over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

MMA reacts to talk of a Mayweather McGregor UFC Cage Fight

For another $300 million, or better yet a billion dollar, 3 fight contract I bet he would do it, win or lose. He still has his perfect boxing record.

These are the only ways it could happen. I don't think it's an exaggeration to say that in a real MMA fight Floyd would have about a .0001% chance. Virtually zero. Either way it's not competitive or intriguing. I've got it, a double feature! First McGreggor plays a round of golf against Rory McIlroy, and then(because he has to be the main event) Mayweather has a tennis match with Roger Federer. Those would be great matchups of some of the best athletes in the world in their respective disciplines battling it out right?

I think if Floyd spent a solid year on takedown/ kick defense and was able to keep it standing for a couple rounds, just about anybody in his weight class has a high likelihood of getting KTFO.

I think if Floyd spent a solid year on takedown/ kick defense and was able to keep it standing for a couple rounds, just about anybody in his weight class has a high likelihood of getting KTFO.

Really? Because he couldnt manage to knock Mcgregor out n a boxing only match. 9th round tko

When there’s $100-$300 million involved in a single sporting event. Guaranteed to both sides... that can last anywhere from seconds to at most an hour, I just don’t trust it. That’s such a large amount of money for both fighters that I believe it would be rigged and fixed and staged. I said before the last match that Mayweather being a skilled boxer would have no problem with McGregor. And I’ll stay the same in reverse if they go to real fighting. McGregor in reality would tear Mayweather a part in a matter of seconds. It’s a whole different game. It’s a whole different sport.

If they fought a real MMA grudge match, completely all out McGregor would absolutely annihilate Mayweather in that environment. Boxing is a true sport. It’s a whole entire other event.

Last edited:
Really? Because he couldnt manage to knock Mcgregor out n a boxing only match. 9th round tko
Agree. McGreggor got exhausted and was unable to defend himself, but he still didn't look really close to knocked out, even with so many hard and clean punches landing. Floyd was never a knock out artist, and his hands have gotten brittle over the years. He is an accurate puncher, but when you have to deal with kicks and takedowns, your stance changes and you have to think about and sense so many other things, that you can't utilize pure boxing the same way as in a boxing match.

Agree. McGreggor got exhausted and was unable to defend himself, but he still didn't look really close to knocked out, even with so many hard and clean punches landing. Floyd was never a knock out artist, and his hands have gotten brittle over the years. He is an accurate puncher, but when you have to deal with kicks and takedowns, your stance changes and you have to think about and sense so many other things, that you can't utilize pure boxing the same way as in a boxing match.

Exactly. Lets see Floyd take a couple good leg kicks from a Muay thai guy and see how well he punches

Exactly. Lets see Floyd take a couple good leg kicks from a Muay thai guy and see how well he punches

He would do just fine. I've trained in many forms of martial arts, but boxing is my favourite fighting style. I would take on training partners just punching (knee surgery ruined my kicking ability at the time) and them allowed to kick. I would just laugh off their kicks to my body, they couldn't even land kicks to my head. One of them was a Oceania shotokan karate champion and the other a coke head pro Muay thai fighter, before you think maybe they just didn't know how to kick. Once I'm inside of your kicks, you can't even knee effectively because your to busy dealing with my punch speed.

Next bit is not directed at you in particular HH.

It amazes me how many mma fans though McGregor had a chance in the boxing ring, but are so sure mayweather can't compete in the cage. You think he has never trained in martial arts before, you think he hasn't been training for the possibility of this for the last couple years. Floyd's dedication to training is what made him one of the greatest boxers of all time, in the next six months he would be able to soak up all the skills that take the average person years to learn.

For another $300 million, or better yet a billion dollar, 3 fight contract I bet he would do it, win or lose. He still has his perfect boxing record.

no one is signing Floyd to a 3 fight deal, after the 1st fight he will get the whooping of a lifetime and by the 3rd flight Floyd wont even want a thing to do with CM Punk

boxer cam, I disagree, but I would love it if you were right and they fought a competitive match for real. I don't see how he could avoid takedowns, or even if McGreggor just grabbed on to him and pulled guard.

MayWeather will do it if the money is enough. Floyd is all about making that paper. I like Floyd but he is a Boxer way different rules than MMA. I like Floyd but he would have to keep Conner on his feet and go for a fast TKO to win it. I like Conner but that Match Floyd carried him through the rounds till it was time to put him out. It will play out the same in the Octagon Conner would be stupid not to take him to the ground.

I dunno. When Maywether turns it up he knocks people out. I think he went easy on Mac personally, maybe for betting purposes. Who knows.

He would do just fine. I've trained in many forms of martial arts, but boxing is my favourite fighting style. I would take on training partners just punching (knee surgery ruined my kicking ability at the time) and them allowed to kick. I would just laugh off their kicks to my body, they couldn't even land kicks to my head. One of them was a Oceania shotokan karate champion and the other a coke head pro Muay thai fighter, before you think maybe they just didn't know how to kick. Once I'm inside of your kicks, you can't even knee effectively because your to busy dealing with my punch speed.

Next bit is not directed at you in particular HH.

It amazes me how many mma fans though McGregor had a chance in the boxing ring, but are so sure mayweather can't compete in the cage. You think he has never trained in martial arts before, you think he hasn't been training for the possibility of this for the last couple years. Floyd's dedication to training is what made him one of the greatest boxers of all time, in the next six months he would be able to soak up all the skills that take the average person years to learn.

Same experience here. Grew up in several styles...but boxing was always my first love. But no matter what style I was in (and we did spar with Muay Thai guys when I was in Wing Chun)...once the "gap" is made most kicks are ineffective. Hell...once you get really close inside...most punches aside from hooks or uppercuts aren't happening either. Elbows are a different story though.

My first black belt was in a kicking art. I remember working out with a guy who had did nothing but boxed his whole life. Easily stayed out of range for me....but when inside he would just light you up. After that I went back to boxing again because even though my dad had me doing it from a young age..I never took it too seriously. It just didn't seem to be as "exotic" as the other stuff I could train in.

Last 15 years have been Aikido, Aiki jujutsu, and just ground work on the mat in general. But even then trying to take a good boxer to the ground means you are going to get hit....and sometimes all it takes is that one smack in the right place to ring your bell.

I have had it happen one too many times. Get tapped...and it's not even hard enough to think it would do anything....but if in the right spot you feel this buzz like your brain just got vibrated...then your fighting tunnel vision.

He will fight in mma I reckon

Why not ?

The payday will be astronomical

It just won't be mcgregor as that woukd be suicide

He will be matched against some 1 and 0 scrub without anything to offer wrestling or bjj wise

Ferguson and Khabib is just never meant to happen, that fight is just jinxed

I think Khabib is going to give Holloway a hammering he has never had before

Floyd claims he is training for MMA

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KMnyk7iyXE"]Floyd Mayweather confirms he's 'serious', Grades his MMA Skills; Rose Responds to Joanna; TJ on Cody - YouTube[/ame]

I didn't read all the replies, bu IMO, mayweather would never let an mma fight really happen

Last edited:
There's an arrest warrant out for McGregor and his plane isn't allowed to take off. That was a really shitty thing he and his shit head buddies did. Artem Lobov is now off of the fight card and I imagine he'll be cut from the UFC.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJWRq84_rZk"]Conor McGregor Apology (11.12.16) - YouTube[/ame]

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131