they can take at night before bed and can pass a test 18 -24 hours later.

Highly unlikely. These guys during training camp are burning calories like a furnace. They have a hard time eating enough to maintain their weight, let alone eat more to justify insulin use.

I think that insulin is the last thing MMA fighters want to take. 95% of fighter excluding most of the HW class kill themselves cutting weight. I think that with the implementation of stronger testing they probably use PED's that they can take at night before bed and can pass a test 18 -24 hours later.

Agree with this. Kerr was a massive guy and didn't have to worry about cutting weight. Just having the conditioning to not gas out. Which he did pretty bad in the film during prides first Grand Prix against fugita I believe it was. He was pretty much unable to move and just got pounded on for a good bit. Afterward, backstage he told Bas he just couldn't move and his blood sugar was low. It got me thinking when I saw the insulin bottle in his drawer and was just trying to draw a conclusion from it.

Here's a great read I came across a while back. Talks about Kerr time between high school and college wrestling when he toured with some big acts as a roadie. Good details in here that I never knew even though I followed him back in the day.

His Smashing Machine days over, Mark Kerr reflects on then, now - MMA - SI.com

I never knew Kerr was at Foxcatcher with Shultz. I watched that film last year and was blown away. Never realized DuPont was nuts prior to that. What a great article. Thanks for posting

Here's a great read I came across a while back. Talks about Kerr time between high school and college wrestling when he toured with some big acts as a roadie. Good details in here that I never knew even though I followed him back in the day.

His Smashing Machine days over, Mark Kerr reflects on then, now - MMA - SI.com

In the article it explains that the hgh Kerr was taking was the culprit behind his low blood sugar in the Fugita fight. That makes sense to me. That wasn't divulged in the film. Only the anabolics and the glimpse of the insulin bottle.

This is def worth 16 min as well

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYFUoEaL4YY"]Mark Kerr - YouTube[/ame]

In the article it explains that the hgh Kerr was taking was the culprit behind his low blood sugar in the Fugita fight. That makes sense to me. That wasn't divulged in the film. Only the anabolics and the glimpse of the insulin bottle.

Staff online

• Bio
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner