over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

MMA vs Weight lifter

im not saying BJJ isn't a amazing art to learn... I just get a bit frustrated with how people will claim it is a superior fighting technique to striking...

UFC STATS:

Division Total Fights (T)KOs Submissions Total Decisions NoContests DQ
Heavyweight 571 50.6% 25.9% 22.8% 0.5% 0.2%
Light Heavy 484 43.0% 19.4% 35.3% 1.4% 0.8%
Middleweight 612 36.3% 23.9% 38.7% 0.8% 0.3%
Welterweight 845 31.7% 20.9% 46.3% 0.7% 0.4%
Lightweight 834 24.8% 24.9% 49.0% 1.2% 0.0%
Featherweight 347 26.8% 17.6% 53.9% 1.4% 0.3%
Bantamweight 281 23.5% 24.6% 49.8% 2.1% 0.0%
Flyweight 145 20.7% 19.3% 59.3% 0.7% 0.0%

as you can see, KOs and Tkos still reign supreme... with closer %s only to smaller weight classes unable to truly have KO power of the heavier classes ...

Last edited:
i would also have to put a Kenpo practitioner up against your theory of who dominated as Chuck Liddel was a 5th degree Kenpo blackbelt and the LHW champion with quite a few defenses....and was one f the most feared and popular fighters ever to fight in ufc.... when was the last time since gracie that a very strict BJJ fighter who uses his bjj primarily to win like a jacare or damian maia was champion w multiple successful defenses?

Gracie dominated in his era bc no one KNEW WHAT HE WAS DOING... bjj was foreign to 99% of fighters and they had no clue of even the basics... but look at even the best BJJ fighters after him like werdum/bj penn....they were winning off striking then as opponent wears, they'd sub...
We are talking style vs style here. Strikers caught up AFTER incorporating BJJ into their regimen. You take 2 fighters with the same stats and experience..the grappler will win 90% of the time. It's been demonstrated time and time again.

Sure, you can bite and scratch or whatever it is you do, but the grappler can do the same. It's not like we forget how to do those things. The reality is that most people don't have a clue what to do in the ground and end up making their situation worse.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

i would COMPLETELY disagree with a grappling art like bjj is better then a striking art for 95% of street fighting scenarios...sport fighting with a set ring, refs, and no other moving parts, yes, jiu jitsu very very efficient art...but ...how many street fights have you in seen in person won by BJJ as an adult, and how many ended by a good punch???? lol ... sorry man, but BJJ is practically USELESS for where 99% of fights occur in clubs and pubs or confined spaces... for sport fighting, yes, ground fighting submission arts are veryyyyy important... if you are in a FAIR 1 on 1 with good spacing and no fear of others coming in, weapons, etc....... but... when your in confined space and the fights average about 15 seconds to a minute or 2, you want to strike and not get struck the fastest and most violent way possible... most likely scanning the environment for other possible threats as no-one is sitting at the bars and club solo just allowing you a good clean fair fight like in the movies... you aren't going to the ground in the middle of the bar using your rubber guard and gassing someone out lol... ... its as simple as that... hit, don't get hit :lightbulb:

also, if you aren't in mma training, and just pure BJJ... what a fuckin wakeup call it is when you put on some training glove and allow strikes to play apart... all of a sudden most the shit you learn is out the window bc your positioning and rolling all around just leaves your head vulnerable..

.... i am not THAT good at bjj... but you take me to ground and we are in STREET COMBAT fighting for our lives, i will grab a handful of your nuts, bite a chunk out your face, or stick my fingers in your eye socket while ur all trying to gas me (non traditional moves you aren't trained to defend) ... there is nothing much you can do about it bc your trying to not let me have space, just pulling me closer...

Boxing super star Fernando Varges was choked out fast and easily in a street fight from a Brazilian Jui-jitsu blue belt....which is amateur level, one step about white belt. Before the UFC , (BJJ) went undefeated for about 80 years even putting out ads in newspapers challenging other styles.

Strikers HAD to learn grappling to use their strikes. Multiple weight division world champion boxer James Toney didn't land a single punch in his UFC fight. He got embarrassed by a grappler who ironically finished the boxer with punches.

In style vs style no art has the proven tested history that BJJ has. Not even close. I love striking absolutely love sparing. But grappling training is a must to use it.

A lot of sucker punch knock out on the street doesn't make striking the end a be all. Situational awareness is the key.

Last edited:
im not saying BJJ isn't a amazing art to learn... I just get a bit frustrated with how people will claim it is a superior fighting technique to striking...

UFC STATS:

Division Total Fights (T)KOs Submissions Total Decisions NoContests DQ
Heavyweight 571 50.6% 25.9% 22.8% 0.5% 0.2%
Light Heavy 484 43.0% 19.4% 35.3% 1.4% 0.8%
Middleweight 612 36.3% 23.9% 38.7% 0.8% 0.3%
Welterweight 845 31.7% 20.9% 46.3% 0.7% 0.4%
Lightweight 834 24.8% 24.9% 49.0% 1.2% 0.0%
Featherweight 347 26.8% 17.6% 53.9% 1.4% 0.3%
Bantamweight 281 23.5% 24.6% 49.8% 2.1% 0.0%
Flyweight 145 20.7% 19.3% 59.3% 0.7% 0.0%

as you can see, KOs and Tkos still reign supreme... with closer %s only to smaller weight classes unable to truly have KO power of the heavier classes ...

That's because people had to defend against BJJ. If you take someone with no grappling experience and only boxing, the boxer will lose in a street fight. If you take that same boxer and teach them how to defend a takedown, the game changes.

So without turning this into a combat art vs combat art. Just reference the beginning UFCs. BJJ made a serious statement to the world of combat and if they didn't adapt, they would get dominated for the years to come.

Ive fought in both disciplines, stand up and grappling, and from personal experience in a 1v1 scenario I would choose to learn BJJ and then throw some wrestling in next, then come to the striking later. Then again, UFC train all of those at once, multiple times a day and they're on a whole different level. I train with their caliber almost everyday.

That's because people had to defend against BJJ. If you take someone with no grappling experience and only boxing, the boxer will lose in a street fight. If you take that same boxer and teach them how to defend a takedown, the game changes.

So without turning this into a combat art vs combat art. Just reference the beginning UFCs. BJJ made a serious statement to the world of combat and if they didn't adapt, they would get dominated for the years to come.

Ive fought in both disciplines, stand up and grappling, and from personal experience in a 1v1 scenario I would choose to learn BJJ and then throw some wrestling in next, then come to the striking later. Then again, UFC train all of those at once, multiple times a day and they're on a whole different level. I train with their caliber almost everyday.

I agree. I have been boxed all my life (Never any good at it though). Dad was a pro boxer for awhile. Then I was put into Judo, Wing Chun...which by the way the school I was at cross trained heavily with Muay Thai and some of the Filipino martial arts,.....and then Aikido which was easier on me as I aged.

A skilled boxer who has even a little knowledge of how to stay on his feet can be very dangerous.

The best fighting style for skinny guy for self-defense vs Big/Taller guy is BBJ.

Skinny guy can choke you or break your arm.

Going on the ground is the best option when your smaller than your Oponent.

Mix this with Standing fighting style like muay thai and its dangerous.

Sure, you can bite and scratch or whatever it is you do, but the grappler can do the same. It's not like we forget how to do those things.

Dirty fighting is always the counter to BJJ from those that don't grapple,......as if in a street fight the trained grappler will stick to IBJJF rules?!

In all honesty I'd have a Very hard time running a Kimura or Armbar all the way through. If anyone did, the other person wouldn't be able to use that limb again; ever.

I've been in One fight as a trained fighter. I tried to decline, which made him more aggressive / confident. He wouldn't let up so he was soon on the ground, on his side, with me sitting on his neck as I was torquing a Kimura.

I let him verbally submit, screaming from pain, before I loosen up a bit.

I told him that I was going to let him up, then we were Both going to walk away, and if he came at me again the same thing was going to happen, but that I'd tear his shoulder.

For good measure I had him tell me that he was my Bitch. :D

I told him to not move, I released him, jumped off quick and took a defensive posture. He and his friend walked away.

For whatever reason there's always the understanding that grapplers go out by themselves, while untrained fighters always go out in groups. I'm not sure why this is,......who goes out by themselves?!

Dirty fighting is always the counter to BJJ from those that don't grapple,......as if in a street fight the trained grappler will stick to IBJJF rules?!

In all honesty I'd have a Very hard time running a Kimura or Armbar all the way through. If anyone did, the other person wouldn't be able to use that limb again; ever.

I've been in One fight as a trained fighter. I tried to decline, which made him more aggressive / confident. He wouldn't let up so he was soon on the ground, on his side, with me sitting on his neck as I was torquing a Kimura.

I let him verbally submit, screaming from pain, before I loosen up a bit.

I told him that I was going to let him up, then we were Both going to walk away, and if he came at me again the same thing was going to happen, but that I'd tear his shoulder.

For good measure I had him tell me that he was my Bitch. :D

I told him to not move, I released him, jumped off quick and took a defensive posture. He and his friend walked away.

For whatever reason there's always the understanding that grapplers go out by themselves, while untrained fighters always go out in groups. I'm not sure why this is,......who goes out by themselves?!
Lol, I know..its always the same story. "A street fighter will gouge your eyes out."

Same here...i ALWAYS make it a point to take their backs and choke them unconscious. Asshole or not, I simply cannot help myself.

Let's play a game..i Armbar you and you bite my leg...and let's see who gives in first [emoji2]

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
methyl m1ke